+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Any report on Rattay

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Any report on Rattay

I see where San Fran. is looking as well.

Champ MICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752 View Post
    Coach what is the minimum Tim can make in his contract? Is that the reason why he hasn't landed on with a team yet?
    I think his minimum salary range is now in the $500K+ range---the NFL is AWASH in $ so I do not think his minimum salary plays a role now in what happens to Tim.

Champ MICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant future

Tim started in Kansas City this morning with an extended physical exam & a 2-hour visit with the QB Coach & the OC. I view this as good signs. He will work out for the Chiefs this afternoon at 1 pm. Keep praying for OUR GUY!

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MICKEYS14 View Post
    Tim started in Kansas City this morning with an extended physical exam & a 2-hour visit with the QB Coach & the OC. I view this as good signs. He will work out for the Chiefs this afternoon at 1 pm. Keep praying for OUR GUY!
    This is great news.

Puppy EndlessDennis has turned a few heads around hereEndlessDennis has turned a few heads around here

That is good news. Thanks for the updates Mick. It feels awesome knowing these things before ESPN.

Since Brodie's injury isn't season threatening, will that mean a short stay in KC for Tim or do you think he'll stay for the season? I know Brodie has durability issues... and doesn't seem to be that good anyway, so I'm hoping Tim can catch on there for a while. Rattay to Bowe.

Quote Originally Posted by EndlessDennis View Post
    That is good news. Thanks for the updates Mick. It feels awesome knowing these things before ESPN.

Since Brodie's injury isn't season threatening, will that mean a short stay in KC for Tim or do you think he'll stay for the season? I know Brodie has durability issues... and doesn't seem to be that good anyway, so I'm hoping Tim can catch on there for a while. Rattay to Bowe.
    ED-the one thing that I have learned in trying to figure out what NFL teams will do, short-term or long-term, is that they ususally end up doing exactly opposite of what I thought they would do.

Champ NathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond repute NathanDarby's Avatar

ED-the one thing that I have learned in trying to figure out what NFL teams will do, short-term or long-term, is that they ususally end up doing exactly opposite of what I thought they would do.
    I am far, far from a football genius, but I have had similar thoughts over the years as well about why they make some of the choices they do.

I must admit I really don't follow the NFL too closely, other than paying attention to where guys I know are playing, so I am not really clear on the business and administrative aspects of the league. So who, exactly, is it that makes these decisions (like with Tim) for most NFL teams? The coaches? The owners? The GM? A combination of all of the above?

Quote Originally Posted by NathanDarby View Post
    I am far, far from a football genius, but I have had similar thoughts over the years as well about why they make some of the choices they do.

I must admit I really don't follow the NFL too closely, other than paying attention to where guys I know are playing, so I am not really clear on the business and administrative aspects of the league. So who, exactly, is it that makes these decisions (like with Tim) for most NFL teams? The coaches? The owners? The GM? A combination of all of the above?
    In this case, where injuries are involved at key positions, it would be the coaches plus the personnel, plus the general manager. The coaches would make their recommendation after the physical & workout, personnel would be searching for one or more others to bring in if the guy the coaches recommended balked at the deal, &, if all approved, the general manager would make the offer in concert with what he has left under the cap. I do not believe the owner would ever be involved in a deal like this.

What could be the deal-breaker? Could be length of the contract and what, if anything, is guaranteed; could of course be the amount of $; could be the terms of the deal (backup or emergency QB or practice squad), could be any number of other intangibles.

I just want our guy to get a JOB & stack another year in his retirement. At this stage of Tim's career, YEARS mean BIG $ for his future retirement income which he can begin drawing at ages 45-55-or 65.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

I always thought it was dependent on the organization, like Bill Parcells for example. Rather he is coach, GM, or whatever, he will have a large say. Probably the reason him and Jerry Jones did not make it work because Jerry is an owner who likes to have his say. Of course, I havent heard of most owners, but the ones you do hear of are the ones that make football decisions (ie Jones or that guy in Detroit who is notorious for terrible decisions). If I were to guess, it is different for each team, so a combo of all three with different power structure at each team.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Hey, Admins, could this thread be merged with the other one for simplicity's sake? Thanks.

Champ NathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond repute NathanDarby's Avatar

I just want our guy to get a JOB & stack another year in his retirement. At this stage of Tim's career, YEARS mean BIG $ for his future retirement income which he can begin drawing at ages 45-55-or 65.
    If a player only plays for part of a season, as may be the case with Tim this year, does that count for an entire year as far as the retirement goes? Do you have to be on the roster for a minimum number of games, or if you are there for one game do you get credit for the whole year?

If a player only plays for part of a season, as may be the case with Tim this year, does that count for an entire year as far as the retirement goes? Do you have to be on the roster for a minimum number of games, or if you are there for one game do you get credit for the whole year?
    FOUR GAMES on the active roster constitutes a full year. Anything less means zip.

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Warning Re: Any report on Rattay

Coach - Or what it makes SENSE to do!! Tim is certainly starting QB material & has done so earlier in his career so he's just GOTTA catch on somewhere.
    I'm in Alexandria & know the family of Craig Nall ( former LSU & NSU QB ) & he's also been contacted by some teams to work out for them. Guess so much of this is chance & decisions because had Craig ( yes, I know this thread is about Tim so I'll make this brief ) remained in Green Bay, he'd be backing up Rodgers instead of looking for work.

Gene
    Last edited by Mean Gene; 09-09-2008 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mean Gene View Post
    Coach - Or what it makes SENSE to do!! Tim is certainly starting QB material & has done so earlier in his career so he's just GOTTA catch on somewhere.
    I'm in Alexandria & know the family of Craig Nall ( former LSU & NSU QB ) & he's also been contacted by some teams to work out for them. Guess so much of this is chance & decisions because had Craig ( yes, I know this thread is about Tim but I'll make this brief ) remained in Green Bay, he'd be backing up Rodgers instead of looking for work.

Gene
    What did he do Gene, follow the $? I happened to play with his dad, Herman Nall, at Bolton High School in the late 50's (I think that's Craig's dad).

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

I think Craig's dad's name is Malcolm...maybe he used to go by Herman.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

+ Reply to Thread