+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My Part for Tech in BCS Bowl

DustyDog

My Part for Tech in BCS Bowl

Guys, just thought I would let ya'll know that I am doing what I can to get Tech in a BCS bowl this year. The reason for this is that I just moved to Lubbock, Texas and can't make any home games for the first time in many years. This probably means that the Dogs will be awesome, and I will miss the greatest season since the '70s. But hey, if that's what it takes...

By the way, this is not my first post. I used to be DelhiDog, but that obviously is no longer true. If you are wondering why I am now DustyDog, you have apparently never been to West Texas

My best to all...

Go Dogs!

Big Dog Lone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of light Lone Star Dawg's Avatar

Re: My Part for Tech in BCS Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by DustyDog View Post
    Guys, just thought I would let ya'll know that I am doing what I can to get Tech in a BCS bowl this year. The reason for this is that I just moved to Lubbock, Texas and can't make any home games for the first time in many years. This probably means that the Dogs will be awesome, and I will miss the greatest season since the '70s. But hey, if that's what it takes...

By the way, this is not my first post. I used to be DelhiDog, but that obviously is no longer true. If you are wondering why I am now DustyDog, you have apparently never been to West Texas

My best to all...

Go Dogs!
    My condolences.:bigcry:

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

My best to all...

Go Dogs!
    I have an uncle out there and have been trying to get out there to visit. Haven't found the time though. Get used to having to specify louisiana tech. They get confused when you just call it Tech. Apparently there is some other school in lubbock that calls themselves Tech. The nerve!

Champ DQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to behold

My best to all...

Go Dogs!
    The Commies never were a threat to take over the world. They wouldn't have West Texas!!

Champ DFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really nice DFWDawg's Avatar

My best to all...

Go Dogs!
    If you save up you can fly. My wife travels to Lubbock on business frequently so you could get an American Airlines flight with one stop in Dallas to Monroe. We actually fly back for each game from Dallas and rent a car at Monroe airport. I have family in Monroe and drop by and see them and then off to the game.

My sales pitch is that you may miss the first ever sell out of Joe Aillet Stadium. Even if you just make one game this would be the one because it is likely to be a historical event.

Worst case you could see it on ESPN but nothing like being there and especially if we win.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

My best to all...

Go Dogs!
    Marcus?

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

I've hitch-hiked from Lubbock back to green country a few times and those dust storms are tough. But it can be done!

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aubunique View Post
    I've hitch-hiked from Lubbock back to green country a few times and those dust storms are tough. But it can be done!
    Welcome back, Rip Van Aubunique ! ! !

Wondered where you'd been and what you had been doing.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Marcus?
    Yep, that would be him. I had no idea he had moved.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Yep, that would be him. I had no idea he had moved.
    Yeah, I knew he and his family had moved. I just didn't know he was Delhidog. We grew up together and graduated from Cedar Creek together. Best friends all the way through.

His wife is from Lubbock and her parents are still out there. In fact, I moved to Lubbock to go to Texas Tech for a short time while they were there. Got to know her family (who are some of the finest people you will ever meet). As for Marcus's mom, she was like a second Mom to me when I was young. Haven't seen her in a few months, though. Need to visit. She is still in Arcadia.

+ Reply to Thread