+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Cowbells ...

Big Dog Pitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the rough Pitcherjlt's Avatar

The Cowbells ...

I thought these cowbells were going to be seriously loud and annoying and would possibly disrupt our offense hearing the snap count.

Is it just me or were they really just not loud at all? I know we were sitting pretty close to some State fans and when they would shake theirs it was fairly loud and annoying b/c we were close to them. But overall I thought they were very tame.

We were at the Chevron on Tech Drive before the game and State fans were shaking them everywhere up there -- amazingly they tucked their tails and ran after the game and I didn't hear one at all. I also saw some college-age guys driving around downtown Ruston shaking cowbells around 3:00.

Pretty darn funny!!

Big Dog SummaCumDoggie seems to have something between the earsSummaCumDoggie seems to have something between the earsSummaCumDoggie seems to have something between the earsSummaCumDoggie seems to have something between the earsSummaCumDoggie seems to have something between the earsSummaCumDoggie seems to have something between the ears SummaCumDoggie's Avatar

Re: The Cowbells ...

there were about 8 MSU fans in row 1 of seciton 6. They were rediculously loud in the first half. I wanted to ring their bell if you know what I mean... Then, in the second half I thought they might start crying. By the end of the game only one of them even bothered ringing that stupid cow bell.

As for going to MSU in 09, no thanks. 8 bells were all I could take. 50,000? You can enjoy that.

I've always heard MSU students wern't that bright. After going to a MSU game they're probably all deaf and dumb :-)

Champ littleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the rough

Allow the recent music major alumnus to explain:

Cowbells produce a high frequency sound. High frequency sounds don't travel well. Another way that this can be explained is through example. If you're far away from a stadium what is the sole instrument you can hear above all others (if you can hear the others)? The Bass Drum. Low end frequencies travel much more effectively that high end. I doubt the players on the field had the slightest problem hearing the plays.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SummaCumDoggie View Post
    there were about 8 MSU fans in row 1 of seciton 6. They were rediculously loud in the first half. I wanted to ring their bell if you know what I mean... Then, in the second half I thought they might start crying. By the end of the game only one of them even bothered ringing that stupid cow bell.

As for going to MSU in 09, no thanks. 8 bells were all I could take. 50,000? You can enjoy that.

I've always heard MSU students wern't that bright. After going to a MSU game they're probably all deaf and dumb :-)
    If 5,000 Tech fans would make the trip we could drown those Cowbells out. I'll be there for MY Dawgs cowbells or not.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Before the game there was an old man that was shaking his cowbell as we walked by. I went and put a dollar on his plate that was in front of him and said Merry Christmas.

Varsity Bulldog Dawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the rough

the cowbells were not as bad as I thought they would be- probably a lot more annoying in Starkville. I'd take the cowbells over hearing Rocky Top played in Knoxville 300 times per game- wants to make you put a gun to your head.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by littleshoe View Post

Cowbells produce a high frequency sound. High frequency sounds don't travel well. Another way that this can be explained is through example. If you're far away from a stadium what is the sole instrument you can hear above all others (if you can hear the others)? The Bass Drum. Low end frequencies travel much more effectively that high end. I doubt the players on the field had the slightest problem hearing the plays.
    Then we need to bring fog horns when we go there next year.

Champ TechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant future

I was ringing my cowbell after the game as the dejected State fans exited from section D. My seats are the corner of CC at the wall and they had to walk right under me. One just smiled and grinned, he caught the irony.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg View Post
    Before the game there was an old man that was shaking his cowbell as we walked by. I went and put a dollar on his plate that was in front of him and said Merry Christmas.

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Nice!!

A guy in front of me in OO kept yelling "SEC FOOTBALL" at us whenever MSU made a nice, physical run. Also mocking "move the chains" everytime they made a 1st down until we got the lead. Made it great fun for me to tell him "WAC FOOTBALL" whenever we sacked their quarterback in the 4th quarter.

Their fans I met were very nice and gracious. They cheered hard for their team, but no harm in that. Cowbells make noise but they don't block, tackle, and hit.

Go dawgs!! Fabulous win, inspiring effort & determination. That's "TECH FOOTBALL!"

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

It was funny when 4 MSU fans that had been sitting up top on the west side were going down the stairs in the 4th, presumably leaving, and a couple of guys yelled at them, "where are ya'll going?!?" Needless to say they didn't respond.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Sounded more like sleigh bells to me. It was an early Christmas for Tech fans. Thanks for the win. WE ARE! BULLDOGS!!

Champ SixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by GonzoDawg View Post
    Sounded more like sleigh bells to me. It was an early Christmas for Tech fans. Thanks for the win. WE ARE! BULLDOGS!!
    Wasn't that cheer beautiful? I don't think it would've worked, if it hadn't been for the tv timeout - but it was definitely the loudest single cheer i've ever heard in JAS.

Kudos to the west side. I believe you might've put us to shame last night.

Champ DrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by littleshoe View Post

it does not matter where he grips is; it is weight ratio; a 5 ounce swallow cannot carry a five pound coconut

Champ MattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the rough MattB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SixWings View Post
    Wasn't that cheer beautiful? I don't think it would've worked, if it hadn't been for the tv timeout - but it was definitely the loudest single cheer i've ever heard in JAS.

Kudos to the west side. I believe you might've put us to shame last night.
    I used to think the "We Are... XXX" chants were lame......until last night. I guess that is the first time I've heard it pop up like that, and it was awesome. Perfect timing, and it just worked. I haven't felt that proud of Tech/fans in a long time.

+ Reply to Thread