+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: More Sun Belt stuff

Varsity Bulldog rustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her game

More Sun Belt stuff

WKU and South Alabama joining the conference in 2009 and 2013, respectively. The Hilltoppers sold 9,000 season tickets last year as a D-1 Independent. USA is looking to sell 12,000 next year playing a schedule that consists of such powerhouses as Kentucky Wesleyan and Hargrave Military Academy.

Someone tell me again, how is it that an established, tradition-rich program like Tech is struggling to get to 5,000? Are our fans that wishy-washy that they can't step it up and buy season tickets? Is it an institutional problem? Is our athletic department not pushing season tickets hard enough?

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs....0603/807230388

This might be, by far, the best home schedule Louisiana Tech football has ever had. And right now, we're still nowhere near where we need to be on season ticket sales. If Western Kentucky and South Alabama can sell 10,000 or more season tickets, there is NO REASON WHATSOEVER that we can't be there too. And I'm sorry, but I place the blame solely on the fan base. If you want the program to succeed, you've got to contribute money and buy season tickets. Simple as that. If you live within a 2-hour drive of Ruston and you don't buy season tickets and come to all the home games, I really question your right to call yourself a Tech fan.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Re: More Sun Belt stuff

Quote Originally Posted by rustondawg5198 View Post
    WKU and South Alabama joining the conference in 2009 and 2013, respectively. The Hilltoppers sold 9,000 season tickets last year as a D-1 Independent. USA is looking to sell 12,000 next year playing a schedule that consists of such powerhouses as Kentucky Wesleyan and Hargrave Military Academy.

Someone tell me again, how is it that an established, tradition-rich program like Tech is struggling to get to 5,000? Are our fans that wishy-washy that they can't step it up and buy season tickets? Is it an institutional problem? Is our athletic department not pushing season tickets hard enough?

This might be, by far, the best home schedule Louisiana Tech football has ever had. And right now, we're still nowhere near where we need to be on season ticket sales. If Western Kentucky and South Alabama can sell 10,000 or more season tickets, there is NO REASON WHATSOEVER that we can't be there too. And I'm sorry, but I place the blame solely on the fan base. If you want the program to succeed, you've got to contribute money and buy season tickets. Simple as that. If you live within a 2-hour drive of Ruston and you don't buy season tickets and come to all the home games, I really question your right to call yourself a Tech fan.
    In spirit of transparency, how many Tech season tix have you purchased?
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Varsity Bulldog rtr002 is on top of his/her gamertr002 is on top of his/her gamertr002 is on top of his/her gamertr002 is on top of his/her gamertr002 is on top of his/her gamertr002 is on top of his/her gamertr002 is on top of his/her gamertr002 is on top of his/her gamertr002 is on top of his/her gamertr002 is on top of his/her gamertr002 is on top of his/her game rtr002's Avatar

I have purchased 3 season tickets, myself.
    How bout them Dawgs!

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rtr002 View Post
    I have purchased 3 season tickets, myself.
    Me=2.
    My question was to the thread starter.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Varsity Bulldog rtr002 is on top of his/her gamertr002 is on top of his/her gamertr002 is on top of his/her gamertr002 is on top of his/her gamertr002 is on top of his/her gamertr002 is on top of his/her gamertr002 is on top of his/her gamertr002 is on top of his/her gamertr002 is on top of his/her gamertr002 is on top of his/her gamertr002 is on top of his/her game rtr002's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Me=2.
    My question was to the thread starter.
    I know I was just bragging.LOL
    How bout them Dawgs!

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rustondawg5198 View Post

Apathetic fans are a huge problem, but you are preaching to the choir here bud. These are Tech's diehard fans. I have my two season tickets and give what I can to Tech athletics, and I know many on here that do the same.

Varsity Bulldog rustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    In spirit of transparency, how many Tech season tix have you purchased?
    I have two.

Champ DawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond repute DawgFaninHous's Avatar

I am currently in Atlanta and visited with some friends here at this conference who all work at an engineering company in Ruston. They were all shocked that I had four season tickets (especially box seats) since they did not think any body outside of Ruston bothered to buy them any more.

I told them (tongue firmly in my cheek) that I had heard recently that Dooley was not sure yet if he was going to keep Reneau! :icon_wink:

They thought that was very approporiate!

DFiH

Champ MICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant future

5198-Your statement might be much more effective if you would send it to the Ruston Daily Leader & the Shreveport Times. Please don't bother with the other rag in the area. You are indeed preaching to the choir on BB&B---a magnificent choir I might add that more than likely holds more than 50% of the Tech FB season tickets that HAVE been sold.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

As I said on another thread, when and if Tech leaves the WAC, I believe our options will look very different than they do now. And WKU and USA are two of the big reasons why. They have been building their programs right. Go to WKU's site and look at their facilities, especially for basketball.

We have fallen so far behind that all the good work Dooley and co are doing is essentially catch-up. We will STILL have to do a WHOLE LOT to do anything that will move us ahead of anybody. And with schools like WKU and USA in the mix in our general region, it is going to be that much harder to stand out from the crowd.

Puppy WKU KillToppers is an unknown

First off, let me clarify something for you. WKU and USA are two completely different programs - one has won a 1-AA National Championship (2002), a 15-year streak of winning, transitioning into the SBC, playing Auburn, Georgia and Florida as out of conference games and multiple playoff appearances; while USA is a new program with no traditions at all.

Now, as far as the SBC goes, don't get caught sleeping on this conference. The level of competiton is getting better and better - we are attracting more top-tier recruits, our winning percentages against BCS competiton is improving, as well as our attendance numbers. Troy has been to several bowl games thus far; UL-Monroe pulled an upset at Alabama this past season; and once WKU becomes a full-fledged member of the SBC in 2009, we should be able to make some noise.

I am not overly familiar with LA Tech's program anymore although I do remember seeing them play in several games a few years ago. So I am no expect as to the reasons your program isn't as successful as it could be. I do know that fan support is a lynch-pin to a team's overall success. Thanks for letting me add my two cents.

Champ MICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by WKU KillToppers View Post
    First off, let me clarify something for you. WKU and USA are two completely different programs - one has won a 1-AA National Championship (2002), a 15-year streak of winning, transitioning into the SBC, playing Auburn, Georgia and Florida as out of conference games and multiple playoff appearances; while USA is a new program with no traditions at all.

Now, as far as the SBC goes, don't get caught sleeping on this conference. The level of competiton is getting better and better - we are attracting more top-tier recruits, our winning percentages against BCS competiton is improving, as well as our attendance numbers. Troy has been to several bowl games thus far; UL-Monroe pulled an upset at Alabama this past season; and once WKU becomes a full-fledged member of the SBC in 2009, we should be able to make some noise.

I am not overly familiar with LA Tech's program anymore although I do remember seeing them play in several games a few years ago. So I am no expect as to the reasons your program isn't as successful as it could be. I do know that fan support is a lynch-pin to a team's overall success. Thanks for letting me add my two cents.
    Good luck to you with Georgia, Auburn, & Florida and you don't have to tell us, they are ALL AWAY GAMES. We have been down that dark, lonely, unforgiving road since we were declared D1-A January 20, 1989. It is a tough road to hoe! I certainly hope you do not have to schedule 3 of these killers a year for 15 years+ as we have had to do. Perhaps your leaders have learned a thing or two from Louisiana Tech so that maybe, just maybe, you might do things a bit different than we have done. And who knows, it is possible that one day we might have conference affiliation of some type (not the SBC) on a regional basis that will bring you to a rejuvenated set of facilities that we will be so proud of.

Puppy WKU KillToppers is an unknown

Yeah they are all road games as our most of our bigger games this season - Indiana, Kentucky, Alabama and VA Tech but we do get Ball State at home for a return game. I hope we don't have to walk that lonely "Homecoming" game path that you and many others have had to walk but I am not really counting on it. I know we have to take our lumps while hopefully bettering our program at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by WKU KillToppers View Post
    Yeah they are all road games as our most of our bigger games this season - Indiana, Kentucky, Alabama and VA Tech but we do get Ball State at home for a return game. I hope we don't have to walk that lonely "Homecoming" game path that you and many others have had to walk but I am not really counting on it. I know we have to take our lumps while hopefully bettering our program at the same time.
    One more thing---don't get pissed when the "big boys" score again with 12 seconds left to go to make the final 59-3. You will only be told, "Hey, we've paid you BIG BUCKS for the privilege of completely embarrassing you in front of our homies. Get over it." And NOONE, I repeat, NOONE will have one bit of sympathy for you. By the way, to a lesser degree, we are still walking the "Homecoming" walk after all these years. KILL, its a long, long, desolate road you have in front of you. Keep the faith!

Varsity Bulldog nickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the rough nickdawg67's Avatar

South Alabama will have a nearly 6 MILLION DOLLAR football budget, most of it coming from a student fee. Plus, they already have a waiting list for their season tickets.

I was very impressed by the presentation they made in New Orleans. It won't take them long to pass the other schools in the Sun Belt with the kind of resources they will have!!!

The same goes for WKU. They will be highly sought after in the near future.

Nick White
    ESPN 97.7

+ Reply to Thread