+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA 09 online dynasty (XBOX 360)

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Re: NCAA 09 online dynasty (XBOX 360)

Any reviews yet?

Here are my questions...

1. Are there FCS teams on NCAA 2009 for the 360?
    2. Is there a "create a school" mode?
    3. How editable are the current rosters? Can classification be adjusted?
    4. How many open Roster spots does Tech have?
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Big Dog jlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the rough jlam's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mjl006 View Post
    This year, NCAA, and the first Madden for PS2, because it was the first to step into the realistic version that they have today. They others were all fun, but from a look standpoint, that Madden brought it 10 years ahead.
    The funny thing about the iteration of Madden you reference is that it arguably wasn't even the best football game out at the time. Sega's Dreamcast was still kicking and the NFL2K series was competing tooth and nail with Madden, each forcing the other to up their game.

So EA won the war the good 'ole fashioned American way and ..... well, bought out the competition.

Big Dog mjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by jlam View Post
    The funny thing about the iteration of Madden you reference is that it arguably wasn't even the best football game out at the time. Sega's Dreamcast was still kicking and the NFL2K series was competing tooth and nail with Madden, each forcing the other to up their game.

So EA won the war the good 'ole fashioned American way and ..... well, bought out the competition.
    I agree with you 100%. I just meant from a 'looking' perspective. Gameplay was terrible. NFL2K was amazing to play. But when you looked at that Madden for the first time, it was the first time it looked real.

Champ buck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by mjl006 View Post
    I agree with you 100%. I just meant from a 'looking' perspective. Gameplay was terrible. NFL2K was amazing to play. But when you looked at that Madden for the first time, it was the first time it looked real.
    No old school love from you guys i see... I will agree if it was not for nfl2k and lets not forget the Gameday series on PS madden would not have stepped up it's game on the next gen system... I could not stand to play madden on PS...

Administrator AustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to behold AustinDawg's Avatar

Going way back, I haven't enjoyed any video football game as much since the '94 Madden on Sega. I think that was the first time All-Time teams was available, which was unheard of then (81 Niners or 86 Bears vs. 79 Steelers or 67 Packers). None of them hold a candle, however, to Tecmobowl on the original NES for being just plain ole fun-to-play (Mark Duper, anyone?).

Champ zharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant future zharkins's Avatar

Agreed...nothing beats Tecmo Bowl....

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

I'll always have a soft spot for the original (no-year) Madden on SNES.

Champ louisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the rough

They put the stripe, ha!

Big Dog mjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by louisiana_dog View Post
    They put the stripe, ha!
    Sweet! My game has been sitting on my desk at work mocking me all day. I will soon take it home and begin my NCAA world domination.

Varsity Bulldog techdrummer has turned a few heads around heretechdrummer has turned a few heads around heretechdrummer has turned a few heads around heretechdrummer has turned a few heads around here

Quote Originally Posted by buck_dawg_gold View Post
    With all the gamer talk I wanted to get some feedback on a question that has been on my mind for a while. what Madden and NCAA do you feel are the best?

My vote:

Madden 94 Sega Genisis
    NCAA 97 Play Station
    I have a tie.

The first time NCAA came out for original Xbox. NCAA 2003 was a very good game and the graphics took a major leap forward.

NCAA 2006 was also a great game that perfected some features added in previous years and introduced impact players. It was also a very balanced game, not being too hard or easy.

Puppy Riverbend is an unknown

Riverbend....jn8....Clemson

BleedTechBlue.com JFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by zharkins View Post
    And your gamertag is???
    FORD TUFF ltu

Champ buck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by zharkins View Post
    Who wants to start up an online dynasty of only BB&B members? I will do the commissioner bit if you want to join in. We can have 12 teams, so that leaves 11 after me. I will pick a team after everyone else... It would be nice to kick this off this weekend and maybe play 2 games per week. I plan on using DT Linder's rosters at earosters.com, and if we need to adjust some names that is fine, but I think we should stick with the game's ratings. So if you want to play and are getting the game in the next couple of days...post what team you want and your gamertag so I can get this setup.

My gamertag is Jeff Huson

So far...

BB&B Name....Gamertag....Team

1. zharkins.............Jeff Huson.......Air Force
    2. mjl006...............mattlange26... Georgia
    3. jford..................???????????.....Tennessee
    4. AustinDawg............brb74...........Texas
    5. buck_dawg_gold...??????????.......Cal
    6. jlam...................Saintjustino.....Tech
    7. Riverbend...............jn8.............Clemson
    My gamertag is SOIBI I still want Cal

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by buck_dawg_gold View Post
    With all the gamer talk I wanted to get some feedback on a question that has been on my mind for a while. what Madden and NCAA do you feel are the best?

My vote:

Madden 94 Sega Genisis
    NCAA 97 Play Station
    Madden - don't care. Probably 96 or something.

NCAA - 07 (Bush cover) or 05 (Fitzgerald cover)

Champ zharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant future zharkins's Avatar

Here are my questions...

1. Are there FCS teams on NCAA 2009 for the 360?
    No

2. Is there a "create a school" mode?
    No

3. How editable are the current rosters? Can classification be adjusted?
    Everything is editable, including classification.

4. How many open Roster spots does Tech have?
    I don't know, but they have a bazillion players including 5 QBs.

+ Reply to Thread