+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Bad News for Tech and Good News for the Sunbelt

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Re: Bad News for Tech and Good News for the Sunbelt

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRaiderFn View Post
    I disagree. FAU beat HAWAII just a couple of years ago. I have seen ULM play better over the last two years.
    OK but what if I told you the same year FAU beat them by 7 points Fresno beat Hawaii 70-14 and Boise beat them 69-3? You can't draw any conclusions by one game. Hawaii started that year VERY slowly. Upsets happen all the time. Hawaii has consistently been better than FAU the last few years despite that loss.

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WKU KillToppers View Post
    First off, let me clarify something for you. WKU can only increase the SBC's level of competiton - we have won a 1-AA National Championship (2002), a 15-year streak of winning, transitioning into the SBC, playing Auburn, Georgia and Florida as out of conference games and multiple playoff appearances; so we do have a good tradition of success.

Now, as far as the SBC goes, don't get caught sleeping on this conference. The level of competiton is getting better and better - we are attracting more top-tier recruits, our winning percentages against BCS competiton is improving, as well as our attendance numbers. Troy has been to several bowl games thus far; UL-Monroe pulled an upset at Alabama this past season; and once WKU becomes a full-fledged member of the SBC in 2009, we should be able to make some noise.
    I like WKU and you guys will contribute to the SunBelt immediately.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DAWG DUDE View Post
    I thought that's why we were skipped over in 04? We only beat one actual team - Fresno.
    Nope. Bowls are about money my young friend. They have no direct interest in pitting the two best available teams. It's all about conference tie-ins and the biggest names you can get.

The bowls have never ever ever been about the best match-ups (unless it happened accidently).

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    Nope. Bowls are about money my young friend. They have no direct interest in pitting the two best available teams. It's all about conference tie-ins and the biggest names you can get.

The bowls have never ever ever been about the best match-ups (unless it happened accidently).
    Gotcha thanks.

Varsity Bulldog BlueRaiderFn Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBlueRaiderFn Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBlueRaiderFn Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBlueRaiderFn Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBlueRaiderFn Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBlueRaiderFn Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBlueRaiderFn Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBlueRaiderFn Ultimate jerk and not worth your time BlueRaiderFn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    OK but what if I told you the same year FAU beat them by 7 points Fresno beat Hawaii 70-14 and Boise beat them 69-3? You can't draw any conclusions by one game. Hawaii started that year VERY slowly. Upsets happen all the time. Hawaii has consistently been better than FAU the last few years despite that loss.

Hawaii and Boise may be a bit better than the top of the Sunbelt. I think it we played a round robin that the Sunbelt would come out below .500, but it wouldn't be much below. Either way, Hawaii and Boise aren't that far ahead of the top Belt teams in my opinion. They are etter, but not by that much. Hopefully WAC fans will get tired of belittling the Sunbelt and let the Power Six fans do that, just like they do the WAC, MAC, Conf USA etc and man doesn't every one get angry when a power six school like LSU talks smack about La Tech and the WAC, but when a WAC fan wants to belittle the SUnbelt, they fire away! (Do unto others):icon_wink:

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Hawaii and Boise may be a bit better than the top of the Sunbelt. I think it we played a round robin that the Sunbelt would come out below .500, but it wouldn't be much below. Either way, Hawaii and Boise aren't that far ahead of the top Belt teams in my opinion. They are etter, but not by that much. Hopefully WAC fans will get tired of belittling the Sunbelt and let the Power Six fans do that, just like they do the WAC, MAC, Conf USA etc and man doesn't every one get angry when a power six school like LSU talks smack about La Tech and the WAC, but when a WAC fan wants to belittle the SUnbelt, they fire away! (Do unto others):icon_wink:

Varsity Bulldog BlueRaiderFn Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBlueRaiderFn Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBlueRaiderFn Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBlueRaiderFn Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBlueRaiderFn Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBlueRaiderFn Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBlueRaiderFn Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBlueRaiderFn Ultimate jerk and not worth your time BlueRaiderFn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Oh yeah? Well:

AND: Nah, nah, nee, nah, nah!

(let's leave 8th grade behind us people).

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

AND: Nah, nah, nee, nah, nah!

(let's leave 8th grade behind us people).
    Just one of the many reasons we left the Belt.

Nice...You graduate in '77? How old are you?

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Do this exercise. Go to the Sagarin website and do your own little round robin for the last three years. See if the WAC number 1 is higher than the Belt #1 and then 2 vs. 2, 3 vs. 3 and so on, and so on and then let me know how many times that the Belt school was higher than the WAC school. I'll bet you the WAC wins at least 80% of the time.

And I am not trying to belittle the Sunbelt. I think the Sunbelt is improving every year. I think I have been civil about this and not flamed your conference or school at all.

I just think it is silly to say things like Fresno, Hawaii and Boise may be "a bit" better than the top of the Sunbelt. I would bet that most people that follow college football would laugh at that statement.

Going by last years standings..
    Hawaii vs. FAU
    Boise vs. Troy
    Fresno vs. MTSU
    Nevada vs. ULM
    Louisiana Tech vs. Arkansas State
    San Jose vs. ULL
    NMSU vs. North Texas
    Idaho vs. FIU

Quote Originally Posted by DAWG DUDE View Post
    Going by last years standings..
    Hawaii vs. FAU
    Boise vs. Troy
    Fresno vs. MTSU
    Nevada vs. ULM
    Louisiana Tech vs. Arkansas State
    San Jose vs. ULL
    NMSU vs. North Texas
    Idaho vs. FIU
    Looks like the WAC would be 8 - 0 to me.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    I would LOVE to see Arkansas State take their 6K fans to the Independence Bowl. That will drive the I-Bowl back to Tech immediately or put them out of business completely. Either route is fine.
    I absolutely agree, DW. This new Indy bowl arrangement isn't bad news for Louisiana Tech, rather it's bad news for the Indy bowl.

HD

+ Reply to Thread