+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Texas Alumni

Champ dchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to all dchi72's Avatar

Re: Texas Alumni

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96 View Post
    Think you could get the Wylys to spring for it?
    If someone can get the deposit together, we will get 2 sets for our cars.

Big Dog Lone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of light Lone Star Dawg's Avatar

I would get two if they become available.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

The Wyly's would be the easiest way to go. Anybody know them enough to give them a shout??

Varsity Bulldog brody191 is on top of his/her gamebrody191 is on top of his/her gamebrody191 is on top of his/her gamebrody191 is on top of his/her gamebrody191 is on top of his/her gamebrody191 is on top of his/her gamebrody191 is on top of his/her gamebrody191 is on top of his/her gamebrody191 is on top of his/her gamebrody191 is on top of his/her gamebrody191 is on top of his/her game

i know of at least three of us in San Antonio, and i also know of a couple in Austin

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

This San Antonio Dawg would love to have one!
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

Football Re: Texas Alumni

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I would be interested, if it were affordable. Would love to have a Tech license plate. I am not a true alumni, though. Had to finish my bachelor's and masters at another school due to my major. I am, will always be, and always was all Tech through and through, though.
    I want one, are they mainly for alums? I was going to buy one sometime soon actually. (But I live in Louisiana)

Varsity Bulldog rtr002 is on top of his/her gamertr002 is on top of his/her gamertr002 is on top of his/her gamertr002 is on top of his/her gamertr002 is on top of his/her gamertr002 is on top of his/her gamertr002 is on top of his/her gamertr002 is on top of his/her gamertr002 is on top of his/her gamertr002 is on top of his/her gamertr002 is on top of his/her game rtr002's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbob View Post
    alumnus: [uh-luhm-nuhs] (n) a graduate or former student of a specific specific school, college, or university.
    Thanks for ruining my day Arkansasbob, that technically makes me a alumnus of the JUCO at Monroe. :bigcry:
    But I don't claim it. My wife and I graduated from Tech and that's the bottom line. Heck my wife got her second degree from the JUCO b/c of the bachelors of Nursing. I sure wish Tech would have a bachelors program for Nursing.
    How bout them Dawgs!

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rtr002 View Post
    Thanks for ruining my day Arkansasbob, that technically makes me a alumnus of the JUCO at Monroe. :bigcry:
    Try not to think about it.

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

Since this Dawg is moving to San Antonio, we need to think about how to set this license plate deal up. Has anyone worked toward it since we last talked about it on here? $8k shouldn't be too hard to come up with amongst all us Texas Dawgs. Whaddaya think?

Champ DellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond repute DellDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I would be interested, if it were affordable. Would love to have a Tech license plate. I am not a true alumni, though. Had to finish my bachelor's and masters at another school due to my major. I am, will always be, and always was all Tech through and through, though.
    He's BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

DellDawg look at the date of champion110's post you quoted.:icon_wink:
    Last edited by WWDog; 04-09-2011 at 06:53 PM.
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ girldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud of

This could actually be a very good way to get Tech's name out more in the Texas market, an area very important to our recruiting efforts. And for statewide coverage, $8,000 would be rather cheap advertising. Would just have to encourage alums to buy the plates. I think someone in Texas needs to take this and run with it (after you find someone to give you $8,000 deposit!) Wouldn't Tech get a percentage of the cost of the plates?

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

I was looking at the stuff, and now I can't figure out how to do it. The link in my first post is dead, but on the DOT website it says that not-for-profits that want to create tags and receive revenue have to go through myplates.com, but I can't find instructions on that site for new organizations to create plates.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

I got my LATECH plate through myplates they are handling all that stuff for TXDOT now. I got the T plate with Latech on it, I asked them when I did mine a year ago about college plates but I have since lost the email they sent. I will go back and see if I can dig the info up too!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by DallasDog; 08-02-2011 at 03:44 PM.

Champ dchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to all dchi72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DallasDog View Post
    I got my LATECH plate through myplates they are handling all that stuff for TXDOT now. I got the T plate with Latech on it, I asked them when I did mine a year ago about college plates but I have since lost the email they sent. I will go back and see if I can dig the info up too!
    Show off

+ Reply to Thread