+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Motorcycles...who rides?

Big Dog honker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the rough

Re: Motorcycles...who rides?

After an incident with a black lab and my dual-sport bike in December, mine is for sale. Anyone interested, I will make them a good deal?

Champ TulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her game TulsaDawg's Avatar

I used to have a motorcycle and even bought one for my son. But, after seeing the results of a guy hitting the back of a semi-truck trailer here in Tulsa, I have changed my tune. He was young and on a crotch rocket going over 100 when he stuck his head into the door of the trailer. Of course the helmet made no difference at that speed.
    Go Tech!

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

I've had bikes all of my life but lost two of my good buddies to them and had a pretty good tangle myself and will never get on one again. They will hurt or kill you...period. I passed a wreck on 49 coming back from NO a good while back and the cops hadn't arrived/covered the bike riders body yet and I had to pull over a ways down the road to let my wife "be ill" because the body was so mangled and in a distorted position as we passed by. Think about it-just one screw/bolt/or something breaks and you go down..not to mention the fact that nobody looks for or sees you when you're on one.
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Big Dog Pitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the rough Pitcherjlt's Avatar

Seems to me that the "risk" vs the "reward" is too great! I know how many people pull out in front of me or cut me off and slam on the brakes in my truck - not to mention something like an animal, a piece of the road, a shredded tire, etc ... getting in the way. But I know there are many people out there who are diehard bikers and you have to respect their decision. Hope those of you who ride are able to stay out of harm's way.

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

Motorcycles are dangerous. I drove one while attending college and had a couple of close calls. Still have my d.l. endorsement and a '73 BMW sitting in my garage/storage building with dry-rotted tires.

"All roads lead to Putin" -- Thomas Jefferson

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

The more things change...the more they stay the same. Found a really good deal on a old Honda (still trying to make a decision). My reasons for wanting one have changed...as has my station in life. More than anything, I'd love to be able to "clear my head" after a tough day's work.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

Dont do it johnny!

I saw the aftermath of a motorcycle vs a car today on my way home. Based on the bystanders i dont think the biker survived.

Very sad.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    The more things change...the more they stay the same. Found a really good deal on a old Honda (still trying to make a decision). My reasons for wanting one have changed...as has my station in life. More than anything, I'd love to be able to "clear my head" after a tough day's work.
    A riding lawnmower is much safer and cheaper...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

I'm ashamed to say the closest I come to a motorcycle is a Miata with the top down.
    It's time to close the doors to the Temple of Janus.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Well...I could certainly get excited about one of those zero radius turn mowers!

But man, this looks like it'd be a whole lotta fun:

image.jpg
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    A riding lawnmower is much safer and cheaper...
    An you can ride yo honey an yo keids to de tailgate on dat, cher.

+ Reply to Thread