+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Shockey is a Saint

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Re: Shockey is a Saint

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    That's very past history!

This is very
    Recent history

Saints vs Cowboys What a blow out.
    Dec 11, 2006 | 9:11AM | report this I sat in my easy chair watching the Dallas Cowboys fall apart as a well prepared N. O. Saints ran the football down my Cowboys throats. The Saints showed some of the best coaching and the best preparation I have seen in a team from the NFC in a long time. I write this blog because I know the Cowboy haters are going to be out in full force today.
    The Cowboys went into this game looking like a High School team playing a Pro team. I know everyone is going to say that Romo failed which he did throwing two interceptions one of which was in the endzone. The Dallas Offense had bad problems getting recievers open and the running game was all but nonexistant. Romo wasn't the problem though (atleast not the only problem). What really got me was how the Dallas Defense just couldn't stop the Saints. There was nothing the Cowboys could do. The Saints were running passing and mixing it up, keeping the Cowboys completely off guard The Coaching staff did nothing to adjust the team to the Saints style of play and the Cowboys quickly lost heart and basically quit.
    So who do you blame when a team fails as totally as the Cowboys did. Well I'd have to start with the Coaching staff. Its like the Cowboys didn't even watch any game footage. As much as the Saints were prepared for this game the Cowboys were totally unprepared. Maybe Terrel Owens wasn't the only person who didn't hear Parcells speech the other day. Well maybe they will listen now. Do I blame Parcells? Not totally.. As Head Coach the over all responsibility for the lose falls on his shoulders, but it takes more than one man to sink a ship. The defensive and offensive coorodinators should have moved some things around, taken some chances and played to win.
    So Congratulations Saints on a well orchestrated defeat against the Cowboys. And to all you Cowboy Haters, we all knew that the Cowboys would lose sooner or later, but they are still on top of the NFC East and still have a chance.

Nope that's past too.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Guess who's happiest about this trade....

Champ louisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the rough

Buddy D started that whole paper bag thing, God rest his soul.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    Just another Thug. :icon_wink:
    F* the cowboys

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

I don't worry about that at all. Besides the Tight End we have is better than Shockey and he isn't a punk.
    I HATE the cowpatties... and I agree 100%.

That said, I still hope that Dallas loses 16 games this year.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    F* the cowboys
    Does memphis have a football team?

Nevermind, F* the grizzlies.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

I don't worry about that at all. Besides the Tight End we have is better than Shockey and he isn't a punk.
    That's just not true. Jason Witten is a very good tight end and any team would like to have him. But, he isn't better than Shockey. You are right that he doesn't run his mouth as much, but take attitudes out of it and it really isn't close.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StrayDawg View Post
    That's just not true. Jason Witten is a very good tight end and any team would like to have him. But, he isn't better than Shockey. You are right that he doesn't run his mouth as much, but take attitudes out of it and it really isn't close.
    I think Witten is better either way, but attitudes are part of it. And injuries. And relationships in the locker room. It all counts if it effects the score.

It's like saying, just take the size, strength, speed, hands, and experience out of it and I am waaaaaaay better than either one of those guys.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Does memphis have a football team?

Do they have a basketball team? Oh yeah, they have a good college team.

And as a matter of fact it is pretty close - with the edge to Witten.

The bad guy:
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/foo.../players/5900/

The good guy:
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/foo.../players/6405/

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Jeremy Shockey has more raw talent than Jason Witten. Period. Don't get me wrong, Witten is a very good TE, and I'm not knocking him. Shockey runs his mouth sometimes, but so do lots of athletes. Nobody in the NFL talks more than TO, but he is still more talented than most receivers in the league.

Last year's stats do give an edge to Witten because Jason Garrett used him the right way. I said this in the other Shockey thread, but when Sean Payton was Shockey's OC in NY, he had 74 catches for 900 yards and was NFL Rookie of the Year. The next year Payton was gone and Shockey had 535 yards. Once he is back in Payton's offense, he should be used correctly and used in a way that emphasizes his talents.

Here are a few stats about Shockey that people don't want to give him credit for:

1. He hasn't fumbled in 3 years.

2. He hasn't lost a fumble in 4 years. In those 4 years, he has caught 249 passes.

3. He CAN block.

This quote from Tiki Barber today:
    "I think of late with the Giants, that's been his rub. He hasn't been out to catch a pass. He hasn't been put in his most advantageous situations, and injuries have been killing him every year. It's almost a product of his own success, because he became a hell of a blocker. People don't talk about this stat, but when he went out last year, the Giants went from 4.5 yards a carry to 3.5, because he was so good at that."

I don't know why everyone keeps saying Shockey can't block. He's a very good blocker who can attack the DE and help Reggie Bush get to the corner.

Quote from John Madden about his blocking:
    "(The trade) will help the Saints and I'll tell you why," said Madden, NBC's booth analyst, who also attended the tour. "Of all the stuff people talk about with Shockey, he's a good blocker. Tough guy, good blocker. He's a pass receiver, he can do all those things, but what I always liked is that he handle that defensive end. There's not a lot of tight ends that can do that."

4. He is not soft-spoken, but he is NOT considered a "cancer" by his teammates.

"He was the consummate professional in the locker room and on the practice field," Barber said. "He never took a day off in practice. He practices hard, he plays hard, he parties hard, he lives hard. That's just the way he lives his life. He's kind of a throwback -- 15-20 years ago, that's how players were." -- Just off hand, I can think of Joe Namath, Jim McMahon, several Dallas Cowboys and Green Bay Packers, etc. who fit that description. They took heat in the press too, but that's how they lived.

This quote from Michael Strahan:
    "He's a great teammate. There's not a guy in that locker room who would say, "I don't like Jeremy Shockey. He's a jerk." If you want to learn how to work hard, if you want to learn how to be intense, if you want to learn to believe that you're the best and work for it, if you want to learn how to always require and demand the best out of yourself, you watch Jeremy Shockey."

Coming from two future hall of famers, that doesn't sound like a cancer to me. Barber and Strahan also talked about the great relationship that Shockey had with Payton. I think the locker room relationships will be fine.

The stats that will matter most are next year's stats.
    Last edited by StrayDawg; 07-22-2008 at 06:33 PM.

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post

Here's the Saints highlight:

It isn't really close. Witten is that much better. Whitten has had 2 seasons better than Shockeys career year..
    Last edited by Bigdog13; 07-22-2008 at 08:04 PM.

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

Witten is awesome and everyone knows it.
    People are just so jealous of the Cowboys they'll find anything to say that's bad.

Witten > Shockey

AND T.O. > Colston

TO overdosed to kill himself, too. That's some crap. Unless you know for sure, there's no need to say that.

It isn't really close. Witten is that much better. Whitten has had 2 seasons better than Shockeys career year..
    Witten had an OC that knew what he was doing. Shockey was on a running team that didn't use him properly. It really isn't hard to see when you look at the numbers. I'm not saying that Witten will have a bad year, so get your panties out of your crack. Jeremy Shockey has more talent than Jason Witten. Bottom line. Shockey will prosper under Payton.

+ Reply to Thread