+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Music Downloads?

Champ longdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the rough

Re: Music Downloads?

I have used Rhapsody before, it seemed to have a fairly good selection.

A little off topic. Just out of curiousity, Guisslap, Do you how many people have been sued for illegal file sharing?

I think the music and film industry have gone to the extreme where they infringe on the rights of the consumer that has purchased their product. I recently bought a CD, but I could not share it with my other computers on my network because of some copyright issue. I bought the right to listen to the music but can't, That's why people are pissed off and don't buy CD's or pay to download music. You think someone is going to continue to pay for music or media that I can't even listen to through other computers or devices.

BTW, Canada has passed a law where Canadians can not be sued.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by longdawgview View Post
    I have used Rhapsody before, it seemed to have a fairly good selection.

A little off topic. Just out of curiousity, Guisslap, Do you how many people have been sued for illegal file sharing?

I think the music and film industry have gone to the extreme where they infringe on the rights of the consumer that has purchased their product. I recently bought a CD, but I could not share it with my other computers on my network because of some copyright issue. I bought the right to listen to the music but can't, That's why people are pissed off and don't buy CD's or pay to download music. You think someone is going to continue to pay for music or media that I can't even listen to through other computers or devices.

BTW, Canada has passed a law where Canadians can not be sued.

No idea exactly how many people they have gone after. Most of the people that get hit probably will never pay off the judgments, which leads me to believe they are doing it to send a message and not for a short term economic payoff.

Yeah, when you buy a CD or download music you are basically buying a "good" and getting a license to use it in CERTAIN approved ways.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Yeah, when you buy a CD or download music you are basically buying a "good" and getting a license to use it in CERTAIN approved ways.
    Maybe they could resolve the controversy about controlling guns by having Microsoft's legal department write an EULA for guns.

Champ longdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the rough

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RIAA_ef...t_file-sharing

Interesting, it looks like 20000 filesharers have been sued with 2500 cases settled.

It looks like the tables have turn against the RIAA and MPAA, and consumers are standing up for their rights. Their suits are frivilous, $9,250/song

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by longdawgview View Post

It looks like the tables have turn against the RIAA and MPAA, and consumers are standing up for their rights. Their suits are frivilous, $9,250/song
    The Copyright Act provides up to $150,000 statutory damages for willful infringement of one Copyrighted work. Thus, I don't see what is frivolous about these lawsuits, unless they are waged against people who did not illegally DL.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

$9,250 per song is a ridiculous amount just like these excessive punitive damages you hear about. Plus they have violated laws in the process of gathering their evidence.

+ Reply to Thread