+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Candace Parker Fight

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

Re: Candace Parker Fight

Quote Originally Posted by BUZDAWG View Post
    Fan, I don't think that report was all that unbiased. Detroit has big strong bodies and they are forceful in their play. Other teams seem to want to out muscle them and that is why Detroit games always seem so physical. It is like the other teams want to show they are just as tough as Detroit, but they really don't do it as well. I see more pushing and shoving coming from the other teams than I do Detroit. I will add that I watch a lot of WNBA games so I get to see this routinely. Because they are physical, and Laimbeer is their coach, they get tagged with this "Bad Girls" identification. In truth they are quite skillful. Leslie and D Nasty have always been two of the roughest players in the league and are much more deserving of the Bad Girls name IMO. Parker is a rookie who commands a lot of attention and has a ton of expectations placed on her. That has to be a lot of pressure.
    While I would not want to mess with Pierson, she is a great player who plays with a lot of focus. Who cares what she did as a sophmore in college. And trying to insinuate she had a problen with Taurasi is almost funny. Taurasi has one of the worst tempers I have seen in the league and plays extremely rough. All in all I think this dust up makes for good news, but doesn't amount to much, and certainly doesn't need to be over analyzed. The worst is having Cheryl injured again.
    Unfortunately, I am reminded YET again that I must include emoticons if I am being sarcastic or implying irony. By capitalizing the word "THIS", I thought I was doing so. Obviously, not.

It's a game. Punches were thrown. I agree, punishment should be exactly the same as the NBA.

Champ BuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant future BuzDawg73's Avatar

Sorry, Fan. Didn't pick up what you meant. Fan boards and emails are fun, but I sure do miss voice inflections sometimes.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by cranberry View Post
    Don't know if I'd call Lisa Leslie getting shoved by a coach as "entertaining". Also, Champ, you obviously are NOT a Candace Parker fan.......and sorry to correct you, but her name is CANDACE, not CANDICE..........that's my obsessive compulsive disorder coming out.
    Actually, if you read back far enough on this board during her career. I think she is one of the best to ever play the game. She did instigate the fight, though. It started when she wanted to go after Cheryl a few plays earlier. Pierson was dead wrong for going back after her after CandACE pulled her down, though. Cheryl was mature enough not to go after the bait. Plus, Lisa Leslie held CandACE back during that shuffle.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by cranberry View Post
    GREAT!! More red dots for no reason................
    Not from me.....

Cheryl is out for the rest of the season due to her injury. That will make it tough for the Sparks to win another title.

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Big Grin Re: Candace Parker Fight

Quote Originally Posted by fanfromafar View Post
    Unfortunately, I am reminded YET again that I must include emoticons if I am being sarcastic or implying irony. By capitalizing the word "THIS", I thought I was doing so. Obviously, not.

It's a game. Punches were thrown. I agree, punishment should be exactly the same as the NBA.
    FFA - At least they WANT U to use emoticons. Everytime I make a post I get hammered about using too many!!! :icon_wink: Look!!! Just 2 this time!!!

MG
    Last edited by Mean Gene; 07-25-2008 at 10:35 AM. Reason: Add comment

+ Reply to Thread