+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: McCain Supports Military Draft

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Re: McCain Supports Military Draft

Quote Originally Posted by Luminaire View Post
    Seriously, if the world were ever in a global-level conflict necessitating immediate amplification of American forces...hell, draft me. I'll do my part.

What's wrong with a draft, in that situation?
    I think the main problem is that there is, unfortunately, a notable qualitative difference between a "volunteer" army and a conscripted one. This is not in any way to detract from those who have served our country after being pressed into service, but the fact is that drafted soldiers have tended to be more likely to be injured or to develop chronic psychological problems than "professional" soldiers. Historically, you use only implement a draft when you are expecting heavy casualties. Modern military tactics focus on minimizing casualties (not that previous generations didn't care about that, but it is much more a focus in our technicolor world of 24-hour news coverage). Bottom line, though, is that commanders would rather not field conscripts.

It is my understanding that the military is moving to a model that allows for quicker, lighter, more laser-focused tactical strikes to diminish opposing forces without having to commit heavy troops. The personnel-heavy end, then, becomes occupation/peacekeeping. I guess, theoretically, we could draft peacekeepers after a wide-scale conflict, but I kind of doubt it.

Champ daybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time daybreaker2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yarfunkle View Post
    But not old enough to be respectful to other individuals?:icon_wink:
    You'll learn real fast that there are people who will never listen to any facts at all. Usually when backed in to a corner, they resort to name calling, or bring up Bill Clinton. If you see anyone calling Obama "Hussein Osama" or "Osamabama" theyre one of the ones not worth wasting any brain power on, because they have long ago given up trying to exert any brain power of their own.
    "To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by daybreaker2 View Post
    You'll learn real fast that there are people who will never listen to any facts at all.
    looking into a mirror?

because they have long ago given up trying to exert any brain power of their own.
    seriously, I've seen nothing from you that would give me the opinion that you're even a marginal candidate for Mensa

Big Dog Yarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Spinoza View Post
    More than a few dawgs......
    Boycott EVERYTHING that does not fit conviently into their conservative crapper.
    And they routinely condemn considering BOTH SIDES as the most evil liberal sin...... Even worse than dreams of sodomy in an airport men's room, or very cold cash in a congressional freezer.

How I envy your entrance into this forum.
    DEvil has already ATTACKED you with her usual vacuous "TROLL" tripe...... And she even felt the NEED to add an inane "IDIOT'' to her southern belle breach of hospitality.
    PLUS...... A "NUMBNUTS" from Cartek!

VERY IMPRESSIVE!

Cheers.
    Thank you. Although it may seem like it since my stay so far has been quite turbulent, I didn't join here to ruffle feathers, but to try to have intelligent conversation with other (hopefully) like-minded individuals that attend my school.

I like to research everything myself, and make my own descisions, as I think EVERYONE should. But.. sometimes you can't help everyone.

Big Dog Yarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the rough

You'll learn real fast that there are people who will never listen to any facts at all. Usually when backed in to a corner, they resort to name calling, or bring up Bill Clinton. If you see anyone calling Obama "Hussein Osama" or "Osamabama" theyre one of the ones not worth wasting any brain power on, because they have long ago given up trying to exert any brain power of their own.
    Well when they bring up Bill Clinton, you can tell them that McCain had an affair too

I hear you about the Osamabama and other nicknames, I think the whole name calling in general is B.S. (McSame, McLame.. anything like that)

Thank you for the info, I'll watch my step (or cause some discourse, depending on how my mood is)

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Thank you. Although it may seem like it since my stay so far has been quite turbulent, I didn't join here to ruffle feathers, but to try to have intelligent conversation with other (hopefully) like-minded individuals that attend my school.

I like to research everything myself, and make my own descisions, as I think EVERYONE should. But.. sometimes you can't help everyone.
    Woah, you're a student?

Don't take it the wrong way, but you have an older writing style. I would've guessed 40s/50s.

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

But not old enough to be respectful to other individuals?:icon_wink:
    Respect is earned, not given. Your first post was weak, like most of Spinoza's posts. Spinoza posts to stroke his intellect. I generally post exactly what I think and to make sure I piss people off.
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

I hear you about the Osamabama and other nicknames, I think the whole name calling in general is B.S. (McSame, McLame.. anything like that)

Thank you for the info, I'll watch my step (or cause some discourse, depending on how my mood is)
    Hum... I see where you like to call one a goon on BB&B.
    http://www.latechbbb.com/forum/showt...621#post643621

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Hum... I see where you like to call one a goon on BB&B.
    http://www.latechbbb.com/forum/showt...621#post643621
    That was directed at an individual whose posts I have ran across.. seems to be that of a pundit.. I was referring to candidates in general. Sorry for the confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Luminaire View Post
    Woah, you're a student?

Don't take it the wrong way, but you have an older writing style. I would've guessed 40s/50s.
    No, it's cool. I've been told similar things in the past.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Screw a draft...

Conscription is the way to go... 2 years of service, then you're done, unless a MAJOR war (i.e. WW3) occurs, then you are called up again (or your service continues past 2 years).

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DogtorEvil View Post
    and BHO is going to add 65,000 to the military
    Sarcasm?

He's in favor of cutting the military in half, or more.... One thing Bush did right was correct the mistake his father and Clinton made...

Quote Originally Posted by CARTEK View Post
    Respect is earned, not given. Your first post was weak, like most of Spinoza's posts. Spinoza posts to stroke his intellect. I generally post exactly what I think and to make sure I piss people off.
    Personal attacks all the time.. there is just no objective viewpoint with you, man.

Also, I don't get my feathers ruffled easily, so don't add another notch to your belt so soon.

Champ daybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time daybreaker2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DogtorEvil View Post
    seriously, I've seen nothing from you that would give me the opinion that you're even a marginal candidate for Mensa
    Come on now. When people are actually having a REAL discussion, I'll join in, and its pretty obvious that everyone is actually discussing facts, researching, and thinking.

But, as is more often the case, when someone is just spouting stubborn, re-hashed Fox News talking points, and have shown a history of NEVER posting any kind of intelligent discourse, of course I'm not going to waste time showing where theyre wrong, because theyll never admit it, so I just play their game and throw out the most recent stuff I've read on DailyKOS.
    "To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Rus-La View Post
    Screw a draft...

Conscription is the way to go... 2 years of service, then you're done, unless a MAJOR war (i.e. WW3) occurs, then you are called up again (or your service continues past 2 years).
    I've posted on here a few times before that I am all for mandatory service. At the very least, 2 years of National Guard duty. After graduating high school, you take a few weeks in the summer, and go to boot camp. Then, if you dont go to college you can do the normal national guard duty for two years, or go to college, and do one weekend of duty every month (and a full 2 weeks every summer) for the whole 4 years.

The only issue with mandatory service would be the politicians who will definitely throw in some kind of loophole, both for their kids, and the kids of wealthy backers who will no doubt donate loads of money to get that loophole thrown in.

+ Reply to Thread