+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Long Completes Coaching Staff - latechsports.com

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Techsters' Long completes staff - Shreveport Times

A new article has been posted on the Shreveport Times:

RUSTON ? Louisiana Tech head coach Chris Long announced Thursday that he has hired former South Alabama standout Sara Carter as his third assistant while promoting former Georgia standout Ebony Felder to director of basketball operations.

More...

Discuss the article here.

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Long Completes Coaching Staff - latechsports.com

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

Louisiana Tech head coach Chris Long announced Thursday that he has hired former South Alabama standout Sara Carter as his third assistant while promoting former Georgia standout Ebony Felder to director of basketball operations.

More...

Discuss it here.

Champ LT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the rough

Re: Long Completes Coaching Staff - latechsports.com

Was this quote from CL meant to compare this year's staff with last year's?

“The prospect of being surrounded by a committed, honest, and supportive coaching staff, as well as a great group of players, further heightens my anticipation of this upcoming season. I thoroughly look forward to my continued role within the program.”

I wonder what the coach is anticipating.

Champ philgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by LT View Post
    Was this quote from CL meant to compare this year's staff with last year's?

“The prospect of being surrounded by a committed, honest, and supportive coaching staff, as well as a great group of players, further heightens my anticipation of this upcoming season. I thoroughly look forward to my continued role within the program.”

I wonder what the coach is anticipating.
    That comment was not from Chris Long, that was from Ebony, have a feeling we had no clue of alot of things that happened.

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Maybe his 2nd time of hiring HIS staff will get more W's.

I never understand how in sports, the head coach who hires the assistants, will have a bad year, or several bad years, then he gets to stay as the head coach and fires everyone else who HE hired. Long kinda reminds me of Bicknell inhis excuse making
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    Maybe his 2nd time of hiring HIS staff will get more W's.

I never understand how in sports, the head coach who hires the assistants, will have a bad year, or several bad years, then he gets to stay as the head coach and fires everyone else who HE hired. Long kinda reminds me of Bicknell inhis excuse making
    I, actually, agree with you on that happening quite often in sports. I believe it is due to pressure from the A.D. (and in our case, possibly the President) to make some changes to salvage your job and make them NOW.

To be fair, though, Joni didn't want to leave. She got a sweet deal at Alabama (her home) and will move into that HC position soon. Her chances were better at making HC there than here. Scott was let go. Brooke left due to Scott being let go. So, actually, Long did not fire but one assistant, if I have my facts correct.

Anyway, that was yesterday and we will find out what tomorrow holds. I hope all the right moves were made to get the Techsters back on track. I am tired of looking back. My Lady Techster anniversary print still hangs backwards on my wall. I hope after a few games next year, I can turn it around again.

Champ LT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by philgarris View Post
    That comment was not from Chris Long, that was from Ebony, have a feeling we had no clue of alot of things that happened.
    I see now. thanks.

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

What matters is how it comes together this season. The use of the word "honest" by Ebony could be seen as a slap in the face to former members of last season's coaching staff, so it wasn't the best use of words.

That said, the only persons who "know" that Joni didn't want to leave, are those closest to Joni.

Long's staff and team failed last season. And the season prior. Thankfully, Malone and others stepped up to get Spoon on board, helping Long secure another chance to right the ship.

Everything about the coming season sounds promising, except no post player. The new recruits sound impressive, the growth from last season sounds impressive, the staff sounds impressive.

Two years ago, it all sounded impressive. Last season, same story.

Let's see if this year, the "sound" of things will translate to the reality of things.

With Spoon on board, there is a chance. Without her, it would have been just another long and painful season.

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by fanfromafar View Post
    What matters is how it comes together this season. The use of the word "honest" by Ebony could be seen as a slap in the face to former members of last season's coaching staff, so it wasn't the best use of words.

That said, the only persons who "know" that Joni didn't want to leave, are those closest to Joni.

Long's staff and team failed last season. And the season prior. Thankfully, Malone and others stepped up to get Spoon on board, helping Long secure another chance to right the ship.

Everything about the coming season sounds promising, except no post player. The new recruits sound impressive, the growth from last season sounds impressive, the staff sounds impressive.

Two years ago, it all sounded impressive. Last season, same story.

Let's see if this year, the "sound" of things will translate to the reality of things.

With Spoon on board, there is a chance. Without her, it would have been just another long and painful season.
    So true Fan...,
    Last year I had such high hopes for the season!

Again, I am looking forward to a great season!

This new staff and the addition of some great recruits should prove to make for some substantial improvements.

Let’s hope it’s not Deja vu again!
    (Pardon my French!)

+ Reply to Thread