+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Dark Knight

Champ randerizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the rough randerizer's Avatar

Re: The Dark Night

Quote Originally Posted by Beaz17 View Post
    Where is the Houston IMAX located?
    It is on I-10 (west side) one exit outside of 610. But you pass it before the exit if coming from the east, so you've got to loop back around.

That is the only movie theatre we go to... All of the others seem to be in the boonies.

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

Re: The Dark Knight

Amazing movie. The best I've seen in a long long time.

Big Dog TechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her game TechSupporter11's Avatar

Easily the best film of the year so far for me...had issues with the story pacing and the overloaded opinions/explanations, but that's just being picky...

An "I'm not worthy" bow for Heath Ledger's performance...I was in awe everytime he was on screen...

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

...rules.

Bale's 'Batman voice' is too much, though. I guess you can chalk it up to the character still learning his role (as this is a year one tale), but, man, it got ridiculous towards the end.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luminaire View Post
    ...rules.

Bale's 'Batman voice' is too much, though. I guess you can chalk it up to the character still learning his role (as this is a year one tale), but, man, it got ridiculous towards the end.

That is my only complaint, the voice is brutal. Overall, phenomenal movie. The moral implications were pretty deep, and Heath was great. One of the few movies that actually lived up to enormous hype.

Big Dog TechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her game TechSupporter11's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg View Post
    That is my only complaint, the voice is brutal. Overall, phenomenal movie. The moral implications were pretty deep, and Heath was great. One of the few movies that actually lived up to enormous hype.
    It's much better IMO than Keaton/Kilmer/Clooney bunch who talk in the same voice as Batman and as Bruce Wayne, and no one ever makes the connection...

A special congrats to the makers of the film for the largest opening weekend ever...

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by THEarmada View Post
    Amazing movie. The best I've seen in a long long time.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WG7kn...eature=related
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    The best of all time. And then the sandlot.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

"and here, we, go...."

Champ 9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough 9701Dawg's Avatar

Champ longdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Luminaire View Post
    ...rules.

Yeah, i found his voice over done. The movie seem disconnected at the end, going into too many directions with the story and a little too long. It still was a good movie but not best of year

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Re: The Dark Night

Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgMc View Post
    You're the 2nd adult I've heard that really like WALL-E. I'm was really surprised the first time. While the animation was well done, I found it both tedious and a downer of a movie.
    not a downer, it was a love story :icon_wink:

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Batman's voice was a little over the top but at least you could tell he was actively trying to disguise it.

Heath's character was well written and well acted.....

The Joker is seriously the best villian ever, whereas he's kind of a joke in past batman stuff.

Administrator AustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to behold AustinDawg's Avatar

It seemed to me that the story focused mostly on Harvey Dent, and that Batman was (almost) a secondary character. That said, I really enjoyed the movie, and thought Heath Ledger was amazing in it (much better than Nicholson, I believe).

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AustinDawg View Post
    It seemed to me that the story focused mostly on Harvey Dent, and that Batman was (almost) a secondary character. That said, I really enjoyed the movie, and thought Heath Ledger was amazing in it (much better than Nicholson, I believe).
    Much more villainous than Nicholson. I liked Jack, but his charisma overcame his evilness. It was interesting because you actually liked the bad guy, but for the wrong reasons. Heath was a very evil and manipulative villain. He was likeable in a way, but only in a very dark way. That is what a good villain is built on IMO. He had some good points, although his means of proving them were terrible. He represented how many modern day terrorists believe (love of money or worldly things is ridiculous, the world elevates some people over others). I thought the moral questons raised were deep for a "comic book" movie, and that is why people are intrigued by it. You have your diehard comic book folks to movie critics all watching this film.

+ Reply to Thread