+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Housing Football Ad.

Varsity Bulldog TechME is a jewel in the roughTechME is a jewel in the roughTechME is a jewel in the roughTechME is a jewel in the roughTechME is a jewel in the roughTechME is a jewel in the roughTechME is a jewel in the roughTechME is a jewel in the roughTechME is a jewel in the roughTechME is a jewel in the roughTechME is a jewel in the rough

Housing Football Ad.

Just wanted to report that I got my housing letter for the Fall quarter today and it included a wallet-sized football schedule and an ad for the Mississippi State game. Also, it did say in my letter, in bold caps, "RESIDENCE HALLS WILL OPEN SATURDAY, AUGUST 30, 9AM." So, it looks like they're trying to get the word out to any students that didn't already know.

Also, I really like that they gave us a schedule. I don't think they've ever done that before
    Attached Images Attached Images

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Housing Football Ad.

That's effing sweet! The "flagship" doesn't even do stuff like that. HAHAHA GO DAWGS!!

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Another indication of how things have changed. I still find it amazing that we are thrilled by something that just makes good sense to do, but we all know wouldn't have been done in the past.

Champ Westv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the rough

Thanks to the new blood- Dooley,Buskirk,Vandelve, etc. I can't wait till the Opener. Go Dawgs!

Champ dawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the rough

It's the little things like this that really go a long way to growing a fanbase...kudos to the athletic department!

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Westv View Post
    Thanks to the new blood- Dooley,Buskirk,Vandelve, etc. I can't wait till the Opener. Go Dawgs!
    Van de Velde

Big Dog bjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her game bjude64's Avatar

I'm really glad they did that.

My brother and I were talking about this yesterday....how they need to be hyping this up during orientation, etc.

And on a side note, the flagshit (originally a typo, but thought I'd just leave it) doesn't have to do things like this. We do...and I'm glad we are.

To any Tech students/incoming freshman: Get your asses up to Ruston. Go out for the weekend. Get some booze. Tailgate. Come to the game. We want to to see all of you there.

Wear Blue.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752 View Post
    Van de Velde
    Hey, it took him a while to learn "Buskirk."
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Hey, it took him a while to learn "Buskirk."
    It took everyone a while to learn Buskirk.

Champ DFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really nice DFWDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechME View Post
    Just wanted to report that I got my housing letter for the Fall quarter today and it included a wallet-sized football schedule and an ad for the Mississippi State game. Also, it did say in my letter, in bold caps, "RESIDENCE HALLS WILL OPEN SATURDAY, AUGUST 30, 9AM." So, it looks like they're trying to get the word out to any students that didn't already know.

Also, I really like that they gave us a schedule. I don't think they've ever done that before
    Thanks for the update. It looks like Dooley's administration gets it and I hope it pays off with a large student and parent contingent. Just in case a student only pays attention to the posted schedule it has been updated as well, http://www.latech.edu/registrar/fall2008.shtml.

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

My what a difference a year makes. It will be interesting to see the immediate affect on attendance average. With and without the MSU game numbers including. I bet it is alot higher.

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by bjude64 View Post
    I'm really glad they did that.

My brother and I were talking about this yesterday....how they need to be hyping this up during orientation, etc.

To any Tech students/incoming freshman: Get your asses up to Ruston. Go out for the weekend. Get some booze. Tailgate. Come to the game. We want to to see all of you there.

Wear Blue.
    I friend of ours, here in Dallas, is sending their son to Tech. They attended the last orientation a couple of weeks ago. She called me up at work about the MSU game to see where we were sitting cause they are coming to the game. The hype factor for the game was a major emphasis of the orientation. She is all pumped up, and that was only her second visit to the campus. This is a grest way to bring the new dawgs into the Tech family.

I think we will pick up about 4-500 tickets to parents of freshman.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by olddog75 View Post
    I friend of ours, here in Dallas, is sending their son to Tech. They attended the last orientation a couple of weeks ago. She called me up at work about the MSU game to see where we were sitting cause they are coming to the game. The hype factor for the game was a major emphasis of the orientation. She is all pumped up, and that was only her second visit to the campus. This is a grest way to bring the new dawgs into the Tech family.

I think we will pick up about 4-500 tickets to parents of freshman.
    Excellent. It sounds like they are doing everything right to set the stage for this incoming class of Tech Bulldogs to have a very different set of expectations about the stature of Tech athletics. I figured just the fact that these kids' first Tech home game is going to be against an SEC opponent would have an effect all by itself, but it sounds like the extra effort the Tech staff is putting into building it up will enhance those dividends. Hopefully we can get something going for student LTAC memberships, as well (there just hasn't been enough time lately to really look into that right now).

+ Reply to Thread