+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Happening XXVII

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Re: The Happening XXVII

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    I did go to the Bossier TnT event and thoroughly enjoyed myself, visiting with friends I hadn't seen in decades!
    tm
    Poor people. Just when they were getting settled again now they have to up and relocate.

Puppy Ruston8768 has turned a few heads around hereRuston8768 has turned a few heads around hereRuston8768 has turned a few heads around here

Wink Re: The Happening XXVII

Quote Originally Posted by roughedge View Post
    There's no facility in Ruston big enough and it can't be on campus because alcohol is available. The last few years the event's been packed.
    This event was started by several stalwart Tech fans in Monroe some years ago. (One of those pioneers, decrepit though he might be, damn near got in a bar room fight a few weeks ago over the Dooley comments. Thought his wheel chair was going to careen through the purple and gold wearing ULM fan crowd of three. A real U Tube moment.)

The Happening in Monroe had nothing to do with Ruston, other than Monroe is a great town and there is a ton of Tech Alumni there. There is even a car with a Tech license plate parked in front of City Hall every day in a reserved space. There are No, nada, NONE, ULM plates in the City Hall complex. Monroe is a great town, easier to navigate than S'port and actually more progressive. What other Mayor would actually get money for a port in West Monroe because it is the RIGHT thing to do and will help both West Monroe and Monroe? Ya think Norris would do that? As soon as LSU Health Sciences absorbs what is left of ULM, expect Tech to actively court the NELA area.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Is there an echo in here? . . . echo in here?

Nonetheless, welcome to the board!
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ruston8768 View Post
    This event was started by several stalwart Tech fans in Monroe some years ago. (One of those pioneers, decrepit though he might be, damn near got in a bar room fight a few weeks ago over the Dooley comments. Thought his wheel chair was going to careen through the purple and gold wearing ULM fan crowd of three. A real U Tube moment.)

The Happening in Monroe had nothing to do with Ruston, other than Monroe is a great town and there is a ton of Tech Alumni there. There is even a car with a Tech license plate parked in front of City Hall every day in a reserved space. There are No, nada, NONE, ULM plates in the City Hall complex. Monroe is a great town, easier to navigate than S'port and actually more progressive. What other Mayor would actually get money for a port in West Monroe because it is the RIGHT thing to do and will help both West Monroe and Monroe? Ya think Norris would do that? As soon as LSU Health Sciences absorbs what is left of ULM, expect Tech to actively court the NELA area.
    Thank you. Very interesting story and information. Welcome to BBB!

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Gah, I'm foiled. I'm working in Monroe that whole month EXCEPT July 28 and 29 I'll be in tigertown.

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Monroe is a great town, easier to navigate than S'port and actually more progressive.
    Easier to navigate? Do street signs give you guys a hard time or something? Does the whole North, South, East, West thing confuse you?

Yeah, well your city STINKS!
    So much for not being a competition!

Just playing! Welcome to the board.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

I detect a hint of political preference in this post.:icon_wink:

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Is there an echo in here? . . . echo in here?
    WHAT? ....What?......what?......what?

HD

Puppy Ruston8768 has turned a few heads around hereRuston8768 has turned a few heads around hereRuston8768 has turned a few heads around here

detect a hint of political preference in this post.:icon_wink:

Actually, not (in this particular post). Encouraging proactive, regional growth. Dave's theory of growth is very local, limited to retail, which generates taxes without serving a population base. Jamie's is much more regional. That is not to say there are no large warts on the mayor of the eastern city. ? Sigh!!!!!!!!! Gimmie a bottle of liquid nitrogen and I'll work on them.

And to the poster who said "stinks", come over one afternoon and Maddawg and I will show you the real Monroe/West Monroe, with an eclectic crowd (Enoch's, Portico's, Bayle's Landing, Antique Alley, the Trolley), working together to make Monroe/West Monroe better.

(Now you know how to spell "eclectic", but since English above the third grade level is not allowed in Shreveport (excluding Bossier), I guess you don't really need that information, do you? Which is not to say that we do not wish S-B the best. We hope you have and event three times as big as the one in Monroe!!! We believe in Monroe that you grow the pie, don't steal the pie from someone else. Get with the program, man!!)

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

(Now you know how to spell "eclectic", but since English above the third grade level is not allowed in Shreveport (excluding Bossier), I guess you don't really need that information, do you? Which is not to say that we do not wish S-B the best. We hope you have and event three times as big as the one in Monroe!!! We believe in Monroe that you grow the pie, don't steal the pie from someone else. Get with the program, man!!)
    Thanks for teaching me how to spell "eclectic". But since I don't go to any A$$ Pounding Parties I fear your effort to teach me something will be in vain. Thanks though!

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

detect a hint of political preference in this post.:icon_wink:

Actually, not (in this particular post). Encouraging proactive, regional growth. Dave's theory of growth is very local, limited to retail, which generates taxes without serving a population base. Jamie's is much more regional. That is not to say there are no large warts on the mayor of the eastern city. ? Sigh!!!!!!!!! Gimmie a bottle of liquid nitrogen and I'll work on them.

And to the poster who said "stinks", come over one afternoon and Maddawg and I will show you the real Monroe/West Monroe, with an eclectic crowd (Enoch's, Portico's, Bayle's Landing, Antique Alley, the Trolley), working together to make Monroe/West Monroe better.

Are you joking? I hope so, because you sound like an eclectic jerk. This is not a contest between Monroe and Shreveport. These events are not meant to be devisive but to galvanize and bring Tech alumni together. You sound pedantic and patronizing and quite rude. Monroe is one of the dirtiest places I've ever seen, and besides that it's the home of the Chickenhawks. Don't you be mean to my friend JAB.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

And to the poster who said "stinks", come over one afternoon anI will show you the real Monroe/West Monroe, with an eclectic crowd (Enoch's, Portico's, Bayle's Landing, Antique Alley, the Trolley), working together to make Monroe/West Monroe better.

Monroe = "Eclectic crowd"

Someone please tell me he's kidding.

HD

Bump! It's tomorrow night! Who's going?

Bulldog bluedog is on top of his/her gamebluedog is on top of his/her gamebluedog is on top of his/her gamebluedog is on top of his/her gamebluedog is on top of his/her gamebluedog is on top of his/her gamebluedog is on top of his/her gamebluedog is on top of his/her gamebluedog is on top of his/her gamebluedog is on top of his/her gamebluedog is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgmatic View Post
    Bump! It's tomorrow night! Who's going?
    Is there a cash bar or open bar? Tie or less casual? Looking forward to it.

Champ louisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the rough

I hope the announce a new practice facility. I was in Lafayette and saw ull's and would not mind something along those lines. It doesn't have to be huge, just something to get those guys out of the heat and have somewhere to go during bad weather.

+ Reply to Thread