+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Shreveport Bails out the I-Bowl...

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Shreveport Bails out the I-Bowl...

...because, I guess that's better than having two teams that people want to see.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/...NTPAGECAROUSEL

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Re: Shreveport Bails out the I-Bowl...

I think Tech bailed them out once. . . that sure turned out to our favor.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Did you notice that the $500K check is being repaid to the Indy Bowl Foundation, instead of the City of Shreveport...the people who actually bailed them out?

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

What makes it even more sad to me is that Heavy G is actually telling the council to DENY the Police raise that's going through because we don't have any money. He has spent over $7 million dollars on his little pet projects, INCLUDING a private internet for him and his 6 or 7 people in his office because "sharing with the rest of the city is too slow". It's a 10-15 Mbs and costing over $300 per month just for his internet.

What he doesn't seemed concerned about are the Police officers that are quitting and retiring EVERY DAY!! There have already been over 70 SPD officers quit or retire just this year with another 30 leaving by the end of the year. More than a dozen of them are transfering to Bossier Sheriff's office because of the pay. This pay raise is only cost the city $1.2 million to increase Officers pay a couple thousand each. The Chief's propsal will be for somewhere in the $4-5 million range with the council seems find with.

Heavy G ~ That's kinda sad... your priorities are pretty screwy.

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

Heavy G and Missy Setters are cut from the same clothe...neither one of them is very smart and neither has ever had a real job.

PETROSUN...a penny stock even with oil going for $120/barrel.

Wasn't LeBlanc indicted once before for defrauding investors?
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Quote Originally Posted by CARTEK View Post
    Heavy G and Missy Setters are cut from the same clothe...neither one of them is very smart and neither has ever had a real job.

PETROSUN...a penny stock even with oil going for $120/barrel.

Wasn't LeBlanc indicted once before for defrauding investors?
    I don't know LeBlanc's history, but I had the same thought about PetroSun being graded so low with gas oil prices being where they are. Oh well....tax dollars at work.

Champ dawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud of

FYI: Indy Bowl

Edited to reflect my poor reading skills
    Last edited by dawgtired; 08-29-2008 at 11:23 AM.

Champ DawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond repute DawgFaninHous's Avatar

Re: FYI: Indy Bowl

Crystal Ball TIME:

December 1, 2008 - Shreveport, LA - The Independence Bowl once again looks to their neighbor Louisiana Tech University as the host team in order to keep the bowl solvent yet again!!! The fact that the University of Maryland is ineligible for a bowl game will not allow the bowl to match up the teams that saved its rear back in the early 90's. They have asked the Texas Tech Red Raiders to also play in the '08 game with the Bulldogs who finished just outside the top 25 with a 9-3 record! It looks like the Bulldog faithful will yet again bail the poorly run bowl out of bankruptcy.
    in a surprise move, Tech AD Dooley declines the invitation and accepts the invite to the Texas Bowl in Houston. The Indy Bowl simultaneously announced the ULM will play in the game and the fact that this will their last game!

DFiH

Champ Tbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of light Tbone1's Avatar

You guys seem to hold the Indy Bowl in pretty low regard.

Personally, I'd be rather disappointed to see that Bowl game dissolved.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tbone1 View Post
    I do. I might feel different if I lived in Shreveport or followed the 6th or 7th place teams from the SEC and Big 12.

Quote Originally Posted by Tbone1 View Post

Personally, I'd be rather disappointed to see that Bowl game dissolved.
    I should say that I'm not one who bemoans the amount of bowls. I'm happy for as much college football on tv as I can get.
    But I don't feel any more allegiance to the I-bowl than I do to the Houston Bowl, the New Orleans Bowl, the Sugar Bowl, or the Liberty Bowl. They haven't ever really done anything more for me or the schools that I care about than any other bowl. So if they fold I wouldn't feel any worse than if the Sun Bowl or the New Mexico Bowl failed.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

I couldn't find the thread but someone predicted this when Petro Sun signed on. I remember several saying they were not sound financially.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    What makes it even more sad to me is that Heavy G is actually telling the council to DENY the Police raise that's going through because we don't have any money. He has spent over $7 million dollars on his little pet projects, INCLUDING a private internet for him and his 6 or 7 people in his office because "sharing with the rest of the city is too slow". It's a 10-15 Mbs and costing over $300 per month just for his internet.

What he doesn't seemed concerned about are the Police officers that are quitting and retiring EVERY DAY!! There have already been over 70 SPD officers quit or retire just this year with another 30 leaving by the end of the year. More than a dozen of them are transfering to Bossier Sheriff's office because of the pay. This pay raise is only cost the city $1.2 million to increase Officers pay a couple thousand each. The Chief's propsal will be for somewhere in the $4-5 million range with the council seems find with.

Heavy G ~ That's kinda sad... your priorities are pretty screwy.
    Ok, Either Heavy G changed his stance, or I misunderstood it.

He wrote a 4 or 5 page letter taking the proposal and shreding all the "facts" in the counilman's proposal and endorsed the Chief's proposal. Unfortunantly, now the Fire Dept wants whatever the Police gets, so this should be real interesting soon.

I apoligize for the earlier post.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GonzoDawg View Post
    I couldn't find the thread but someone predicted this when Petro Sun signed on. I remember several saying they were not sound financially.
    Cartek for one. He also has a thing for Missy Setters.:icon_wink:

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Cartek for one. He also has a thing for Missy Setters.:icon_wink:
    Thanks maddawg, I just threw up a little in my mouth.
    I didn't need that visual.

+ Reply to Thread