+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Dark Knight

Administrator AustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to behold AustinDawg's Avatar

Re: The Dark Knight

I really like what they've done with these last two movies. Far and away better than those Shumacker, Kilmer, Clooney crapfests they were doing in the 90's. And I'm glad that at least Christopher Nolan has had the good sense of decency to leave the nipples off the batsuit.

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg View Post
    Much more villainous than Nicholson. I liked Jack, but his charisma overcame his evilness. It was interesting because you actually liked the bad guy, but for the wrong reasons. Heath was a very evil and manipulative villain. He was likeable in a way, but only in a very dark way. That is what a good villain is built on IMO. He had some good points, although his means of proving them were terrible. He represented how many modern day terrorists believe (love of money or worldly things is ridiculous, the world elevates some people over others). I thought the moral questons raised were deep for a "comic book" movie, and that is why people are intrigued by it. You have your diehard comic book folks to movie critics all watching this film.
    Jack played the role more for comedy, so it'd been tough to be as good of a villain.

I think that's a great assessment of what makes the movie rather powerful. Ledger's Joker is scary exactly because he is so random. He cares about nothing, so how can you be a threat to him. Strong correlation to the modern terrorist. The scene with the two ships was very powerful.

I did think it got a tad long and that the Joker knew just a bit too much for someone who was primarily just a psychopath, but thought it was a very good movie.

Champ 9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough 9701Dawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgMc View Post
    Jack played the role more for comedy, so it'd been tough to be as good of a villain.

I think that's a great assessment of what makes the movie rather powerful. Ledger's Joker is scary exactly because he is so random. He cares about nothing, so how can you be a threat to him. Strong correlation to the modern terrorist. The scene with the two ships was very powerful.

I did think it got a tad long and that the Joker knew just a bit too much for someone who was primarily just a psychopath, but thought it was a very good movie.
    Sounds like a nihilist.

Administrator AustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to behold AustinDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 9701Dawg View Post
    Sounds like a nihilist.
    Must be exhausting.

Champ 9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough 9701Dawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AustinDawg View Post
    Must be exhausting.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgMc View Post

Agreed. I remember Jack saying that the darkness of the Joker role was depressing (referencing Heath's death). I thought that Jack's Joker wasnt even meant to be depressing. He was crazy but at the same time, he was very comical. Heath's joker was crazy, had a wry sense of humor at times, but much more psychotic.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Yeah, I liked it, but I may still like the older Keaton/Jack one better. It was just trying to do something else. Good movie.

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Horndawgs View Post
    Batman's voice was a little over the top but at least you could tell he was actively trying to disguise it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1zgqjTWN24

Big Dog TechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her game TechSupporter11's Avatar

Saw it for the second time...bravo again to the filmmakers...hope the DVD is loaded with bonus features...

Champ BulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the rough

I saw it on Saturday...good movie.

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Beating myself up because I havent had time to see it yet, have heard nothing but good things. Loved Batman begins, I think this new version of Batman is trying to gear towards an older teen/adult audience and the Keaton/Kilmer/Clooney Batman was more towards the comics. These versions are much, much better imo!

Big Dog TechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her game TechSupporter11's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrew View Post
    Beating myself up because I havent had time to see it yet, have heard nothing but good things. Loved Batman begins, I think this new version of Batman is trying to gear towards an older teen/adult audience and the Keaton/Kilmer/Clooney Batman was more towards the comics. These versions are much, much better imo!
    This one definitely lives up to the hype...and don't worry, I'm sure it's not leaving theaters any time soon...

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DogtorEvil View Post
    hah

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Saw Dark Knight this weekend, it was awesome. Loved the joker and liked how they introduced Two Face.

Christopher Nolan > Tim Burton

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrew View Post
    I think this new version of Batman is trying to gear towards an older teen/adult audience and the Keaton/Kilmer/Clooney Batman was more towards the comics. These versions are much, much better imo!
    I think these last two versions were TRUER to the original comic books than the 80s/90s movies where - which to me was a little more than an "modernized" version of the campy tv show....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

+ Reply to Thread