+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jindal taking on the lsu power structure?

Hybrid View

Champ 9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough 9701Dawg's Avatar

Jindal taking on the lsu power structure?

It looks like Jindal is positioning a ulm grad to a seat on the lsu board, and the tiggers are crying fowl because they're saying he's not one of them and only lsu alumni can have a governing role over lsu...

http://www.ouachitacitizen.com/news.php?id=2455

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Re: Jindal taking on the lsu power structure?

Quote Originally Posted by 9701Dawg View Post
    It looks like Jindal is positioning a ulm grad to a seat on the lsu board, and the tiggers are crying fowl because they're saying he's not one of them and only lsu alumni can have a governing role over lsu...

http://www.ouachitacitizen.com/news.php?id=2455
    Clearly they do not know much about ULM grads, do they. If anything they should be concerned about his blind devotion to lsu despite the fact that he graduated from another institution. Or maybe they are concerned about ULM grads putting on airs after defeating BAMA by a greater margin than the Tiggers managed to muster.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Oh, and what about all the lsu alumni on the ULS board? A bit of a double standard, don't you think?

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know, but he could do a whole lot worse than James Moore. I have met Mr. Moore on a couple of occasions, but my father started out as a dist. for the Moores back in the mid 60's. Even after his affiliation with Moore Oil ended he continued to buy almost all his product thru them. Sam's description is very applicable and lsuers should not be complaining.

Actually that whole article sounded like a who's who of the old Central Bank in Monroe back when I worked there back in 1990.

Varsity Bulldog bdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud of bdawg's Avatar

Don't forget James sent his daughter to be a Lady Techster before Beverly decided to get a Harvard education.

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

lsu people have serious issues....that article was a waste of my time

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by faninmonroe View Post
    lsu people have serious issues....that article was a waste of my time
    I also went to school with Sammy Hanna. He never impressed me as the brightest apple on the tree and never struck me as serious about anything. His sister Jo Lynn was quite a looker though!

I decided to e-mail Mr. Hanna. Thought I'd share the exchange:

Quote Originally Posted by e-mail exchange with Mr. Hanna
    Mr. Rutland:

I appreciate you taking the time to pass along your comments on my recent column.

I firmly feel any member of the LSU Board of Supervisors should have graduated from LSU. Having said that, I believe any member of the University of Louisiana System board should have graduated from one of the ULS institutions of higher learning.

I do not believe a non-LSU individual could ever truly grasp what LSU is about. Thus, I do not believe a non-ULS individual could ever truly understand what the scope or mission ULS institutions should take or why the schools exist in the first place.

Regards,

Sam A. "Sammy" Hanna, Jr.
    Hanna Newspapers
    (318) 805-8158
    samhannajr@samhannajr.com

Concordia Sentinel
    The Franklin Sun
    The Ouachita Citizen

----- Original Message -----
    To: samhannajr@samhannajr.com
    Sent: Wednesday, July 09, 2008 4:24 PM
    Subject: LSU Board

I read your opinion piece on the appointment to the LSU Board a member who is not an LSU graduate. I wonder, do you share similar concerns over the appointment of non-ULS graduates to the ULS Board of Supervisors? Only a few of these board members are graduates of ULS institutions, and a few are even LSU graduates.

Just curious.

Brian Rutland
    1996 Louisiana Tech Graduate
    He stopped short of saying "to keep the ULS in its place," but he seemed to be sniffing at it. Anyway, just thought I'd share.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96 View Post
    I decided to e-mail Mr. Hanna. Thought I'd share the exchange:

He stopped short of saying "to keep the ULS in its place," but he seemed to be sniffing at it. Anyway, just thought I'd share.
    I believe we all grasp very readily what LSU "is all about." Sammy Hanna is a goober.

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

"I do not believe a non-LSU individual could ever truly grasp what LSU is about."

That's one of the sillier statements I've seen a reporter make (and boy is that saying something). The vast majority of college boards have many, if not a majority, of their members from other schools. It helps keep away some of that "incest" that Brian referenced in another thread. The idea that a board would be made up solely of grads of the school strikes me as a black mark, though admitedly a small one, against the school.

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

LSU is so scared their instutionalized power will be taken away. If they truly believe they are the best they don't need the rule of law to make them that way.

Champ DawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond repute DawgFaninHous's Avatar

Quote<I do not believe a non-LSU individual could ever truly grasp what LSU is about. Thus, I do not believe a non-ULS individual could ever truly understand what the scope or mission ULS institutions should take or why the schools exist in the first place.>

What the heck does he mean by that statement?????? While I believe that you do have way too many 4-year ULS schools, there is certainly a place for 2 or 3 of them!!!!! Especially that shining star on a hill in Ruston! (also known as my alma mater!)

Quote Originally Posted by DawgFaninHous View Post
    Quote<I do not believe a non-LSU individual could ever truly grasp what LSU is about. Thus, I do not believe a non-ULS individual could ever truly understand what the scope or mission ULS institutions should take or why the schools exist in the first place.>

What the heck does he mean by that statement?????? While I believe that you do have way too many 4-year ULS schools, there is certainly a place for 2 or 3 of them!!!!! Especially that shining star on a hill in Ruston! (also known as my alma mater!)
    Yeah, I was trying to ignore that part of his comments, but I think it probably sums up the sentiments of a great many lsu-ers, and I think underlies much of the "flagship" mantra.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Before we get too worked up over what this guy says, let's take a second and remember the papers for which he writes. I wouldn't consider him a bastion of intelligence.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

His late dad was a Louisiana newspaper legend.
    Jr.'s not there yet, however.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

+ Reply to Thread