+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why I am NOT voting democrat or republican......

Champ Spinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant future Spinoza's Avatar

Why I am NOT voting democrat or republican......

I do not understand......
    How any sane individual with even a modicum of common sense could vote for any politician by relying on party affiliation as a primary consideration in determining personal "choice"!

TO VOTE BY PARTY......
    One must assume that ONLY their prefered party has:
    ALL the best candidates......
    ALL the best intellects......
    ALL the more honest gentlemen and ladies......
    ALL the more dedicated defenders of our democracy......
    ALL the best potential leaders......
    And ALL the best of everything else that may be IMPORTANT for EVERY office on ANY involved ballot.
    HOW COULD THAT BE EVEN CLOSE TO POSSIBLE?
    I know that you believe you understand what you think I said...... But I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Why I am NOT voting democrat or republican......

So your the kind that just wants to sit back and bitch saying, "Hey, I didn't vote for him as President".
    Your probably a bandwagon fan in sports as well.

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spinoza View Post
    I do not understand......
    How any sane individual with even a modicum of common sense could vote for any politician by relying on party affiliation as a primary consideration in determining personal "choice"!

TO VOTE BY PARTY......
    One must assume that ONLY their prefered party has:
    ALL the best candidates......
    ALL the best intellects......
    ALL the more honest gentlemen and ladies......
    ALL the more dedicated defenders of our democracy......
    ALL the best potential leaders......
    And ALL the best of everything else that may be IMPORTANT for EVERY office on ANY involved ballot.
    HOW COULD THAT BE EVEN CLOSE TO POSSIBLE?
    Amen brother. Biggest downfall of democracy is the monopoly the two party system enjoys (and molest).

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    Amen brother. Biggest downfall of democracy is the monopoly the two party system enjoys (and molest).
    That we all agree with but there is no other logical choice, again this November.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    So your the kind that just wants to sit back and bitch saying, "Hey, I didn't vote for him as President".
    Your probably a bandwagon fan in sports as well.
    I think Spin is saying his vote will not be BASED on party affiliation even ife he votes for McCain or Obama.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

It's not party affiation for me either, however by and large there are more things in the Republican platform that I agree with than the Democrate. Therefore I tend to vote Republican because my choices are limited. As the differences between the two parties continues to blur it gets harder and harder to pull the lever.

Quote Originally Posted by GonzoDawg View Post
    It's not party affiation for me either, however by and large there are more things in the Republican platform that I agree with than the Democrate. Therefore I tend to vote Republican because my choices are limited. As the differences between the two parties continues to blur it gets harder and harder to pull the lever.
    I agree with your first sentence. The last creates a problem for me as I see the party differences become more dramatic this election year and probably those in the future; not blurring.

Champ Spinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant future Spinoza's Avatar

I was planning to discuss......
    Party platforms and party histories in my lead missive, but I opted to wait for the probability that some other author would venture first where I intended to tread.
    THANK YOU!

The problem with party "platforms"......
    Is that they are ABSOLUTELY MEANINGLESS.

Consider the following......
    In mere tip of the iconoclast iceberg fashion.

The primary reason the democrats regained control of our pathetic congress in 2006 was their SCREAMING PARTY PLANK to a disillusioned and frustrated electorate that nancy and her minions would END THE WAR. And then there was all that other political pabulum about THEIR FIRST 100 MOMENTS WITH POWER. That was over 600 democratic "platform" days ago.
    DAH!!!!!

In 2004......
    little george and his republican lads RETAINED POWER on their "platform" of sooner rather than later success in Iraq, anti-terrorist expertise, an economy prepared to bloom over previously demontrated fiscal irresponsibility...... AND the lure of reversing Roe v. Wade with the same efficacious effort that produced unbelievable tax cuts for America's WEALTHIEST ONE PERCENT.
    DAH!!!!!

In 2000......
    little george and his merry republican lads GAINED POWER with the following major republican party "platform" planks.
    Reverse Roe v. Wade......
    Reduce taxes......
    Return to federal fiscal responsibility......
    Refuse to use America's military in ANY action "without a clear and obvious EXIT STRATEGY...... Thus once spake little george (the candidate) in response the republican opposition to Slick Willie's efforts in the Balkans.
    Revisit "trickle-down" with a voo-doo vengeance.
    DAH!!!!!!

In 1992......
    And AGAIN in 1996, without so much as a shadow of shame......
    Slick Willie stumping for power with THE ABSOLUTE PROMISE/"platform" plank of decent HEALTHCARE for EVERY American.
    DAH!!!!!!

It's late for me and my empty beer bottles......
    So I'll exit my PARTY PLATFORM pulpit for now......
    And give you or any other dawg the opportunity to PROVE the actual MEANING of ANY party PLATFORM preference to your personal satisfaction.

Until later, if you wish to keep playing......
    Cheers.
    I know that you believe you understand what you think I said...... But I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Spin ... I know of an outstanding candidate who could use your support.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    Spin ... I know of an outstanding candidate who could use your support.
    If you love you some government.
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    If you love you some government.
    Yeah ... I'm fine with it.

The more politicos the better is what I always say.

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

I have been a registered Republican for as long as I have been able to vote. But I am considering changing to Independent. I certainly agree more with the Republican party philosophically, but their execution on the national scene has been deplorable. They didn't do, as a party, what I voted them in to do. When it came to spending, they have been as bad as the Democrats.

Me changing to Independent changes nothing other than allowing me to register my dissatisfaction with the party. And that might make me feel a little better about the whole screwed up mess.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spinoza View Post
    I was planning to discuss......
    Party platforms and party histories in my lead missive, but I opted to wait for the probability that some other author would venture first where I intended to tread.
    THANK YOU!

The problem with party "platforms"......
    Is that they are ABSOLUTELY MEANINGLESS.

Consider the following......
    In mere tip of the iconoclast iceberg fashion.

The primary reason the democrats regained control of our pathetic congress in 2006 was their SCREAMING PARTY PLANK to a disillusioned and frustrated electorate that nancy and her minions would END THE WAR. And then there was all that other political pabulum about THEIR FIRST 100 MOMENTS WITH POWER. That was over 600 democratic "platform" days ago.
    DAH!!!!!

In 2004......
    little george and his republican lads RETAINED POWER on their "platform" of sooner rather than later success in Iraq, anti-terrorist expertise, an economy prepared to bloom over previously demontrated fiscal irresponsibility...... AND the lure of reversing Roe v. Wade with the same efficacious effort that produced unbelievable tax cuts for America's WEALTHIEST ONE PERCENT.
    DAH!!!!!

In 2000......
    little george and his merry republican lads GAINED POWER with the following major republican party "platform" planks.
    Reverse Roe v. Wade......
    Reduce taxes......
    Return to federal fiscal responsibility......
    Refuse to use America's military in ANY action "without a clear and obvious EXIT STRATEGY...... Thus once spake little george (the candidate) in response the republican opposition to Slick Willie's efforts in the Balkans.
    Revisit "trickle-down" with a voo-doo vengeance.
    DAH!!!!!!

In 1992......
    And AGAIN in 1996, without so much as a shadow of shame......
    Slick Willie stumping for power with THE ABSOLUTE PROMISE/"platform" plank of decent HEALTHCARE for EVERY American.
    DAH!!!!!!

It's late for me and my empty beer bottles......
    So I'll exit my PARTY PLATFORM pulpit for now......
    And give you or any other dawg the opportunity to PROVE the actual MEANING of ANY party PLATFORM preference to your personal satisfaction.

Until later, if you wish to keep playing......
    Cheers.

I can't say that I disagree, however when left to such few options I try to make a choice none the less. There is no way I could opt for a candidate that comes from a party that supports the redistribution of wealth, abortion, gun control, etc.

What are the other options? Until we have a Libertarian candidate that has a snowballs chance of getting elected I will continue to vote Republican. Even though this election cycle the Republican is a Democrat.

I can't say that I disagree, however when left to such few options I try to make a choice none the less. There is no way I could opt for a candidate that comes from a party that supports the redistribution of wealth, abortion, gun control, etc.

What are the other options? Until we have a Libertarian candidate that has a snowballs chance of getting elected I will continue to vote Republican. Even though this election cycle the Republican is a Democrat.

Very well put!

+ Reply to Thread