+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: For Obama Supporters

Champ FriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond repute FriscoDog's Avatar

For Obama Supporters

This is not to be an inflammatory thread, nor to bash Obama or prop up McCain. The main question I have regarding him is this:

Given Obama's experience, what makes him a better Commander in Chief, and more experienced in foreign policy than John McCain?

Puppy bullman seems to have something between the earsbullman seems to have something between the earsbullman seems to have something between the earsbullman seems to have something between the earsbullman seems to have something between the earsbullman seems to have something between the ears

Re: For Obama Supporters

Nothing, he is a true muslim idiot!

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bullman View Post
    Obama isn't a Muslim.

I'm not a supporter, however.

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDog View Post
    Given Obama's experience, what makes him a better Commander in Chief, and more experienced in foreign policy than John McCain?
    because he's going to mount his mighty unicorn and lead us all to the land of sunshine and lollipops
    Last edited by DogtorEvil; 10-13-2008 at 09:36 PM.

Champ parisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond repute parisdog's Avatar

because he's the anitchrist

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DogtorEvil View Post
    because he's going to mount his mighty unicorn and lead us all to the land of sunshine and lollipops
    How do you come up with this stuff?

Champ randerizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the rough randerizer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDog View Post
    This is not to be an inflammatory thread, nor to bash Obama or prop up McCain. The main question I have regarding him is this:

Nothing in Obama's experience makes him a better candidate than McCain. But nothing in McCain's experience makes him a better candidate than Obama. Having a longer term as Senator doesn't really mean that much to me. In fact, the past experience of either candidate scares the $h!t out of me.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by randerizer View Post
    Nothing in Obama's experience makes him a better candidate than McCain. But nothing in McCain's experience makes him a better candidate than Obama. Having a longer term as Senator doesn't really mean that much to me. In fact, the past experience of either candidate scares the $h!t out of me.
    Your joking right?

And by the way, don't you owe Tech athletics $1000 dollars?

Champ randerizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the rough randerizer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rus-La View Post
    Your joking right?
    Not joking. Both have pathetic track records of what I would want as a candidate, in terms of military, economic, whatever issues you want to talk about.

And by the way, don't you owe Tech athletics $1000 dollars?
    No. HRC would have needed to defeat Obama for the bet to be valid. The wager was over HRC vs. the republicans, not HRC vs. the democrats.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by randerizer View Post
    Not joking. Both have pathetic track records of what I would want as a candidate, in terms of military, economic, whatever issues you want to talk about.

No. HRC would have needed to defeat Obama for the bet to be valid. The wager was over HRC vs. the republicans, not HRC vs. the democrats.
    So McCain working with everyone and everything he has, he still has no experience?

I believe bet was that I said she wouldn't win and you said she would if she won the nomination... has she won? adding the "nomination" point doesn't rule out the fact she didn't win... oh well, no matter.

Champ daybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time daybreaker2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bullman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by parisdog View Post
    because he's the anitchrist
    Wow, with points like these, I guess I should just vote for McCain!

Anyways, the way youre framing your question is biased towards McCain.
    By asking "given his experience" youre obviously pointing out that he's only been in the senate for a few years. Yes, he's inexperienced on a national scale. But, he's very intelligent and willing to listen to people who are more knowledgeable on a subject than him.

It's not his experience (or lack of) that is making me support him. Experience has nothing to do with my reasons for wanting Obama to be president. The only reason you hear so much about experience is because it's basically the only thing McCain has on Obama.

The reason why I think Obama will be a better Commander in Chief is his vision, and his plans. I think McCain will continue to send the economy downwards with his plans. I think he will continue our countried dependence on oil, even though McCain himself has said of offshore drilling: "With those resources, which would take years to develop, you would only postpone or temporarily relieve our dependency on fossil fuels." Yet now, suddenly, he's all for offshore drilling. Because its the only way he can strike a difference between him and Obama. I think McCain will send us to war with Iran, when we're not even through in Iraq or Afghanistan. I think McCain's healthcare plan will lead to millions of people with severe conditions not getting coverage. Why should we let an insurance company determine the worth of a human life?

Yes, there are things I disagree with Obama on, and yes Obama doesnt have as much experience as McCain. But his vision,and his plans are much better for our nation and its citizens than McCain's.

This is evident by the fact that the Iraqi PM has backed Obama's 16 month timeline. The fact that Bush has said there will be a time "horizon" for withdrawing troops. The fact that Bush is now sending people to talk with Iran first. Obama isnt even president yet, and yet here are his plans- already being put into motion because they are the best course of action.

So to answer your question, there is nothing about Obama's experience that makes him a better candidate. It's everything else.
    "To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt

Champ daybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time daybreaker2's Avatar

I believe bet was that I said she wouldn't win and you said she would if she won the nomination... has she won? adding the "nomination" point doesn't rule out the fact she didn't win... oh well, no matter.
    Youre not big on logic are you?
    "To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by daybreaker2 View Post
    Youre not big on logic are you?
    "Heads I win, tails you lose."

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luminaire View Post
    Obama isn't a Muslim.

Is it politically incorrect to believe he is a Muslim?

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg View Post
    Is it politically incorrect to believe he is a Muslim?
    If by "politically incorrect" you mean "inaccurate," then yes.

+ Reply to Thread