+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Any report on Rattay

Champ Poisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the rough Poisso3's Avatar
    Ellisville, MO (30 miles West of St. Louis)

Re: Any report on Rattay

Tags work both ways. Big name players have the positive tags attached to them, even when they haven't preformed at that level for a few seasons. Jeff Garcia comes to mind. As Maddawg said, Chucky is partly to blame for Tim being tagged as having a weak arm. Funny, Chucky was also the one that said that he should have been starting Tim and not just for the last few games when they were basically dead in the standings. When guys like Chad Pennington and Kurt Warner can still get starting jobs, it's maddening to know Tim can't even find a backup spot on a roster.

If I remember correctly, Bobby Gray was tagged as injury prone after getting injured his second season and never got more than a look from the Bills when he got better. John Simon was tagged as too small.

Since Timmy isn't playing right now, is there any chance he could be at the game this Saturday?

Champ MICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant future

[QUOTE=Ken_Horndawgs;645479]
    Quote Originally Posted by MICKEYS14 View Post
    Spoke at length with Tim today. He is at home in Phoenix, helping his dad with the high school team, staying in shape for a potential call-up. He is doing fine.

After speaking with Tim, I called his agent, Jim Steiner, who also represented my son Bobby many years ago. Jim was also the agent for Pat Tilley for many years. I asked Jim why Tim has not been able to catch on with a team & he told me the "tag" was out on Tim around the league that he has a "weak arm." I have discussed with you before how the NFL "tags" players that are not headline guys. For example, the tag currently attached to our Ryan Moats is "fumbler." Tags are NOT good things for a player. In any case, I gave Steiner 21 days to find a home for Tim--21 days or else we put a contract on him.[/quote]

Who is we?
    BB&B----who else?

Champ MICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by Poisso3 View Post
    Tags work both ways. Big name players have the positive tags attached to them, even when they haven't preformed at that level for a few seasons. Jeff Garcia comes to mind. As Maddawg said, Chucky is partly to blame for Tim being tagged as having a weak arm. Funny, Chucky was also the one that said that he should have been starting Tim and not just for the last few games when they were basically dead in the standings. When guys like Chad Pennington and Kurt Warner can still get starting jobs, it's maddening to know Tim can't even find a backup spot on a roster.

If I remember correctly, Bobby Gray was tagged as injury prone after getting injured his second season and never got more than a look from the Bills when he got better. John Simon was tagged as too small.

Since Timmy isn't playing right now, is there any chance he could be at the game this Saturday?
    His dad's high school team opens the new season on Friday & Tim will be there assisting him.

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

Wow. I can see how a player like curt warner could slip through tv cracks for most of his career. You get a bad tag and it sounds as if your screwed

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Sounds like Tim might bet getting a chance. I heard tonight on ESPN Radio that Tim Rattay and Chris Simms have been asked by the Patriots to come in for a workout. Coach Mick you heard anything on this? Any inside information would be greatly appreciated because I really could use a starting QB in my fantasy football league.

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752 View Post
    Sounds like Tim might bet getting a chance. I heard tonight on ESPN Radio that Tim Rattay and Chris Simms have been asked by the Patriots to come in for a workout. Coach Mick you heard anything on this? Any inside information would be greatly appreciated because I really could use a starting QB in my fantasy football league.
    Check thread in football forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752 View Post
    Heard from his wife Allison this morning. Tim is there & will work out for the Pats at 11 am (EST) this morning---10 am CST. Please pray that Tim will make a positive impression. Thank you.

Champ Poisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the rough Poisso3's Avatar

Saw the breaking news last night on ESPN. How interesting is it that the team that flipped a coin to choose between Tim and Brady might actually sign Tim anyway. I do wish him good luck in beating out Simms!

Saw the breaking news last night on ESPN. How interesting is it that the team that flipped a coin to choose between Tim and Brady might actually sign Tim anyway. I do wish him good luck in beating out Simms!
    The NFL is a cold, cruel, heartless league. Tim & Chis Simms arrived at the Patriots work facility this morning & were told, "The situation has changed, we do not need you to work out." So, they sent them back to the airport for a return trip home.

At the airport, Tim got a call from his agent, Jim Steiner, & Jim told Tim the Chiefs wanted him to come in for a workout. So, Tim is flying from Boston to Kansas City today for a workout with the Chiefs tomorrow.

Please be patient---this is all going to work out for our guy sooner or later.

The NFL is a cold, cruel, heartless league. Tim & Chis Simms arrived at the Patriots work facility this morning & were told, "The situation has changed, we do not need you to work out." So, they sent them back to the airport for a return trip home.

At the airport, Tim got a call from his agent, Jim Steiner, & Jim told Tim the Chiefs wanted him to come in for a workout. So, Tim is flying from Boston to Kansas City today for a workout with the Chiefs tomorrow.

Please be patient---this is all going to work out for our guy sooner or later.
    Coach, what the heck? I mean, Brady is out for the season, so are the Pats just running with 2 QBs now? What is the situation in KC? I don't care where Tim goes as long as it is somewhere where he can make a differance.

Coach, what the heck? I mean, Brady is out for the season, so are the Pats just running with 2 QBs now? What is the situation in KC? I don't care where Tim goes as long as it is somewhere where he can make a differance.
    Seems as if the Pats are going to try to bring Culpepper in---they think they need a STARTER! Culpepper broke down 3 years ago & has not recovered--he just announced his "retirement" last week. The Pats, in my opinion, are making a terrible mistake.

The Chiefs starter, Brody Croyle from Alabama, injured his throwing shoulder yesterday. Sounds like a separation. So, Tim supposedly will get his chance with Herman Edwards & the Chiefs tomorrow morning.

Coach, if you talk to Tim, tell him we wish him good luck!

Coach, if you talk to Tim, tell him we wish him good luck!
    Rest assured he knows his Tech "boys" are behind him & pulling for him to catch on somewhere. I really believe its going to happen--may not be this week BUT, it WILL happen. OUR GUY is too GOOD to be sitting at home!

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Rest assured he knows his Tech "boys" are behind him & pulling for him to catch on somewhere. I really believe its going to happen--may not be this week BUT, it WILL happen. OUR GUY is too GOOD to be sitting at home!
    Coach what is the minimum Tim can make in his contract? Is that the reason why he hasn't landed on with a team yet?

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Seems as if the Pats are going to try to bring Culpepper in---they think they need a STARTER! Culpepper broke down 3 years ago & has not recovered--he just announced his "retirement" last week. The Pats, in my opinion, are making a terrible mistake.

The Chiefs starter, Brody Croyle from Alabama, injured his throwing shoulder yesterday. Sounds like a separation. So, Tim supposedly will get his chance with Herman Edwards & the Chiefs tomorrow morning.
    they do need a starter. i heard this morning the guy they have now has not started a game since high school. too bad they don't know that tim IS a starter. their loss.

+ Reply to Thread