+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Dooley Names Bennett Starter - latechsports.com

Champ kdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the rough

Re: Dooley Names Bennett Starter - latechsports.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    B/c we have a 5th year senior is a smart guy who has played in big games and big stadiums the last 2 years. I would be uncomfortable with it if he transferrd w/ no expereince playing. Don't get mad when he throws a pic, b/c he will. Its how he bounces back from it on the next series that you will see his leadership. We will be alot better than last year. Not bashing Champion, he did the best that he could. Bennett will be the game manager that we need this year.

He also GRADUATED from GT in 4 years........He "has it between the ears" so to speak! He has played teams with the speed MSU has and won. I agree with Rooster on this one! I am worried about our DL more than anything!

Champ 96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough 96bulldog's Avatar

When I look at Bennett's stats from last year (162-of-327, 2,136 yards, 7 touchdowns and 9 interceptions), I think more along the lines of 2,136 yards and only 9 INTs. That's only one INT per 36 pass attempts. I can definitely live with that.

What I can't live with, however, is the 49.5% completion rate. That'll kill us if he doesn't significantly improve that number. The good news, however, is that during the three fall scrimmages he was 59-of-100 for 681 yards and 5 touchowns (interceptions were uncertain because there were two INTs thrown in the first scrimmage but weren't publicly attributed to anyone).

I am excited to see how Taylor does!

Champ louisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the rough

I hope jenkins gets a little playing time this season. Maybe we'll blow some schools out and he can come in and do some real game managing for us. It would be great for him to come in next season with game experience.

Bennett avg a qb rating of 109.54 last season, not as good as zac, but look, the only bad game, and it was a bad one, was against VT, with 4 int. To look on the bright side that was his only multi int game of the season last year. That is playing against the likes of georgia, miami, maryland, clemson, virginia, vt. If he can get the td production bumped up by 6-7 tds, maybe even throwing one td more a game, we should be fine. He should too, I think our te's are overlooked and could be a strong release valve for the qb this game. Gaining us 6 to even 15 yards, giving us another dimension to our offense.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by louisiana_dog View Post
    I hope jenkins gets a little playing time this season. Maybe we'll blow some schools out and he can come in and do some real game managing for us. It would be great for him to come in next season with game experience.

Bennett avg a qb rating of 109.54 last season, not as good as zac, but look, the only bad game, and it was a bad one, was against VT, with 4 int. To look on the bright side that was his only multi int game of the season last year. That is playing against the likes of georgia, miami, maryland, clemson, virginia, vt. If he can get the td production bumped up by 6-7 tds, maybe even throwing one td more a game, we should be fine. He should too, I think our te's are overlooked and could be a strong release valve for the qb this game. Gaining us 6 to even 15 yards, giving us another dimension to our offense.
    Now you guys see why I am worried ?????

Remember I am making no predictions or saying he is going to be a bad QB. Some of you just have A LOT of confidence in a qb who had a less than 50% completion percentage, threw more INT's than TD's last year and who none of us have ever seen throw a pass in a Bulldog uniform before.

I'm not saying it isn't going to happen. I just want to see it first.

Oh and before someone tells me how he doesn't have to be Terry, Tim or Luke because he just has to "manage the game" I just want to let you know up front that I agree except I don't consider more int's than TD's and a less than 50% completion rate "managing the game"

All I am saying is: Let's just see before we declare our passing game improved and say that we aren't worried about the qb position.

No one hopes Taylor has a great season more than I do. I hope he tears it up!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread