+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Multi-viewed movies

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Multi-viewed movies

The Morgan Freeman thread (Shawshank) got me thinking about movies that I've watched SEVERAL times.

In no particular order these are the ones that stand out, but there are many others...

Shawshank

Green Mile

Godfather 1 & 2

Lonesome Dove

Outlaw Jose Wales

El Dorado

Sons of Katie Elder

Forrest Gump

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Multi-viewed movies

Can't believe I didn't list some of Mel Gibson's.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Cool Hand Luke
    Animal House
    Blues Brothers
    Patton
    Hollywood Knights

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Brother, Where Art Thou
    Any of the Star Wars movies
    Top Gun

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Tombstone probably tops my list at 1089223032 viewings.

Then The Big Lebowski with just a few less.

Then probably Star Wars.

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar

I second much of the above ... some of the ones I have seen multiple times and will see again ...

Brazil
    Adventures of Baron Munchausen
    12 Monkeys (noticing a trend here?)
    Seven Samurai
    Ran (also Kurosawa ... noticing another trend?)

Administrator AustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to behold AustinDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luminaire View Post
    Tombstone probably tops my list at 1089223032 viewings.

Then The Big Lebowski with just a few less.

Then probably Star Wars.
    Definitely Big Lebowski.

I don't think I've ever seen a single movie as many times since I repeatedly watched Clash of the Titans, Flash Gordon and Conan the Destroyer when I was about 8 years old.

And for some reason, I can't help but tune to High Fidelity every time I see it on one of the movie channels.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

I have probably seen The Princess Bride a million times. I've seen the Seven Samurai several times, but not enough to mention in this thread.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

I've watched Gone With the Wind 64 times. I've read it twice as many.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgmatic View Post
    I've watched Gone With the Wind 64 times. I've read it twice as many.
    I remember going to see Gone With the Wind when it came out. The best part of the movie was when the ex-boyfriend of the girl my older brother brought for a date showed up and wanted to fight. He didn't stand a chance against my mom.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    I remember going to see Gone With the Wind when it came out. The best part of the movie was when the ex-boyfriend of the girl my older brother brought for a date showed up and wanted to fight. He didn't stand a chance against my mom.
    Honey, you aren't old enough to have gone to see it when it came out! That was 1939! I bet you went to see it back in the early 70's when it came round again. I went to the Rose Theatre in Bastrop with my mother and little brother, but nobody tried to fight with us! I had already read the book and the movie absolutely enthralled me. The book is still better than the movie.

Champ 96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough 96bulldog's Avatar

Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure. It came out when I was 16 and I saw it 5 times in the theater.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Wow DD you must be at least 80.

Big Dog TechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her game TechSupporter11's Avatar

Twister

Needless to say I was super excited when they released a 2-disc of it this past spring

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

Can't believe no one's mentioned Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

There'd be a lot of westerns and war movies that I saw many times on TV, but that doesn't seem the same to me as ones I've gone out of my way to watch many times.

Those would include:
    Indy and the Last Crusade
    The original Star Wars Trilogy
    The Philadelphia Story
    Arsenic and Old Lace
    Young Frankenstein
    Rear Window
    Kelly's Heroes
    Star Trek 2, 4 and 6
    The Sting (though it's not as good once you know the sting -- but may be the best first time movie ever)

Actually, I think I could go on a while (I love movies)--my trend seems to run to comedy and adventure. Among dramas, I've already seen Amazing Grace three times. And Casablanca is fabulous.

+ Reply to Thread