+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tailgating toys

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Tailgating toys

Started a project this summer of making a "radio ice chest" for tailgating. Bought a cheap JVC headunit w/ aux port for mp3 player, a pair of sony 6x9, a deep cycle battery. I turned my old ice chest to a boombox.

It's freaking loud. I finished the wiring today.
    Next step is to paint a Tech logo.

Champ roughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to behold roughedge's Avatar

Re: Tailgating toys

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Started a project this summer of making a "radio ice chest" for tailgating. Bought a cheap JVC headunit w/ aux port for mp3 player, a pair of sony 6x9, a deep cycle battery. I turned my old ice chest to a boombox.

It's freaking loud. I finished the wiring today.
    Next step is to paint a Tech logo.

very creative!

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by roughedge View Post
    very creative!
    thanks

Also, I have the repaint the endzones for my tailgating rug that I made two seasons ago with the new Tech font and stripes.

Big Dog bulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of light bulldawg03's Avatar

I'm glad I'm with Q...

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Nice work, but now where will you keep the beer?
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Nice work, but now where will you keep the beer?
    not in that one!

Thinking on getting a keg for the first game.

I hope to get or make a jockey box one day. They are really cool.

Add a bulldog handle and paint a tech logo on it, gonna be awesome.

Big Dog metrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her game metrydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    thanks

Also, I have the repaint the endzones for my tailgating rug that I made two seasons ago with the new Tech font and stripes.

Is there any way that some will be for sale, I would be interested. Was that at your tailgating spot last year? I remember seeing one. You did a great job.

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

qng has always been quite the craftsman, looks great man.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

I have a cousin who is working on a design for something similar that would also be water-proof and bouyant that could be used in the pool, tubing (i.e., floating down a river in a tube), etc. Not sure where he got with it. The biggest problem was coming up with a design that sounds good but could survive immersion (based on the assumption that many customers would be intoxicated and therefore bouyancy may not be sufficient).

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96 View Post
    I have a cousin who is working on a design for something similar that would also be water-proof and bouyant that could be used in the pool, tubing (i.e., floating down a river in a tube), etc. Not sure where he got with it. The biggest problem was coming up with a design that sounds good but could survive immersion (based on the assumption that many customers would be intoxicated and therefore bouyancy may not be sufficient).
    lol Brian. Thanks for the detailed explanation on tubing.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luminaire View Post
    lol Brian. Thanks for the detailed explanation on tubing.
    I'm multi-tasking between BB&B and scientific writing for a research project, so I guess the detail part of my brain is in over-drive.

After I typed "tubing" I thought, "You know, where I grew up, tubing was getting pulled behind a boat in a tube. What if somebdy thinks that is the kind of tubing this stereo is designed for." So, realizing I am writing for an international audience here on BB&B, I decided to be as accurate as possible.

Now, I have upped the ante, and explained my explanation. We'll call it "meta-explaining."

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Awesome!

+ Reply to Thread