+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Tech's Pregame Music

Puppy FeatureBulldog is an unknown

Re: Tech's Pregame Music

Two years ago the band had around 200 members and this year there are only around 170 and most of them are freshmen.

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

More than 2 years ago, I was still in band when we had 200 playing members, and my last year was 2005. And if the band is at 170 that's a suprise but all the numbers I've heard are much less than that, of course that number probably includes the non-playing members (feature twirlers, guard, admin. staff) who are important and necessary but I don't think they are what Reneau said I want 200 people in band.

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rustondawg5198 View Post
    Sorry, but a solitary flag dude on an all-girl flag squad just kinda freaks me out. Why anyone would voluntarily choose to do that....I don't get it. Kinda like when Sacha Baron Cohen went to an Alabama football game as his alter ego "Bruno"....it was just sad, embarrassing and hilarious all at the same time.

Yes, there are all-male flag squads out there, but they don't wear sequined outfits and try to look pretty while twirling and prancing around out there like a bunch of Kansas City.....well, you know. Their style is more military, where they act as a color guard and don't perform twirling routines. Big difference.

Personally, I could do completely without the flags. I don't think they really add much of anything to the performance (and serve zero purpose while in the stands). I like Ohio State's band. All brass and percussion. No flagline. Great sound, precision marching. All bands should be like that. Tech's band needs more sound, less flags.
    This statement is 100% incorrect.

Also, if there is a guy on the line, is it still an "all-girl" squad? How about if there has been a at least 1 (for a year there were 2) guy on it for 9 of the last 11 years, is it still an "all-girl" squad? Almost EVERY squad in DCI - the major league of marching band - is split in some ratio very close to 50/50 male vs female. A couple are all male, and they are not anything that resembles military. They are ALL exactly what you see at Tech...only a bit more talented. Of course they practice all day every day on the same show/routine for 3 months+.

Puppy FeatureBulldog is an unknown

see, we've been working on saturday's show only for about 2 weeks...i wanted to do alot more with it, but you only have so much time to make it work. the moves are harder than the first show so it took a while for every member to get each one down. you have to keep in mind that we learn a new show for each home game.

just a side note, everyone always ask me why don't i twirl fire anymore and it's because of the new, very expensive turf!

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

God, I hope that there aren't any lesbians in the band either. Not sure I could handle that.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    God, I hope that there aren't any lesbians in the band either. Not sure I could handle that.
    (sarcasm right?)

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    this is sarcasm right?

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Varsity Bulldog bigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the rough

I found this on youtube. I'm not a big fan of rap, but it actually sounds good.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZ8giRLUxMo

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar

This thread reminds me of Festivus.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Festivus

Every year during football season we have this "airing of grievances" with some posters griping about the band and others defending the band.

You can almost set a calendar to it.

+ Reply to Thread