+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hawai’i Tabbed to Repeat in 2008 by Coaches-WACSports.com (Women's Soccer)

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Hawai’i Tabbed to Repeat in 2008 by Coaches-WACSports.com (Women's Soccer)

A new article has been posted on www.wacsports.com:

Hawai'i has been selected as the favorite for the 2008 Western Athletic Conference season as determined by a vote by the league's eight head coaches.

More...

Discuss it here.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Hawai段 Tabbed to Repeat in 2008 by Coaches-WACSports.com

Isn't this volleyball?

Varsity Bulldog dogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the rough dogtrooper's Avatar

soccer?

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Thankyou boxerdog for clarifying that. Boy was I confused when I read that thinking football! I was thinking DD was really pulling one over.
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dogtrooper View Post
    soccer?
    Yeah I think it is soccer, and I hope we are more competitive than where we are picked. We have had this program for a couple of years now, it is time to pick it up.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WWDog View Post
    Thankyou boxerdog for clarifying that. Boy was I confused when I read that thinking football! I was thinking DD was really pulling one over.
    I thought someone was high!

Varsity Bulldog rustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    Yeah I think it is soccer, and I hope we are more competitive than where we are picked. We have had this program for a couple of years now, it is time to pick it up.
    It will be much, much better this year. We have a coach in here that knows what he's doing and is actually trying to unite the team around a common goal instead of trying to create division in the ranks. It helped a lot to get rid of several individuals that did not embrace the concept of family and teamwork.

I will be SHOCKED if this team doesn't finish .500 or better and win at least 2-3 games in conference play.

Only 5 home games out of 20, but that's the fault of the previous coaching staff. They will at least be fun to watch this year.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by rustondawg5198 View Post
    They will at least be fun to watch this year.

When will the team calendar come out?

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

What is soccer? It ain't rodeo or football and it certainly isn't baseball. Why is it mentioned here? Could the bot be programmed to ignore such stuff?

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

Honestly, other than UNT and confernce this is a weak schedule and they should be better than .500 OOC. I know coach Hedlund at UNT and they have a solid program. That is a good opening test.

I know coach Sherry and he and I have talked at great length about his ideas on building the program. This schedule should allow the girls to build a great amount of confidence going into WAC play.

UNT, SFA, and (Troy-havent followed them recently, but they have a new young coach and its over there in their tournament) are the only games that are acceptable losses OOC (not that there is really any such thing). A loss to any of the other schools will be a disappointment even with them being on the road. SFA the NCAA tournament last year and lost to an outstanding A&M team at the A&M regional.

This team should see good results on the pitch and 2-3 conferences wins should be about right. I hope they win it all though.

Varsity Bulldog rustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by DallasDog View Post
    Honestly, other than UNT and confernce this is a weak schedule and they should be better than .500 OOC. I know coach Hedlund at UNT and they have a solid program. That is a good opening test.

I know coach Sherry and he and I have talked at great length about his ideas on building the program. This schedule should allow the girls to build a great amount of confidence going into WAC play.

UNT, SFA, and (Troy-havent followed them recently, but they have a new young coach and its over there in their tournament) are the only games that are acceptable losses OOC (not that there is really any such thing). A loss to any of the other schools will be a disappointment even with them being on the road. SFA the NCAA tournament last year and lost to an outstanding A&M team at the A&M regional.

This team should see good results on the pitch and 2-3 conferences wins should be about right. I hope they win it all though.
    You're exactly right about it being a weak schedule, but when you're coming off a 2-14-1 season in which you only scored 12 goals total, a weak schedule is exactly what you need. We need to build some confidence going into conference play, qualify for the conference tournament, and then anything can happen.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

Re: Hawai’i Tabbed to Repeat in 2008 by Coaches-WACSports.com (Women's Soccer)

That's why I said it should allow the girls to build a great amount of confidence going into WAC play LOL

There were more wins available than 2 on last years schedule, but you know all about the internal problems that help make it worse than it should have been. That couple with a couple of girls just not playing up to what he thought they would.

Re: Hawai段 Tabbed to Repeat in 2008 by Coaches-WACSports.com (Women's Soccer)

Quote Originally Posted by DallasDog View Post
    That's why I said it should allow the girls to build a great amount of confidence going into WAC play LOL

There were more wins available than 2 on last years schedule, but you know all about the internal problems that help make it worse than it should have been. That couple with a couple of girls just not playing up to what he thought they would.
    You're right on about that. The Grambling loss really stung....of course, we find out later that at least a couple players were allegedly tipping plays to the other team. We still dominated the game, just couldn't score.

Also, no excuse to not have beaten ULM, Southeastern, Idaho or San Jose last year. Other than a bunch of girls that were just flat-out trying to lose (not all, but some). Those are gone now, thank goodness.

This year....I think 13-7 or better is a very real possibility. 11-game turnaround, that would be pretty special!

11 game swing would probably put us as the biggest turn around in the country. I know a few teams that did as bad as we did, but I don't think any of them have the potential to do a 180 like we do. I woul d really like to see us step up and beat either SFA or UNT. Those are two OOC games that are the measuring sticks. I think the rest of OOC should be ours. I will understand if there is still a growing pain here or there, but they need to generate some W's this season.

UNT had a very productive spring, winning 7 v 7 against A&M, Baylor, Iowa State, and playing Notre Dame and the Canadian national team.

+ Reply to Thread