+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: D-line 2 deep projections

Bulldog TECH97 is just really niceTECH97 is just really niceTECH97 is just really niceTECH97 is just really niceTECH97 is just really niceTECH97 is just really niceTECH97 is just really niceTECH97 is just really niceTECH97 is just really niceTECH97 is just really niceTECH97 is just really nice

D-line 2 deep projections

If everyone becomes eligible then here we go:

LE: Grisby or Harper--These guys will probably split a lot of play time.
    LT: Melancon (may not be eligible, keep yours fingers crossed)
    Hitt or Jackson
    RT: Smith (our "Anchor")
    Randle (hopefully will also be eligible)
    RE: Jordan
    Broha

I believe a good D-line is obvisiously critical for our defense to be good and could mean the diffence between a winning or losing season(especially if we can create pressure on the QB). If one or two guys don't become eligible then we may need
    true freshman Phillip Longino to play. He appears to be physically mature enough to contribute early. What does everyone else predict?

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Re: D-line 2 deep projections

I think you nailed it 97.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TECH97 View Post
    If everyone becomes eligible then here we go:

LE: Grisby or Harper--These guys will probably split a lot of play time.
    LT: Melancon (may not be eligible, keep yours fingers crossed)
    Hitt or Jackson
    RT: Smith (our "Anchor")
    Randle (hopefully will also be eligible)
    RE: Jordan
    Broha

I believe a good D-line is obvisiously critical for our defense to be good and could mean the diffence between a winning or losing season(especially if we can create pressure on the QB). If one or two guys don't become eligible then we may need
    true freshman Phillip Longino to play. He appears to be physically mature enough to contribute early. What does everyone else predict?
    According to a friend of mine "I doubt Melancon starts. He has yet to practice with the team."

That said Look for it to be
    DE- Grigsby, Broha
    DT- Smith, Melancon (If Melancon is eligible I would be surprised to see a DL without one of him or Smith in it)
    DT- Randle, Hitt, Jackson
    DE- Jordan, Harper (Harper and Jordan look like clones so I expect them to play the same side).

Step further- how does our 2 deep at backer look?
    OLB- Quin, Faust, Washington
    MLB- Darby, Jackson (if he gets in shape), Zeno
    OLB- Brian White, Washington, Dusty Rust

From what I hear Zeno lacks the speed to play outside and has the size of an inside linebacker so I look for him and Darby to play MLB until Brannon can get in better shape. Kiamni Washington played on special teams last year so I have him penciled in ahead of Rust who red shirted even though Rust could end up being better at linebacker. Faust I really think is the next Quin. I really hope Dudley gets in order because he might be a solid MLB next season. Not sure where you put Randle and Cole.

Now time to look at DB
    CB- Weldon, Howze or Jvic
    FS- Antonio Baker, Shawn Simmons
    SS- Deon Young, Tarence Calais
    CB- Terry Carter, Howze or Jvic
    NB- Victorian

I think Darrius Terry will be a safety but I am not basing that one anything. My guess is eventually he takes over for Baker. He might have to play corner this year and I wouldn't be shocked to see Calais line up at corner either since reports of his recruiting said he was doing good man coverage at the camps he went to.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752 View Post
    According to a friend of mine "I doubt Melancon starts. He has yet to practice with the team."

That said Look for it to be
    DE- Grigsby, Broha
    DT- Smith, Melancon (If Melancon is eligible I would be surprised to see a DL without one of him or Smith in it)
    DT- Randle, Hitt, Jackson
    DE- Jordan, Harper (Harper and Jordan look like clones so I expect them to play the same side).

Step further- how does our 2 deep at backer look?
    OLB- Quin, Faust, Washington
    MLB- Darby, Jackson (if he gets in shape), Zeno
    OLB- Brian White, Washington, Dusty Rust

From what I hear Zeno lacks the speed to play outside and has the size of an inside linebacker so I look for him and Darby to play MLB until Brannon can get in better shape. Kiamni Washington played on special teams last year so I have him penciled in ahead of Rust who red shirted even though Rust could end up being better at linebacker. Faust I really think is the next Quin. I really hope Dudley gets in order because he might be a solid MLB next season. Not sure where you put Randle and Cole.

Now time to look at DB
    CB- Weldon, Howze or Jvic
    FS- Antonio Baker, Shawn Simmons
    SS- Deon Young, Tarence Calais
    CB- Terry Carter, Howze or Jvic
    NB- Victorian

I think Darrius Terry will be a safety but I am not basing that one anything. My guess is eventually he takes over for Baker. He might have to play corner this year and I wouldn't be shocked to see Calais line up at corner either since reports of his recruiting said he was doing good man coverage at the camps he went to.
    First off, I think that's a very informed prognostication of our defense.

We are light years (in terms of size and athleticism) ahead on the defensive line than in recent history. KJ is very good and I believe Grigsby will be make an big impact at DE. At DT, we all know how good D'Anthony is--but, I've heard Hitt is the most skilled (in reference to technique) guy we have. I also think if we can just get Melancon on the field, he might gain some focus. As it is, Randle starts alongside Smith with a steady rotation of Hitt and Jackson.

Our linebacker corps rates anywhere from "decent" to "dominant". Quin is the obvious leader and most well-rounded--tackling, blitzing, and coverage. White is the most talented in terms of speed and strength. Brannon has the reputation as a hole-clogger and a ferocious hitter--I just don't know about his physical integrity. Crosby is a very physical player, but he lacks speed. Faust has plenty of speed, but he's undersized (I expect him to be similar to Dillard).

Obviously, we have both safeties back and look great there. Our corners are led by Weldon--whose work ethic will challenge the younger guys. To tell the truth, I expect Howze to start with Carter and Victorian getting alot of playing time. The tremendous improvement in the defensive front will enable these guys to take more risks and play wide-open.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post

We are light years (in terms of size and athleticism) ahead on the defensive line than in recent history. KJ is very good and I believe Grigsby will be make an big impact at DE. At DT, we all know how good D'Anthony is--but, I've heard Hitt is the most skilled (in reference to technique) guy we have. I also think if we can just get Melancon on the field, he might gain some focus. As it is, Randle starts alongside Smith with a steady rotation of Hitt and Jackson.

Our linebacker corps rates anywhere from "decent" to "dominant". Quin is the obvious leader and most well-rounded--tackling, blitzing, and coverage. White is the most talented in terms of speed and strength. Brannon has the reputation as a hole-clogger and a ferocious hitter--I just don't know about his physical integrity. Crosby is a very physical player, but he lacks speed. Faust has plenty of speed, but he's undersized (I expect him to be similar to Dillard).

Obviously, we have both safeties back and look great there. Our corners are led by Weldon--whose work ethic will challenge the younger guys. To tell the truth, I expect Howze to start with Carter and Victorian getting alot of playing time. The tremendous improvement in the defensive front will enable these guys to take more risks and play wide-open.
    And if our offense can put together some decent drives (or at least drives that last more than 3 downs) we ought to be able to hang with just about anybody. I think even a few less 3-and-outs last year would have won us a couple more games just from having a D that still had some energy left by the middle of the 4th quarter.

Champ MICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant future

CROSBY? I think he graduated. I spoke with Brannon Jackson this morning--he looked good & said he was 100% ready to go.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by MICKEYS14 View Post
    CROSBY? I think he graduated. I spoke with Brannon Jackson this morning--he looked good & said he was 100% ready to go.
    Sorry, I meant Darby (I get my muscled up white dudes with tattoos mixed up.).

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Sorry, I meant Darby (I get my muscled up white dudes with tattoos mixed up.).
    That's okay. All white people look alike to me, too.

Random insertion: How about Denny's new gig?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96 View Post
    That's okay. All white people look alike to me, too.

Random insertion: How about Denny's new gig?
    All he told me was, "Did you know I'm Barry's boss?"

All he told me was, "Did you know I'm Barry's boss?"
    I wondered if that was going to be brought out, or if it was going to be one of those "unspoken truths" that are better left unspoken. :icon_wink:

Bulldog TECH97 is just really niceTECH97 is just really niceTECH97 is just really niceTECH97 is just really niceTECH97 is just really niceTECH97 is just really niceTECH97 is just really niceTECH97 is just really niceTECH97 is just really niceTECH97 is just really niceTECH97 is just really nice

After viewing the pixs of the 1st practice, I have a few of comments.

1. It looks like #94(Randle) is practicing and I guess that means he is eligible.
    2. I did not see Melancon as others have stated. Hopefully he will be able to
    join in after qualifying in the 2nd session of summer classes.
    3. Patrick Jackson looks stronger in the upper body. I believe he said in an
    interview that he had gained 10 pounds of muscle.
    4. D'Anthony is a beast.
    5. #19 who I believe is Womack has really been working hard in the weight room.
    That guy is cut. I just hope he has learned how to catch the football. If so he
    could really contribute as a senior.

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

Second semester of summer school ends Friday so the verdict is still out on "Lando"

I saw Lando (#99 and could tell by the face) in the 7pm practice pixs.
    Does this mean he's eligible or just still able to practice because the jury
    is still out on his eligibiliy?

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TECH97 View Post
    5. #19 who I believe is Womack has really been working hard in the weight room.
    That guy is cut. I just hope he has learned how to catch the football. If so he
    could really contribute as a senior.
    So cut, in fact, that the Newsstar thought he was Dennis Morris!!!!

If there was a year for a veteran WR to step up and make his presence known, it's this year.

As far as Lando is concerned, it means he's eligible (I believe). That could really be the boost this defense needs. He needs to get in to camp and work his butt off because it sounds like Mason Hitt has no plans to hand him the starting spot next to Smith (who is gonna play on Sundays...hopefully in some black and gold). Speaking of Hitt...anybody know what he's weighing these days?

http://www.printroom.com/ViewGallery...t=79&scount=37 (photo of Lando at practice!)
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    So cut, in fact, that the Newsstar thought he was Dennis Morris!!!!

If there was a year for a veteran WR to step up and make his presence known, it's this year.

As far as Lando is concerned, it means he's eligible (I believe). That could really be the boost this defense needs. He needs to get in to camp and work his butt off because it sounds like Mason Hitt has no plans to hand him the starting spot next to Smith (who is gonna play on Sundays...hopefully in some black and gold). Speaking of Hitt...anybody know what he's weighing these days?

http://www.printroom.com/ViewGallery...t=79&scount=37 (photo of Lando at practice!)
    That was gonna be my question. I know that technique is important and speed is important and all of that. I can't help it, I want my DT's with some meat on their bones. D'Anthony at 288 doesn't really bother me. When you start getting below 280 pounds though I start to get a little worried. I know it isn't necessarily right but that's just me.

+ Reply to Thread