+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: More Sun Belt stuff

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Re: More Sun Belt stuff

The only thing WKU does for me is to get a chuckle when I see a "I'm a LadyTopper!" bumper sticker.
    Which brings up a good question for Maddawg . . . would you rather be a Lady Topper or a Lady Techster?
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

The only thing I know about Western Kentucky is the ass whippin we gave them in the first ever college football game played on the field for a national championship in 1973. Tech 34 WKU 0
    Tech put up one of the most dominant defensive efforts ever in a championship game. I believe WKU had a total of 35 yards offense for the entire game.

Varsity Bulldog BlueRaiderFn Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBlueRaiderFn Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBlueRaiderFn Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBlueRaiderFn Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBlueRaiderFn Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBlueRaiderFn Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBlueRaiderFn Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBlueRaiderFn Ultimate jerk and not worth your time BlueRaiderFn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    I think this thread DOES NOT need to be moved to the pit. What the Belt and any other 1A conference does is important to Tech. Now if someone is talking about who will be the starting center for some Belt school I am on board with you and could care less. We had better be paying attention to these schools and what they are doing because you can bet your ass CUSA is!

I've got nothing against Tech. Your success or failure will not likely have an impact on MT. So, I'll say this repectfully (not that i care about being banned, but I believe in being respectful in another persons house): If La Tech is impressed with WKU selling a few thousand tickets, you guys have problems. You should be able to sell 10K no problem. If you aren't, something is wrong. Not a slam, just making an observation.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRaiderFn View Post
    I've got nothing against Tech. Your success or failure will not likely have an impact on MT. So, I'll say this repectfully (not that i care about being banned, but I believe in being respectful in another persons house): If La Tech is impressed with WKU selling a few thousand tickets, you guys have problems. You should be able to sell 10K no problem. If you aren't, something is wrong. Not a slam, just making an observation.
    Something WAS wrong. Our administration just basically left athletics for dead the last few years. The attitude has changed and good things are happening now. BFN, we didn't even really try to sell tickets before this year. So many good things are happening right now it is crazy. From new construction, to marketing and sales it's all getting better. But I agree, we really let the ball drop the last few years.

Varsity Bulldog bustle Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebustle Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebustle Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebustle Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebustle Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebustle Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebustle Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebustle Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebustle Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebustle Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebustle Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by nickdawg67 View Post
    South Alabama will have a nearly 6 MILLION DOLLAR football budget, most of it coming from a student fee. Plus, they already have a waiting list for their season tickets.

I was very impressed by the presentation they made in New Orleans. It won't take them long to pass the other schools in the Sun Belt with the kind of resources they will have!!!

The same goes for WKU. They will be highly sought after in the near future.

Nick White
    ESPN 97.7
    Student fees is where we (Cajuns, Dawgs, and Hawks) have gotten screwed. Up until this year we werent allowed to use any of that. Now I think its still only 3% of student fees??
    Can someone verify?

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bustle View Post
    Student fees is where we (Cajuns, Dawgs, and Hawks) have gotten screwed. Up until this year we werent allowed to use any of that. Now I think its still only 3% of student fees??
    Can someone verify?
    Even then the amount you use from Student fees is subtracted from the allowable GF transfer amount. The GF Transfer amount has gone up. If you want to use student fees, you more or less have to let the students use whatever it is that they are paying for.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Even then the amount you use from Student fees is subtracted from the allowable GF transfer amount. The GF Transfer amount has gone up. If you want to use student fees, you more or less have to let the students use whatever it is that they are paying for.

Fine with me:

Intramural Luxury Suites
    Intramural Field Turf Practice Fields
    Intramural Jumbotron (Heck just turn it on during the intrmural championship game)
    Intramural Academic Center

Puppy stAte is an unknown

Several years ago I posted on here about not having a regional conference would be Tech's down fall. You guys came after me, so I left you alone. However, years later I'm reading this board for the first time since 2003 and I find it funny you guys want a more regional conference, compare WKU and USA to your program, and can't manage to sell a few thousand season tickets. My how the mighty have fallen. Funny thing is, I'm gussing if ya'll had it to do over you still would jump to the WAC. Imagine how much further your program and the Belt would be if ya'll hadn't of bailed (and caused UCF to jump.) Five years from now I'll come back and post about how the Belt has left you guys in the dust.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stAte View Post
    Funny thing is, I'm gussing if ya'll had it to do over you still would jump to the WAC.
    I'd still be in favor of joining the WAC over the Sunbelt, yes.

Varsity Bulldog BlueRaiderFn Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBlueRaiderFn Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBlueRaiderFn Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBlueRaiderFn Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBlueRaiderFn Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBlueRaiderFn Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBlueRaiderFn Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBlueRaiderFn Ultimate jerk and not worth your time BlueRaiderFn's Avatar

Something WAS wrong. Our administration just basically left athletics for dead the last few years. The attitude has changed and good things are happening now. BFN, we didn't even really try to sell tickets before this year. So many good things are happening right now it is crazy. From new construction, to marketing and sales it's all getting better. But I agree, we really let the ball drop the last few years.

At least it's corrected now.

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

Funny thing is, I'm gussing if ya'll had it to do over you still would jump to the WAC.

yep

Several years ago I posted on here about not having a regional conference would be Tech's down fall. You guys came after me, so I left you alone. However, years later I'm reading this board for the first time since 2003 and I find it funny you guys want a more regional conference, compare WKU and USA to your program, and can't manage to sell a few thousand season tickets. My how the mighty have fallen. Funny thing is, I'm gussing if ya'll had it to do over you still would jump to the WAC. Imagine how much further your program and the Belt would be if ya'll hadn't of bailed (and caused UCF to jump.) Five years from now I'll come back and post about how the Belt has left you guys in the dust.
    By that rationale ASU should go join the Southland conference. It's more regional than the Sunbelt so you will save more on travel costs.

We wanted a quality regional conference. Not a regional conference. The choice wasn't CUSA or the WAC and we WANTED to be in a Western based conference so we picked the WAC. The choice was the Sunbelt vs. the WAC. And we wouldn't have had more money in the bank if e had picked the Sunbelt because the revenue from the Sunbelt has been incredibly weak to the point that despite the travel costs we ave been better off financially in the WAC than we would be in the Sunbelt.

Also you are mistaking season tickets for season ticket holders. ...Big difference.

.............You really have no idea what you are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRaiderFn View Post
    At least it's corrected now.
    See the post your conference mate made above and you will see why people trash you and don't give you the benefit of the doubt when you post. That post is typical of most (but not all) of the Sunbelt fans that engage Tech fans in conversation on the internet.

Puppy stAte is an unknown

.............You really have no idea what you are talking about.
    I seem to remember
    UAB
    ASU
    UCF
    MT
    ULL
    Tech
    being the teams set to form Sun Belt football. Am I mistaken?
    Throw in
    UNT (all sports)
    WKU (d 1-aa)
    USA (non football)
    UALR (non football)
    FIU (non football at the time)
    FAU (non football at the time)
    I think the conference as a group would be stronger than the current WAC or Belt. Keep in mind at the time USA, UALR, FIU, and FAU didn't have football, and WKU was d-1aa.
    However when ya'll bailed UCF and UAB went CUSA. We add ULM and your current conference mates NMSU and Idaho to get things going.

All I am saying is looking back you guys really hurt yourselves going to the WAC. Correct me if I'm wrong about the forming of Belt football though I'm going off of memory.

I seem to remember
    UAB
    ASU
    UCF
    MT
    ULL
    Tech
    being the teams set to form Sun Belt football. Am I mistaken?
    Throw in
    UNT (all sports)
    WKU (d 1-aa)
    USA (non football)
    UALR (non football)
    FIU (non football at the time)
    FAU (non football at the time)
    I think the conference as a group would be stronger than the current WAC or Belt. Keep in mind at the time USA, UALR, FIU, and FAU didn't have football, and WKU was d-1aa.
    However when ya'll bailed UCF and UAB went CUSA. We add ULM and your current conference mates NMSU and Idaho to get things going.

All I am saying is looking back you guys really hurt yourselves going to the WAC. Correct me if I'm wrong about the forming of Belt football though I'm going off of memory.

That's not the part I am saying you are getting wrong.

Tell me how being in the WAC has hurt us? By making more money thus offsetting the travel costs or is it the better competition and more exposure the WAC has given us?

+ Reply to Thread