+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Please No Standing

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Re: Please No Standing

I have lost count of the number of TECH fans that have asked me to sit down at a game (both home and away).
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Puppy Reggy2000 has turned a few heads around hereReggy2000 has turned a few heads around hereReggy2000 has turned a few heads around here

Yea man, i was a basketball game and me and a friend was sitting on the second row from courtside. Then some guys came and sat in front of us, needless to say they stood up so the 3 to 4 rowa behind them had to get up and move. That really pissed me off.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

That's a policy that's going to make fans angry (we know that from experience). It is absurd to ask emotional fans to sit quietly during a game, especially a big game.

What the Cheifs should do is have different sections for people who prefer to sit the whole game, or those who are physically unable to stand. Then let the rowdies have their own section as well.

Tech should do the same. Just my opinion.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reggy2000 View Post
    Yea man, i was a basketball game and me and a friend was sitting on the second row from courtside. Then some guys came and sat in front of us, needless to say they stood up so the 3 to 4 rowa behind them had to get up and move. That really pissed me off.
    If people can't see they can stand up too. Seats are only there for old people and graduation.

Varsity Bulldog CorinthEagle is on top of his/her gameCorinthEagle is on top of his/her gameCorinthEagle is on top of his/her gameCorinthEagle is on top of his/her gameCorinthEagle is on top of his/her gameCorinthEagle is on top of his/her gameCorinthEagle is on top of his/her gameCorinthEagle is on top of his/her gameCorinthEagle is on top of his/her gameCorinthEagle is on top of his/her gameCorinthEagle is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752 View Post
    If people can't see they can stand up too. Seats are only there for old people and graduation.

So what do you do if you have "old" people in the seats behind you?

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CorinthEagle View Post
    There are nicer seats that aren't courtside. Also rarely is there an old person in the student section. I think Doc holds the record for oldest and he stands.

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reggy2000 View Post
    Were you in the student section area?

Quote Originally Posted by CorinthEagle View Post
    I am totally sympathetic to older fans coming to games. However, I am also supportive of people who enjoy being enthusiastic. There are places for both. If a fan is standing the entire game in the old people areas, he should be asked to move. If an older fan is upset because students are standing in front of him in the student section, he should be asked to move too.

I always made it a point to be in the same place every game that way people would know. I still had people complain, but at least this way I can have a clear conscience.

Champ tigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant future tigtoo30's Avatar

Since my mom, well .... is older than I am (she reads this board too), we always select seats that she doesn't have to climb or decend too many stairs. That said, she will stand up if needed. There should be sections for both, but it's neither here nor there for me. What I can't stand are the people that try to shush me for yelling to loud!

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable Gorilla View Post
    Were you in the student section area?

I am totally sympathetic to older fans coming to games. However, I am also supportive of people who enjoy being enthusiastic. There are places for both. If a fan is standing the entire game in the old people areas, he should be asked to move. If an older fan is upset because students are standing in front of him in the student section, he should be asked to move too.

I always made it a point to be in the same place every game that way people would know. I still had people complain, but at least this way I can have a clear conscience.

Dad is 72 and stands every game, he also still works everyday but that's beside the point.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Some of us just care more.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GonzoDawg View Post
    Dad is 72 and stands every game, he also still works everyday but that's beside the point.
    Then your dad is the man. I hope at 72 I'm still giving'em heck!

Champ littleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the rough

The entire student side should be considered standing-only with the exception of the upper deck which could be standing optional (no whining allowed) and the lower deck on the west side near the 50 should be standing only (no whining allowed) the remaining lower deck should be standing optional (whining allowed) and the areas near the press box are seating only, with the option of standing during intense moments.

next issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable Gorilla View Post
    Then your dad is the man. I hope at 72 I'm still giving'em heck!
    Tech grad for 59 (I wear his graduation ring), he's the one with the long grey beard in the pound each year. Die hard Tech fan for life. He's gives em a little more than heck.

By the way, anyone ever been to an aTm game? Do you ever see anyone sit there?

+ Reply to Thread