+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The Dark Knight

Big Dog Red's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the rough Red's Better's Avatar

Re: The Dark Knight

This was a great movie. I am so glad they have gotten away from the cartoonish effects with Clooney and Kilmer. The first two batman movies with Keaton were great and then they went to pot. They are definitely back on track with Batman Begins and Dark Night.

I am also glad they let the Joker take a different role than the original played by Nickelson. They were both great and it keeps it from getting bogged down by comparison. Bail plays a pretty good Batman too.

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

loved it. very dark and violent. really intense.

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

I loved the movie too, but everytime I saw Maggie Gyllenhaal it made me really miss Katie Holmes.

Big Dog Red's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the roughRed's Better is a jewel in the rough Red's Better's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rabiddawg View Post
    I loved the movie too, but everytime I saw Maggie Gyllenhaal it made me really miss Katie Holmes.

Yeah she is not real attractive. There are about a million other women I would have liked to look at for a couple of hours.

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Holy crap...saw it yesterday and it was amazing!!!

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Red's Better View Post
    Yeah she is not real attractive. There are about a million other women I would have liked to look at for a couple of hours.
    No wonder Bruce didn't seem to interested in her this time.

Big Dog TechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her game TechSupporter11's Avatar

Katie may have the better looks...but Maggie was a huge upgrade, acting wise, over her...

Quote Originally Posted by TechSupporter11 View Post
    Katie may have the better looks...but Maggie was a huge upgrade, acting wise, over her...

Who cares about acting.......

Big Dog TechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her game TechSupporter11's Avatar

Well in that case, just go watch "The Gift" if you only care about seeing Katie Holmes :icon_wink:

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Anybody who sat through the torture that was Batman and Robin cares about acting...wow!
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TechSupporter11 View Post
    I must admit that I don't go to a movie such as Batman just to check out the acting performances, but imo Katies ability is more than adequate for this and she is more than attractive enough to be Bruce's squeeze.

I am sorry, but Maggie's acting didn't overcome the thought I had everytime she was on the screen that she was too homely for this part . There are standards for Rachael, just like Cat Woman!!

Quote Originally Posted by rabiddawg View Post
    I must admit that I don't go to a movie such as Batman just to check out the acting performances, but imo Katies ability is more than adequate for this and she is more than attractive enough to be Bruce's squeeze.

I am sorry, but Maggie's acting didn't overcome the thought I had everytime she was on the screen that she was too homely for this part . There are standards for Rachael, just like Cat Woman!!
    I hear ya...but this film relied so much on the ensemble cast, more so than Batman Begins...and I think that's one of the things that made this film so complex, and better...Maggie was an upgrade...I really don't see Katie being able to act out Rachael's last scenes in the movie better than Maggie...

This didn't make or break the film...but it made it that much better...

+ Reply to Thread