+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Don't forget

LaTech Occupy Gameday Czar! techfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to behold

Re: Don't forget

Anything said about Richie Casey? I figured with his speed he will see the field Saturday.

Champ JDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant future JDubyadawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    So this year we are punishing Fresno (10:30 their time) along with Utah State and Nevada. I don't recall the game time when we played at Utah State, but the Nevada game has always been in the afternoon when played there hasn't it? I do know that our fans are being punished by breaking tradition and not being allowed to tailgate pre-game. Many of them (me included) may miss parts of, or entire games due to the early start times. This was a dumb ass move on somebody's part.

I have also questioned this and if this is the reason for these oddball starting times - I agree, its a dumbass move and does hurt the fans. They could have at least waited until 3:00 p.m. to start. I know the coaches have to look for every advantage they can find in trying to win, so maybe those sitting on the eastside can take little mirrors and flash them into the eyes of the visiting teams eyes and blind them!

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techfan01 View Post
    Anything said about Richie Casey? I figured with his speed he will see the field Saturday.
    I was surprised Dooley didn't mention Casey. Maybe he's a secret weapon :P

Champ TECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really nice TECHAJUN's Avatar

thanks to everyone who came last night...
    unfortunately one of the big A/C units went down around 530 ...that will be fixed !!
    we did run out of room in the show area ...only way to fix is find larger venue or provide standing room only around the back...or open up doors to patio which will only work when it's cooler..

We are at a disadvantage in the sound area--no way to "test" the area --we tried an on air test at 530 and it was great---until we had about 65 people in the room...
    it's kinda like trying out an umbrella...works fine when it's not raining ...but it's got to rain to make sure it doesn't leak

There is a way to have no feed back but when Coach will talk by phone with former players in that segment no one in the resturant would be able to hear the player on the phone...last year we purchased 3 different pieces of no-feedback equipment and they really didn't live up to their promises....we are still working on some more ..

it's a work in progress but it's very enjoyable when there's a packed house

so sorry "glm" that you couldn't understand what was going on sitting at the bar...
    Fred doesn't speak very loud and when we tried to boost him we encountered the feedback....like I said it's impossible to test the situation - but we know now what we have NOW and we will work on it I promise...
    THANKS FOR LISTENING
    ED

Varsity Bulldog bayouboyz is just really nicebayouboyz is just really nicebayouboyz is just really nicebayouboyz is just really nicebayouboyz is just really nicebayouboyz is just really nicebayouboyz is just really nicebayouboyz is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by TECHAJUN View Post
    thanks to everyone who came last night...
    unfortunately one of the big A/C units went down around 530 ...that will be fixed !!
    we did run out of room in the show area ...only way to fix is find larger venue or provide standing room only around the back...or open up doors to patio which will only work when it's cooler..

We are at a disadvantage in the sound area--no way to "test" the area --we tried an on air test at 530 and it was great---until we had about 65 people in the room...
    it's kinda like trying out an umbrella...works fine when it's not raining ...but it's got to rain to make sure it doesn't leak

There is a way to have no feed back but when Coach will talk by phone with former players in that segment no one in the resturant would be able to hear the player on the phone...last year we purchased 3 different pieces of no-feedback equipment and they really didn't live up to their promises....we are still working on some more ..

it's a work in progress but it's very enjoyable when there's a packed house

so sorry "glm" that you couldn't understand what was going on sitting at the bar...
    Fred doesn't speak very loud and when we tried to boost him we encountered the feedback....like I said it's impossible to test the situation - but we know now what we have NOW and we will work on it I promise...
    THANKS FOR LISTENING
    ED
    I enjoyed the show on the radio and if I wasn't so pumped up from listening to DD talk then the feedback might have been irritating...but I hardly noticed it enough, especially enjoyed hearing a player's perspective! Nice young man, that Antonio Baker guy!

Champ JAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to behold

When will the show be archived?

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Horndawgs View Post
    My question was: "Coach Dooley, we were the most penalized team in the WAC last year. Did you change anything in your coaching strategy or practices to improve this area?"

Dooley said: Wow, you know it's football when you haven't started the season yet and fans are already on you for what happened last year. But, Ken is exactly right. We committed too many penalties last year. The last 7 years I didn't have to worry about that since we had full officiating crews at every practice. We'd get a penalty report at the end of each practice. At Tech we just can't find it in the budget to have a full crew at practices. We have to do a better job of policing this ourselves. It's easy to let it slip in practice because you are trying to coach something else and may not notice penalties.

Jay asked which of the freshman will see the field.

Dooley said:

DL: Longino may get in there (a little bit if it all)
    OL: Parrish might play if we have an injury (this surprised me)
    LB: Cole may play if Brannon and Nolan have injury problems
    WR: RP, Fiege, and Cruz

Dooley said we have 5 good guys at receiver and it's hard to decide who to play. Starting positions aren't locked in and can change after the MSU game. He said it's important to evaluate players under real game situations.

He also likes the word phenomenal.......a lot.

I also couldn't get in the restaurant.
    Ooops! Sorry Ken! I should have known it was a BB&B'er! It was a good question.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    Not sure how it sounded over the air but unfortunately could not understand anything any of the guest said if you were there because of the feedback. Then I guess they turned down the sound because you couldn't understand Dave or Dooley either and I was sitting at the bar.

How long had you been sitting at the bar? That may have compounded your comprehension.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    How long had you been sitting at the bar? That may have compounded your comprehension.

Not really, a good friend of Dooley's was sitting beside me - he said the same thing and also told Dooley about it.

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgmatic View Post
    Ooops! Sorry Ken! I should have known it was a BB&B'er! It was a good question.
    That was me!

+ Reply to Thread