+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2008-09 Basketball Schedule

Champ philgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her game

2008-09 Basketball Schedule

I am just wondering if any one has any idea what the schedule looks like for the upcoming season. I see that the Men have released their schedule but I have seen nothing for the Lady Techsters.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: 2008-09 Basketball Schedule

Nothing yet........ Should be soon.

Varsity Bulldog cranberry seems to have something between the earscranberry seems to have something between the earscranberry seems to have something between the earscranberry seems to have something between the earscranberry seems to have something between the earscranberry seems to have something between the earscranberry seems to have something between the ears

Quote Originally Posted by philgarris View Post
    I am just wondering if any one has any idea what the schedule looks like for the upcoming season. I see that the Men have released their schedule but I have seen nothing for the Lady Techsters.
    Watch out.........you may get red dotted for asking that! :P

Varsity Bulldog rustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her game

There were some scheduling conflicts that had to be resolved before the athletic council would approve the WBB schedule. Opponents shouldn't change, but some of the dates and times might.

I figure it will be released sometime mid-August.

Champ philgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by rustondawg5198 View Post
    There were some scheduling conflicts that had to be resolved before the athletic council would approve the WBB schedule. Opponents shouldn't change, but some of the dates and times might.

I figure it will be released sometime mid-August.
    So can you give us a heads up on who the opponents are?
    Home and Away
    It would be greatly appreciated

Varsity Bulldog jbgood57 seems to have something between the earsjbgood57 seems to have something between the earsjbgood57 seems to have something between the earsjbgood57 seems to have something between the earsjbgood57 seems to have something between the earsjbgood57 seems to have something between the ears

While I have not actually seen a schedule, I was told that it will be rather soft this season. Unfortunately, that will most likely lead to trouble in the conference.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by jbgood57 View Post
    While I have not actually seen a schedule, I was told that it will be rather soft this season. Unfortunately, that will most likely lead to trouble in the conference.
    I hope it isn't too soft, but at this point in rebuilding, it would be nice to build some confidence up in these players. They need to learn how to win and put teams away. Getting a lot of w's may help with that before conference begins.

Varsity Bulldog rustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her game

I know we'll be finishing off a 2-for-1 at Tennessee with that series not scheduled to be renewed (truly a sad day for women's basketball, but unfortunately we haven't held up our end while Stanford, ODU, Rutgers, etc. have).

We'll also be returning trips to Miss. State (1-for-1) and LSU (1 home, 1 road, 1 neutral) to finish out that contract. I think we also owe McNeese State a return trip.

WKU will be coming to Ruston to return last year's game in Bowling Green. Don't know how long that contract goes. Sam Houston owes us a return trip as well.

Alabama, ULM and UALR contracts were fulfilled last year.

As for the rest of it.....I heard we might have a home game with Grambling and maybe a Pac-10 school (not one of the upper-tier ones, though). Maybe another home game or two, maybe a tournament somewhere (not sure where). Don't know anything about the conference schedule, but if any of the other WAC schools have released theirs you can probably piece it together.

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Angry Re: 2008-09 Basketball Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by rustondawg5198 View Post
    I know we'll be finishing off a 2-for-1 at Tennessee with that series not scheduled to be renewed (truly a sad day for women's basketball, but unfortunately we haven't held up our end while Stanford, ODU, Rutgers, etc. have).

We'll also be returning trips to Miss. State (1-for-1) and LSU (1 home, 1 road, 1 neutral) to finish out that contract. I think we also owe McNeese State a return trip.

WKU will be coming to Ruston to return last year's game in Bowling Green. Don't know how long that contract goes. Sam Houston owes us a return trip as well.

Alabama, ULM and UALR contracts were fulfilled last year.

As for the rest of it.....I heard we might have a home game with Grambling and maybe a Pac-10 school (not one of the upper-tier ones, though). Maybe another home game or two, maybe a tournament somewhere (not sure where). Don't know anything about the conference schedule, but if any of the other WAC schools have released theirs you can probably piece it together.
    Whew!! Glad we don't have to play them again after last year's fiasco!!
    Last edited by Mean Gene; 07-24-2008 at 08:57 PM. Reason: Add comment

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I hope it isn't too soft, but at this point in rebuilding, it would be nice to build some confidence up in these players. They need to learn how to win and put teams away. Getting a lot of w's may help with that before conference begins.

I agree with you that the schedule should not be too soft. I don't necessarily disagree with the rest of your statement in that I want to see some strong wins to boost confidence, but this is Long's fourth year. Using the term "rebuilding" is a stretch, imo. If the schedule is weak and we run through it relatively unscathed, then there are still questions as to the "rebuilding" that is happening. It's it is middle-of-the-road like last season, and there are signs of life, then we have something going. I think we all know it won't be a strong schedule. Hasn't been for a few years now. But I'd like to see less Sam Houston's and more Western Kentucky's if that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by fanfromafar View Post
    I agree with you that the schedule should not be too soft. I don't necessarily disagree with the rest of your statement in that I want to see some strong wins to boost confidence, but this is Long's fourth year. Using the term "rebuilding" is a stretch, imo. If the schedule is weak and we run through it relatively unscathed, then there are still questions as to the "rebuilding" that is happening. It's it is middle-of-the-road like last season, and there are signs of life, then we have something going. I think we all know it won't be a strong schedule. Hasn't been for a few years now. But I'd like to see less Sam Houston's and more Western Kentucky's if that makes sense.
    I use the word "rebuilding", because it is obvious that we are not "rebuilt" yet. We need confidence boosters. I would like to start out with some games that we win easily, move to some mid-level top conference games, and then to conference play. IF built correctly (and some of that is difficult to arrange), we could build some confidence (especially for our freshmen) and get a winning streak going. Our girls need to get used to winning and not let anything get in our way.

I agree with most of your post.

I was hoping to see Ole Miss, TCU, Arizona, MTSU maybe a UAB or some other middle of the road teams, I am all about the confidence games but we really need the games against other teams from some of the bigger conferences that we should be evenly matched with.
    I hate to say that we need to play teams in the middle of the pack in other conferences but that is where we are now at the moment. We don't need a bunch of McNeese St. The wins will be nice but not a true measuring stick of where we are.

I was hoping to see Ole Miss, TCU, Arizona, MTSU maybe a UAB or some other middle of the road teams, I am all about the confidence games but we really need the games against other teams from some of the bigger conferences that we should be evenly matched with.
    I hate to say that we need to play teams in the middle of the pack in other conferences but that is where we are now at the moment. We don't need a bunch of McNeese St. The wins will be nice but not a true measuring stick of where we are.
    You might get your wish on one of those five you mentioned.

I would consider Miss. State a "middle of the road" team, as I would WKU. The thing is, we're not the RPI booster we once were. Right now, we're not a "middle of the road" team. Those that are don't really have anything to gain by playing us. Once we start making NCAA tournaments again, we'll start seeing some of those mid-level SEC and Big 12 schools on the schedule.

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

I agree completely, and you said it much better than I. Not looking forward to wins against bottom dwellers. If the talent level on this team is what we've been lead to believe, then we should be playing teams who are competitive. Yes, a few blowouts are great and yes they build confidence, but being the top dawg of the bottom 50 isn't what the Techsters should aspire to.

I agree completely, and you said it much better than I. Not looking forward to wins against bottom dwellers. If the talent level on this team is what we've been lead to believe, then we should be playing teams who are competitive. Yes, a few blowouts are great and yes they build confidence, but being the top dawg of the bottom 50 isn't what the Techsters should aspire to.
    I hope you didn't think my post meant that we should "aspire" to that. I simply was stating that we need to build some confidence early in the year this year. Pile up some wins and then steadily get stronger in our schedule. Blow out losses don't help our team's attitude. We need to gradually build back to where we were. Besides a 10-1 Techster team will bring some people back to the TAC to watch them - not a 5-5 one.

Anyway, right now, I don't care what the schedule looks like. I just want to start winning again and be proud of my Techsters once again.

+ Reply to Thread