+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Parking

Big Dog Pitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the rough Pitcherjlt's Avatar

Parking

I was talking to Adam McGuirt Monday at Dowling's and he asked me how I thought parking went with the reserved areas. I told him that as far as I knew and had heard, there were no complaints or problems.

My wife and I actually parked off campus even though we have the LTAC parking tag and just walked since I believe that you can get out faster by doing so. As we walked towards the stadium I was impressed and surprised by how well it seemed to be going.

Any thoughts or suggestions you have on your mind?

Champ littleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the rough

Re: Parking

The wife and I parked in Hideaway. There are ALWAYS places to park in there. Just park facing the exit, it's not so easy to navigate at night. Maybe we'll do LTAC one day, but for now I take the free option.

Champ NathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond repute NathanDarby's Avatar

I think it went ok. As long as they keep a way open for non-parking pass holders to get their stuff too and from the hill around the TAC, there shouldn't be any problems. There were discussions early in the week saying that they we not going to let any cars into the area around JAS or the TAC at all without parking passes. That would be a bad move because the majority of the people who tailgate on the hill don't have passes, and they have a lot of heavy stuff like tents, grills, and generators to carry. I parked up on the hill instead of using my LTAC pass, but I don't think I would have had a problem if I had parked in my assigned LTAC lot.

Varsity Bulldog bulldogengr is just really nicebulldogengr is just really nicebulldogengr is just really nicebulldogengr is just really nicebulldogengr is just really nicebulldogengr is just really nicebulldogengr is just really nicebulldogengr is just really nicebulldogengr is just really nicebulldogengr is just really nicebulldogengr is just really nice bulldogengr's Avatar

I had a C pass, and it was fine. Getting out was okay (20 min). If the cops would think a little, then it would be faster.

Big Dog Pitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the rough Pitcherjlt's Avatar

Oh, I mentioned the fiasco about running out of GameDay Programs and he was aware that they had sold out before everyone that wanted one could buy one. He did say they had printed more for that game than for any other game in Tech history. I got mine when we went in about 45 minutes prior to kickoff but at some point my drink got knocked over and ruined it.

Bulldog CooperBulldog72 is a jewel in the roughCooperBulldog72 is a jewel in the roughCooperBulldog72 is a jewel in the roughCooperBulldog72 is a jewel in the roughCooperBulldog72 is a jewel in the roughCooperBulldog72 is a jewel in the roughCooperBulldog72 is a jewel in the roughCooperBulldog72 is a jewel in the roughCooperBulldog72 is a jewel in the roughCooperBulldog72 is a jewel in the roughCooperBulldog72 is a jewel in the rough

Parking...behind RHS not so bad..Programs-Now that was another story. We sat on the East side and tried to buy one about an hour before the game. We were told they only sold them on the West side. Don't know if that was true or he was out, but I let the SID office know.

Big Dog Tech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really nice

The fact that you had to ask for comments, and people were not just on here complaining about parking, tells me that everything went fine and that we need to continue to do things this way.

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

On the lack of Programs - there was some sort of problem with the printer, don't know whose fault, if anyone's. But they knew that there were not enough programs before game day.

Hopefully won't happen again.

Varsity Bulldog dogbone is a jewel in the roughdogbone is a jewel in the roughdogbone is a jewel in the roughdogbone is a jewel in the roughdogbone is a jewel in the roughdogbone is a jewel in the roughdogbone is a jewel in the roughdogbone is a jewel in the roughdogbone is a jewel in the roughdogbone is a jewel in the roughdogbone is a jewel in the rough

We have an A pass and were told "Sorry, the lot is full". My wife insisted that they look for a spot and one was found. There were alot of random trailers, vans, etc, eating up spots. The same thing happened to us last year in the B lot. It's a little frustrating when you show up with a pass but get turned away.

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dogbone View Post
    We have an A pass and were told "Sorry, the lot is full".

For a minimum of $2,500 they should have parked the car for you.........

Champ NathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond repute NathanDarby's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dogbone View Post
    We have an A pass and were told "Sorry, the lot is full". My wife insisted that they look for a spot and one was found. There were alot of random trailers, vans, etc, eating up spots. The same thing happened to us last year in the B lot. It's a little frustrating when you show up with a pass but get turned away.
    It would be way more than a little frustrating to me. If you paid that much for a pass they damn well better find a spot, no excuses. If there is not one, they should make one. I would have gotten out and walked the lot until I found a car in that lot without a pass and made them tow that car. They know how many donors they have at each level, and there should be enough spots for all of them. I would let Adam McGuirt know about your problem. This is not the kind of BS that big donors should have to put up with. THEY should be catering to YOU!

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

C lot parking was GREAT! The officer on Tech Drive waived us toward the stadium, the officer in C lot directed us to our spot, plenty of spaces remained reserved 3 hours prior to kickoff. It might have taken us 5 minutes at most to get from Tech Drive to our parking space.

Getting out after the game wasn't difficult either. We were very pleasantly surprised.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pitcherjlt View Post
    Oh, I mentioned the fiasco about running out of GameDay Programs and he was aware that they had sold out before everyone that wanted one could buy one. He did say they had printed more for that game than for any other game in Tech history. I got mine when we went in about 45 minutes prior to kickoff but at some point my drink got knocked over and ruined it.
    Wonder what I could get for mine on Ebay? :icon_wink:

Big Dog dawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her game dawg78's Avatar

I parked in C and had absolutely no problems getting in or out. I too, was a little miffed over the fact we had sold out of praograms...granted I got in the stadium about 10 minutes before kickoff but geez no programs??? What was up with that?

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    C lot parking was GREAT! The officer on Tech Drive waived us toward the stadium, the officer in C lot directed us to our spot, plenty of spaces remained reserved 3 hours prior to kickoff. It might have taken us 5 minutes at most to get from Tech Drive to our parking space.

Getting out after the game wasn't difficult either. We were very pleasantly surprised.
    We had a similar experience. I parked my car at Wyly Tower and rode in the back of dhussdawg's dad's truck (and their B pass). My older brother and dad were coming later, so I gave them my parking pass. I couldn't believe how close they were able to park. I'd say they walked up about 10 minutes prior to kick-off. They did say that it took FOREVER to get off the interestate.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

+ Reply to Thread