+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Don't forget

Champ TECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really nice TECHAJUN's Avatar

Re: Don't forget

bump and grind

Champ TECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really nice TECHAJUN's Avatar

BY the way....Fred Dean will be the featured former Tech player tonite...not on the phone but in person at Log Cabin...

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Emailed my question in.

Why is game time 1:30 for the last three home games?
    In case they don't get to it toinght, they are not on tv so we set the time and it is called payback for playing as late as possible when we go to hawaii, Fresno, SJSU,etc. It is brutal on us and so playing early for them when they travel will be the same thing. Payback.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gooddawg View Post
    In case they don't get to it toinght, they are not on tv so we set the time and it is called payback for playing as late as possible when we go to hawaii, Fresno, SJSU,etc. It is brutal on us and so playing early for them when they travel will be the same thing. Payback.
    So this year we are punishing Fresno (10:30 their time) along with Utah State and Nevada. I don't recall the game time when we played at Utah State, but the Nevada game has always been in the afternoon when played there hasn't it? I do know that our fans are being punished by breaking tradition and not being allowed to tailgate pre-game. Many of them (me included) may miss parts of, or entire games due to the early start times. This was a dumb ass move on somebody's part.

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Don't forget to tune in for the show.

Champ Reddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of light

I missed the show. How was it?

I had emailed a question, but I don't know if they got to the email questions.

Thanks,
    RD
    We're gonna miss you dawgpound!

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TECHAJUN View Post
    BY the way....Fred Dean will be the featured former Tech player tonite...not on the phone but in person at Log Cabin...
    Not sure how it sounded over the air but unfortunately could not understand anything any of the guest said if you were there because of the feedback. Then I guess they turned down the sound because you couldn't understand Dave or Dooley either and I was sitting at the bar.

Big Dog SpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the rough SpaceDawg's Avatar

We showed up at 6:15 and couldn't get in the room. Ended up on the other side of the restaurant.

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

PACKED house, biggest crowd I have ever seen in 3 years.

Champ Reddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by Gooddawg View Post
    PACKED house, biggest crowd I have ever seen in 3 years.
    Did he answer any of the questions emailed in???

RD

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reddawg View Post

RD
    I was only able to catch the last few minutes, but someone asked what we were planning to do to offset the penalties since we led the WAC in that catagory last year. Dooley said that he was spoiled because programs he had been associated with in the past brought in officiating crews to call the penalites during practice (scrimmages?). At Tech we can't afford to do that. Sometimes coaches get so caught up in watching individual players that they miss mistakes by others. He has stressed to the coaching staff to do a better job of watching out for these mistakes.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reddawg View Post

RD
    One. Let's see. What was it? It was from Kent. What did Kent ask? Jason from the audience thanked Coach Dooley for all the improvements and then asked about freshmen. Then they had the one email question...oh oh oh about all the penalties last year and what has been done to correct that. That was the email question. They ran out of time.

Fred Dean was fantastic and I love love love Antonio Baker. We have some fine fine young men on our team. I loved it when Dave asked him if he follows college football other than playing for Tech. Antonio said "I don't follow nothin' but Louisiana Tech." That was awesome and the crowd went wild. I also love it that he picked us before anyone here ever took a look at him. Lucky us!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    I was only able to catch the last few minutes, but someone asked what we were planning to do to offset the penalties since we led the WAC in that catagory last year. Dooley said that he was spoiled because programs he had been associated with in the past brought in officiating crews to call the penalites during practice (scrimmages?). At Tech we can't afford to do that. Sometimes coaches get so caught up in watching individual players that they miss mistakes by others. He has stressed to the coaching staff to do a better job of watching out for these mistakes.
    MD,
    I know you had emailed about the 1:30 starts. I don't like those either.

I emailed about why his position changed on playing lsu. After last years game, he was vocal about not scheduleing those games. I agreed with that, and now they are back on the schedule. I wondered if that was becuase he is AD now. I also asked about the Tech Talk article on lsu. I also complimented him on how much better everything looks. I just wondered if he answered our questions.

See everyone about noon tomorrow.

RD

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgmatic View Post
    One. Let's see. What was it? It was from Kent. What did Kent ask? Jason from the audience thanked Coach Dooley for all the improvements and then asked about freshmen. Then they had the one email question...oh oh oh about all the penalties last year and what has been done to correct that. That was the email question. They ran out of time.

Fred Dean was fantastic and I love love love Antonio Baker. We have some fine fine young men on our team. I loved it when Dave asked him if he follows college football other than playing for Tech. Antonio said "I don't follow nothin' but Louisiana Tech." That was awesome and the crowd went wild. I also love it that he picked us before anyone here ever took a look at him. Lucky us!!!!
    My question was: "Coach Dooley, we were the most penalized team in the WAC last year. Did you change anything in your coaching strategy or practices to improve this area?"

Dooley said: Wow, you know it's football when you haven't started the season yet and fans are already on you for what happened last year. But, Ken is exactly right. We committed too many penalties last year. The last 7 years I didn't have to worry about that since we had full officiating crews at every practice. We'd get a penalty report at the end of each practice. At Tech we just can't find it in the budget to have a full crew at practices. We have to do a better job of policing this ourselves. It's easy to let it slip in practice because you are trying to coach something else and may not notice penalties.

Jay asked which of the freshman will see the field.

Dooley said:

DL: Longino may get in there (a little bit if it all)
    OL: Parrish might play if we have an injury (this surprised me)
    LB: Cole may play if Brannon and Nolan have injury problems
    WR: RP, Fiege, and Cruz

Dooley said we have 5 good guys at receiver and it's hard to decide who to play. Starting positions aren't locked in and can change after the MSU game. He said it's important to evaluate players under real game situations.

He also likes the word phenomenal.......a lot.

I also couldn't get in the restaurant.

He also likes the word phenomenal.......a lot.

Oh, no doubt.:icon_wink:

+ Reply to Thread