+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Really Happened (Please Read)

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Re: Really Happened (Please Read)

I got the call and couldnt stop laughing. Sorry JFord I would rather have a taped message from Dooley or a football player than somebody who could barely speak english.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luminaire View Post
    Here's an idea (that I'm lifting from UNM out here in northern New Mexico): Season Ticket adds and contact info on the front of every phone book.

This seems like a really good idea. The rurual Lincoln/Webster/Union parish fan base is hard to reach, but EVERYONE recieves a phone book.
    That would be a start, but it appears not everyone has a land-line anymore, especially younger folks.. . . meaning they would not receive a phone book.

IMHO telemarketing from Tech has only been effective for me when an actual student from the College of Liberal Arts made a donation ask via telephone.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Big Dog metrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her game metrydawg's Avatar

With me, dinnertime and telemarketers never mix. Especially when entertaining. If someone was promoting Louisiana Tech,however,I'll let "Abdul "slide and not be so upset about a call during dinner, or any other time that promotes Tech. Caller ID is priceless ,so I usually can ignore some jerk trying to disturb my home with a sales pitch. Go Tech!! Get Caller ID!!!

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

Re: Really Happend(Please Read)

Quote Originally Posted by jford View Post
    If you don't like this, volunteer to make phone calls for them. I am sure they would let you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgbitten View Post
    Give me a list. I would make some calls.
    I offered that and never really got a response. I wouldn't be able to sign up for one of those areas like they requested, but I'll spend an hour a day calling people and asking if they'll join LTAC or sign up for season tickets. Maybe the board should try and get one of those areas and we can divy up the numbers?

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

even if you're willing to let it slide because "at least they're trying," someone should let the athletics department know the quality of callers that are being assigned. i'm sure they're paying a good bit for the service and they should know if they are not getting their money's worth.

what would be wrong with hiring students to do this instead? put some ads in the student union and the post office, and i'm sure you'd get a response from a few students whose first language is english.

BleedTechBlue Barkman is just really niceBarkman is just really niceBarkman is just really niceBarkman is just really niceBarkman is just really niceBarkman is just really niceBarkman is just really niceBarkman is just really nice Barkman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by metrydawg View Post
    With me, dinnertime and telemarketers never mix. Especially when entertaining. If someone was promoting Louisiana Tech,however,I'll let "Abdul "slide and not be so upset about a call during dinner, or any other time that promotes Tech. Caller ID is priceless ,so I usually can ignore some jerk trying to disturb my home with a sales pitch. Go Tech!! Get Caller ID!!!
    I have caller id, It came up as unknown caller, I just decided to answer and I am glad I did. I would like some figures on how many tickets they have sold!!!I also wonder how many people ignore it because of unknown caller, I would be shocked if they had sold 5 season tickets.

Big Dog metrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her game metrydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Barkman2 View Post
    I have caller id, It came up as unknown caller, I just decided to answer and I am glad I did. I would like some figures on how many tickets they have sold!!!I also wonder how many people ignore it because of unknown caller, I would be shocked if they had sold 5 season tickets.
    True...my bad...Your post said you had caller Id, but after all of the posters afterwards, I forgot you mentioned it. It seems that unknown caller, when it appears, is weird and spooky so usually I don't answer them either. I like to see who is calling and unknown caller is like 99 % bogus, but you do, I admit, that 1% call that is for real and a "glad I answered it feeling". What I like to do on calls I don't recognize on caller ID, is to wait till my answering machine activates and listen in. A lot of times, if it is a recorded message eg: political ads, the message won't start until it hears the callee say hello. I'm a season ticket holder and hopefully I'll bump into you at one of the games. Go Bulldogs!!!

Champ littleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the rough

Wait... hold on.... are we really complaining about the school taking charge on ticket sales? Sorry... unacceptable.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbob View Post
    even if you're willing to let it slide because "at least they're trying," someone should let the athletics department know the quality of callers that are being assigned. i'm sure they're paying a good bit for the service and they should know if they are not getting their money's worth.

what would be wrong with hiring students to do this instead? put some ads in the student union and the post office, and i'm sure you'd get a response from a few students whose first language is english.
    bump

BleedTechBlue.com JFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant future

Its a start is all I am saying.

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

Did I miss something? Some guy calls and asks you to buy season tickets and you are mad why? The goal was to sell an additional 1k season tickets through calls and I don't see that being a bad thing.

Varsity Bulldog rustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her game

Costs a heck of a lot less for Abdul to make the calls than to hire actual people from in town.

I think it's a horrible idea to outsource that kind of stuff, but the fact that the budget for Tech athletics is RIDICULOUSLY SMALL for a Division I school, it's not surprising. It might be the only option they had, unless our ONE TICKET OFFICE PERSON wanted to spend hours upon hours on the phone.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

You know, I volunteered to make calls to sell Baseball Season tickets and did. I called 5 pages worth of people. The bad thing was is that the list was for Football season ticket holders and we would end up talking about football. I flat out sucked at selling baseball tickets.

I would be an awesome football ticket seller. Nothing animates me more than Tech football! And I know someone named Amanda is probably a Miss or a Ms. or a Mrs!

BleedTechBlue Barkman is just really niceBarkman is just really niceBarkman is just really niceBarkman is just really niceBarkman is just really niceBarkman is just really niceBarkman is just really niceBarkman is just really nice Barkman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rustondawg5198 View Post
    Costs a heck of a lot less for Abdul to make the calls than to hire actual people from in town.

I think it's a horrible idea to outsource that kind of stuff, but the fact that the budget for Tech athletics is RIDICULOUSLY SMALL for a Division I school, it's not surprising. It might be the only option they had, unless our ONE TICKET OFFICE PERSON wanted to spend hours upon hours on the phone.
    How about interns? Public Relations/ Marketing Majors? I know that when I get a call from a student at Auburn asking me to give money and I ask them how things are on campus etc, I am more likely to give. Students could call from 6:30-8:30 M-F, pay them $10 bucks an hour, work 5 students at a time so $100 Bucks a nite $500 a week run the promotion for a month. 2000 Bucks and the caller id says Louisiana Tech, I will bet you money that would be just as successfull!!!! If we can't find five students to do this we are in trouble. Feed them each nite and give them a shirt, we are out another $300 bucks. How much are we payiing for this outsource job!
    Is it great that our athletic dept is trying something yes! I tried something also, I tols everybody that tailgates with us on a weekly basis they needed season tickets(usually they wait for a free one) they all bought one so 8 more season tickets sold!

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

My calls were from interns at Tech.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

+ Reply to Thread