+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: The Happening XXVII

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Re: The Happening XXVII

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Is the Lady Techster basketball program OFFICIALLY DEAD?

Based on the crowd response at various points - I would say that it is....

Thoughts -
    HECK NO!!! I know that it's only been a few months since the end of the season, but that final stretch was quite amazing.

Being able to beat 3 top 25 teams in 4 games and then taking out Auburn.... that's pretty freakin cool.

As long as we get a catcher to handle the pitchers, then they should be even better since they return everyone else.

Don't sleep on the Lady TECHsters.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAY View Post
    he said something about a group of 100 big donors.
    I heard that Bryan Beck was the big one in that group.

Bulldog BigDawgBacker has turned a few heads around hereBigDawgBacker has turned a few heads around hereBigDawgBacker has turned a few heads around hereBigDawgBacker has turned a few heads around hereBigDawgBacker has turned a few heads around here BigDawgBacker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    The only part that I really was disagreeing with you on was the fact that the BCS doesn't affect our chances in MBB. It does, and I'm not talking about money. I'm talking about perception. That was my point about the BCS conferences putting more teams in the tourney. The deck is still stacked against us due to the fact that there is a misperception of ability just because a school isn't from one of the "major" conferences. I think there are more "midmajor" schools that are worthy of getting bids to the tourney than many of the "major" conferences, but they don't, and the ones that do generally end up with poor seeding.
    The problem I see in getting noticed for all the programs except maybe football, where the BCS has the bowl picture distorted, is breaking the momentum. This affects the rankings as well as the recruiting efforts of our coaches.

When the votes are cast for the top teams in the nation for any sport there is inertia to look first and most often, to the major conferences to select the best because those conferences have always produced the best teams. This makes it difficult for team(s) from the “lesser” conferences to get noticed. It takes a special effort by a special team to get the notice they deserve and usually the effort must be made over multiple seasons.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    There were no other big announcements, but as the details of the Learfield agreement come out, I think Tech fans will be amazed at how good this thing is going to be.
    You were so wrong for posting this 5 years ago.

+ Reply to Thread