+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Assistant Coach

Champ LT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the rough

Re: Assistant Coach

Quote Originally Posted by Mean Gene View Post
    there had better be some marked improvement in the team chemistry & W-L record or CL MUST go!!!

Gene
    Don't be surprised if CL engineers a better W-L record by scheduling cupcakes. I couldn't believe he managed to convince much of the local press and fan base that the team finished strong last year even though we only finished 5-3 against teams with an average rpi outside the top 200 (or maybe even outside the top 250).

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Thumbs Down Re: Assistant Coach

Quote Originally Posted by LT View Post
    Don't be surprised if CL engineers a better W-L record by scheduling cupcakes. I couldn't believe he managed to convince much of the local press and fan base that the team finished strong last year even though we only finished 5-3 against teams with an average rpi outside the top 200 (or maybe even outside the top 250).
    Yeah, wasn't the big "war cry" last pre-season about our "TOUGH" OOC schedule?? OK, I'll give props to the Lady Vols & LSU but we weren't even competitive against them!! Factor in the azz whuppin' we took AT HOME from ULM &, well, I guess this is deviating into another thread.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mean Gene View Post
    Yeah, wasn't the big "war cry" last pre-season about our "TOUGH" OOC schedule?? OK, I'll give props to the Lady Vols & LSU but we weren't even competitive against them!! Factor in the azz whuppin' we took AT HOME from ULM &, well, I guess this is deviating into another thread.
    Hey Gene. After reading through various topics here over the last couple of months, I've gotten confused about something. Maybe you could help clear it up for me. How do you really feel about Chris Long's head coaching ability?

Come by the BB&B tailgate tent before the Ms. State game. Looking forward to meeting you. You'll have a great time.

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Thumbs Up Re: Assistant Coach

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    Hey Gene. After reading through various topics here over the last couple of months, I've gotten confused about something. Maybe you could help clear it up for me. How do you really feel about Chris Long's head coaching ability?

Come by the BB&B tailgate tent before the Ms. State game. Looking forward to meeting you. You'll have a great time.
    I'm glad I'm being vague about my true feelings of CL's coaching ability!! I'd promised to "behave" myself a little better ever since T-Spoon came onboard so it's working, right?? :icon_wink:

I'm certainly planning on attending the MSU game. Haven't checked my work schedule but I do have some vacation available.

Gene

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

What is is and what isn't isn't. The fans have a job to do this season, as do the recruits. My hopes are always high. The worst that can happen is that I am disappointed. The best than can happen is that we fulfill my hopes. I don't have to predict bad things to make myself feel better that I was right, if things don't get better. I have enough self confidence to hope for the best and expect that to happen. It is hurtful when it doesn't, but I have the ability to get right back up. As a fan, I am a fan.

Champ philgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    What is is and what isn't isn't. The fans have a job to do this season, as do the recruits. My hopes are always high. The worst that can happen is that I am disappointed. The best than can happen is that we fulfill my hopes. I don't have to predict bad things to make myself feel better that I was right, if things don't get better. I have enough self confidence to hope for the best and expect that to happen. It is hurtful when it doesn't, but I have the ability to get right back up. As a fan, I am a fan.
    Very well said Champ,
    Any body have any clue as to what the out of conference schedule is going to look like?

+ Reply to Thread