Quote Originally Posted by marketdawg View Post
Counselor Goodman would be disappointed in your decision to not be a NPO. He was thrilled that you guys were making such strides and came to him to set-up the NPO. He came to my place immediately to fill me in on your progress. On the other hand, DFM is Da Man when it comes to financial decisions so I guess it all depends on your dedication, expectation levels, and organizational style/skill. Did you ever think of contacting a TECH supporter that owns a meat market, say in Shreveport, to help you guys out on your tailgating needs? BTW: What, on the Good Man's green earth is wrong with hotdogs and hamburgers?
Haha no we didn't think of that. Actually nothing is wrong with hamburgers and hotdogs. We plan on doing it a few games this season. But we also want to diversify a little. Hamburgers and hotdogs are the easiest way to go though.

About the NPO. It was something that sounds good on paper but unfortunately we didn't have a real plan after that. Not to make excuses or anything but it didn't help that our treasurer all of a sudden bolted without warning on us before the start of last school year. Before she left she told us we had a certain amount of money left in the account so we were planning on purchasing some supplies. Well it turns out she was wrong and we ended up overdrawing the account. On top of that because none of our new officers got properly transfered to the account, none of us knew about it until we went by one day to set up a new treasurer.

As you can see we had some serious problems last year. This year we are ready to start over new. We finally found a person we can trust and is actually competent for our new treasurer position. And maybe one day if the leadership of the Blue feels it is the right move, they might once again try the NPO. But until we atleast prove we are raising enough funds to justify it, we are better off without it.