+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Happening XXVII

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Re: The Happening XXVII

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752 View Post
    Is that all? Will be interesting to see if we have start selling beer either this year or sometime soon. That was my first guess at least.
    No beer.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgmatic View Post
    No beer.
    correct . . .not on an on-campus facility.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Does anyone find it ironic that (I want to say) Anheuser Busch is a title sponsor for Tech Baseball?

There are rules and regulations but if we think it is a big enough money maker they will find a loophole. Just like the state could pay for a new 100K seat stadium if we simply said it was for intermurals (or atleast do like LSU did and put up dorms there that would eventually become stands.

That said Dooley never gave his opinion in class on if beer was right for Tech. He did point out though it is the #1 money maker sold in the stadium.

Varsity Bulldog rustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her game

Not necessarily a factor. Several on-campus football facilities sell beer. Nevada, for one. Also Louisville. Tech could do it if the state of Louisiana and the 16th floor voted to allow it.

Edit: Arizona State and San Jose State, as well. Fresno did until about 2 years ago.

Edit again: Add to that list of on-campus beer sales: Tulsa, Cincinnati, Kent State.

Schools that play their home games off-campus that sell beer at games: Miami, Minnesota, Connecticut, Pittsburgh, South Florida, Syracuse, UNLV, San Diego State, FAU, Hawaii, Temple, Tulane.
    Last edited by rustondawg5198; 07-29-2008 at 11:54 PM.

Big Dog TechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her game TechSupporter11's Avatar

Anything else worth mentioning from the event?

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752 View Post
    Does anyone find it ironic that (I want to say) Anheuser Busch is a title sponsor for Tech Baseball?

There are rules and regulations but if we think it is a big enough money maker they will find a loophole. Just like the state could pay for a new 100K seat stadium if we simply said it was for intermurals (or atleast do like LSU did and put up dorms there that would eventually become stands.

That said Dooley never gave his opinion in class on if beer was right for Tech. He did point out though it is the #1 money maker sold in the stadium.
    I take it you want beer? I wish they'd sell Bloody Mary's too.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgmatic View Post
    I take it you want beer? I wish they'd sell Bloody Mary's too.
    Personally I am not a big drinker. Not near enough to acquire the taste for beer. But from a business stand point it could be quite a bit more money each game we would make assuming it doesn't turn off the more conservative Ruston crowd.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rustondawg5198 View Post
    Not necessarily a factor. Several on-campus football facilities sell beer. Nevada, for one. Also Louisville. Tech could do it if the state of Louisiana and the 16th floor voted to allow it.

Edit: Arizona State and San Jose State, as well. Fresno did until about 2 years ago.

Edit again: Add to that list of on-campus beer sales: Tulsa, Cincinnati, Kent State.

Schools that play their home games off-campus that sell beer at games: Miami, Minnesota, Connecticut, Pittsburgh, South Florida, Syracuse, UNLV, San Diego State, FAU, Hawaii, Temple, Tulane.

Superdome, I-Bowl only locations in Louisiana where college football is played and brewskies sold. .. and they're not on-campus in LOUISIANA. Sorry I wasn't specific enough for u. I can't speak for other states.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

ULL sold beer at the Belch Baseball tourney one year.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TECH88 View Post
    ULL sold beer at the Belch Baseball tourney one year.
    Is the Cajun Dome actually on campus?

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Superdome, I-Bowl only locations in Louisiana where college football is played and brewskies sold. .. and they're not on-campus in LOUISIANA. Sorry I wasn't specific enough for u. I can't speak for other states.

Beer is sold in the TAF-owned suites at tigah stadium. There is a loophole that we could use as well.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    Is the Cajun Dome actually on campus?
    Nope. In fact, I think that neither the Cajudome or the baseball field are owned by the University. They partner with the city of Lafayette if I'm not mistaken which is why they are able to sell alcohol. Quite frankly, I think even if the venue is school property, you can still sell alcohol provided other requirements are met. I think RC posted the bylaw at one time.

However, I will say that selling alcohol at our games is the last thing we need to worry about now. Let's win first to get the people there to buy the alcohol. Besides, with all the hardlegs on this board, I don't want dawgmatic to have to worry about making it back to the tailgate without being accosted by some of you pervs.

Big Dog Tech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really nice

Someone who was there summarize what Dooley's comments. Did he make any announcements about facilities? I know about Learfield, just wondering about anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    Nope. In fact, I think that neither the Cajudome or the baseball field are owned by the University. They partner with the city of Lafayette if I'm not mistaken which is why they are able to sell alcohol. Quite frankly, I think even if the venue is school property, you can still sell alcohol provided other requirements are met. I think RC posted the bylaw at one time.

However, I will say that selling alcohol at our games is the last thing we need to worry about now. Let's win first to get the people there to buy the alcohol. Besides, with all the hardlegs on this board, I don't want dawgmatic to have to worry about making it back to the tailgate without being accosted by some of you pervs.
    That happens without alcohol being sold.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by bluedog View Post
    ...wondered the same thing. It was mentioned but only briefly and with a vague reference.
    Sports Cafe is out - Aramark is in...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

+ Reply to Thread