+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Olympics Thread

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Re: The Olympics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by jlam View Post
    I didn't know it was physically possible for me to cheer out loud at my television for a swim race, but France just got ****whipped by Jason Leezak and the US in the men's 4 x 100m freestyle relay. And by ****whipped I mean by 8/100ths of a second. France talked some junk before the race saying they were going to "smash the Americans". The **** talker got ran down in the last 15 meters or so in dramatic fashion.

Phelps swam the lead leg of the race and is now 2/2 for gold in his events.

Our house was yelling as well! Watching him catch that pompous frog and pass him was Da Bomb!!! All I can say is WOW!!!! Just WOW!!!

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Yes!!!!!!

That was awesome!!!!

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

I didn't know you could "hump it" in the freestyle relay, but USA's anchor was "humping it"!
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    I didn't know you could "hump it" in the freestyle relay, but USA's anchor was "humping it"!
    I'm still pumped up Pix. That just made the whole Olympics for me. NOTHING beats the American spirit. NEVER DOUBT IT. I want to run through a BRICK WALL right now.

WOO!!

I am still pumped. Where Hacksaw Jim Duggan at?!

USA! USA! USA!

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    It's a swimmers version of drafting. If you watch it again look for him to get real close to the lane of the French swimmer.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

It was amazing. I have never seen anything like that before.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Varsity Bulldog bayouboyz is just really nicebayouboyz is just really nicebayouboyz is just really nicebayouboyz is just really nicebayouboyz is just really nicebayouboyz is just really nicebayouboyz is just really nicebayouboyz is just really nice

I stayed up to watch it because they mentioned the French were trash-talking about smashing the Americans in this race. I normally don't get too excited during swimming events - but with about 25 meters to go and Lezak closing the gap, I jumped off the sofa and was screaming at the top of my lungs for this guy and the team and for USA! What a moment. And to see the French guy's face at the end was priceless!

After the race, one of French swimmers was quoted as saying, "A fingertip did the victory, it is nothing."

Guess which fingertip it was...LOL!

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

It was awesome. If the trash talking hadn't have happened I would not have stayed up so I thank the French for making jackasses of themselves and allowing me to witness this awesome race.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    It was awesome. If the trash talking hadn't have happened I would not have stayed up so I thank the French for making jackasses of themselves and allowing me to witness this awesome race.

Don't you know Bush especially enjoyed seeing that one, up close and personal, after all of the crap France has given us during his 2 terms.

Champ Reckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud of Reckless Abandon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Don't you know Bush especially enjoyed seeing that one, up close and personal, after all of the crap France has given us during his 2 terms.
    Did y'all see how LeBron James greeted GHWB before their game? "What's up, pops?"

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcs...s_bush_41.html

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

What type of life event do you think a man would have to endure before he can convince himself that it is a GOOD idea to participate in a synchronized sport, particularly synchronized diving?
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    What type of life event do you think a man would have to endure before he can convince himself that it is a GOOD idea to participate in a synchronized sport, particularly synchronized diving?

Is there such a thing as MIOCD?

Mirror Image Obsessive Compulsive Disorder?

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

This NBC color --female-- commentator . . . not!
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Is there such a thing as MIOCD?

Mirror Image Obsessive Compulsive Disorder?
    Funny you mention it. I've never been attracted to synchronized sports, but I have this strange, mystical relationship with palindromes. Every time my odometer produces one, I get, well, moved. Like the feeling a lot of people get when they see an exceptionally beautiful sunset? I get that when my odometer gives me a palindrome.

+ Reply to Thread