+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Olympic Watch: Former Techster Ready for Beach Volleyball in Beijing - latechsports.c

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Olympic Watch: Former Techster Ready for Beach Volleyball in Beijing - latechsports.c

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

Former Louisiana Tech Lady Techster all-star Cristine Sant'Anna is preparing for the 2008 Summer Olympic Games in Beijing, China, in beach volleyball.

More...

Discuss it here.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Re: Olympic Watch: Former Techster Ready for Beach Volleyball in Beijing - latechspor

Champ roughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to behold roughedge's Avatar

Re: Olympic Watch: Former Techster Ready for Beach Volleyball in Beijing - latechspor

Mentioned on Fox News tonight as well and quoted Cristine as saying she was proud to play well and beat Russia on behalf of Georgia.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

This was the talk in our staff meeting this morning about how these incredible Brazilians played for Georgia and beat the Russians. Of course, I informed everyone that Cristine Sant'Anna played at Louisiana Tech University, which shocked the room. lol Great job ladies!!!

"I really felt like we were representing the people of Georgia," Santana said. "I don't want to get political because this is Olympic Games, but down in my heart, I wanted to beat Russia for sure."

Champ roughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to behold roughedge's Avatar

Tech gets a mention in Olympic coverage:
    http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/bei...v=ap&type=lgns

“We had to give extra for the Georgian people,” said Santanna, who made just two short trips to Georgia to apply for a passport. “I give my strength to them. I fight here as they fight there.”

“Today,” she said, in an odd but moving mixture of President Kennedy at the Berlin Wall and Lou Gehrig at his Yankee Stadium farewell, “I feel like I am a Georgian.”

When Russian bombs began dropping and the Georgian athletes gathered in the Olympic village to return home, they were prepared to leave as well. “I could be, like, ‘Why should I go home? I’m from Brazil.’ But I thought, ‘Let’s go,’” said Santanna who played college volleyball at Louisiana Tech. “I wanted to support them because they have families there. “

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

I watched the match and it was sure nice to hear them say Louisiana Tech a few times.

Champ dawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud of

As bad as our volleyball team has been, it's hard to believe we had an Olympian on it.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawgtired View Post
    As bad as our volleyball team has been, it's hard to believe we had an Olympian on it.
    Maybe we should be playing on sand?

Varsity Bulldog rustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96 View Post
    Maybe we should be playing on sand?
    If the NCAA started sponsoring women's beach volleyball, it would instantly become one of the top spectator sports in the spring. I don't know how they've dropped the ball on this one so far. (Oh, wait. This is the NCAA we're talking about. How silly of me.)

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rustondawg5198 View Post
    If the NCAA started sponsoring women's beach volleyball, it would instantly become one of the top spectator sports in the spring. I don't know how they've dropped the ball on this one so far. (Oh, wait. This is the NCAA we're talking about. How silly of me.)
    I was thinking the same thing. Maybe our girls should do a beach volleyball inter-squad scrimmage to promote interest in the program.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96 View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. Maybe our girls should do a beach volleyball inter-squad scrimmage to promote interest in the program.
    Fully functioning Olympic-sized court at the frat house!

Quote Originally Posted by Luminaire View Post
    Fully functioning Olympic-sized court at the frat house!
    How generous of you. :icon_wink:

Champ NathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond repute NathanDarby's Avatar

Great story, And great moment for a Tech grad. However, am I the only one a little uncomfotrable with athletes suddenly becoming citizens of random countries they have never even been to just to play in the Olympics for that country? I know it is done all the time, but it just seems to run counter to the whole idea of the Olympics. There should be a requirement that you have to be a citizen of a country for a minimum of 5-8 years before you can compete for them.

On the other hand, maybe it would be fun to get my Outer Mongolioan citizenship and go to the Olympics in curling or handball or syncronized beer chugging or something.

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Big Grin Re: Olympic Watch: Former Techster Ready for Beach Volleyball in Beijing - latechspor

Quote Originally Posted by NathanDarby View Post
    Great story, And great moment for a Tech grad. However, am I the only one a little uncomfotrable with athletes suddenly becoming citizens of random countries they have never even been to just to play in the Olympics for that country? I know it is done all the time, but it just seems to run counter to the whole idea of the Olympics. There should be a requirement that you have to be a citizen of a country for a minimum of 5-8 years before you can compete for them.

On the other hand, maybe it would be fun to get my Outer Mongolioan citizenship and go to the Olympics in curling or handball or syncronized beer chugging or something.
    Nathan - U'll need a partner for the syncronized beer chugging so I'm volunteering!! Let's practice soon - maybe at the tailgate party for the MSU game??!!

+ Reply to Thread