+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Obama the elitist?

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Re: Obama the elitist?

Quote Originally Posted by Yarfunkle View Post
    I like how you assume that I believe it's my 'role' here. It's my God given purpose is to be here on these message boards, BALANCING OUT THE ISSUES.

The thing is, Dogtor, I don't think it's my role to do anything, I just like there to be both sides represented, so that's what I do. I don't hold myself above you for doing it, nor am I being elitist, I just do it.

Jeez, I'm a poor college kid who is trying to save up for a baby in the spring, and trying to continue my education while I still can. I don't think I could ever consider myself elitist.
    Presenting both views, is different than presenting YOUR views. YOUR VIEWS, as shown to us, is you're liberal... Can't have it both ways. I've done it before, but more of a questioning things than a "your wrong because your extreme right" because I agree with some liberal stances, BUT I also agree with some conservative stances... However, in this instance, it is near impossible to show anything GOOD about Obama. There have been a few things he has supported that has suprised me, yes, but overall, in the grand scheme of things, he has nothing to offer or give the US but "more of the same" and make things a lot worse. Giving up America to make America safer is not a good thing, no matter how someone tries slicing it or making it true - it just won't work. And that, is what you get from liberals. There will not be an United State of America before too long (because of both sides).......

The jist, present your views and beliefs, not someone elses, unless it's a tool for you to learn something different from what you thought or know...

Good luck with the baby. Boy or girl? And definitely more power to you for continuing your ed at the same time!

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DogtorEvil View Post
    You're the one that wrote this:

Elitism DNE having money. See the definition in a previous post. It's based on believing your opinion is superior to others.

You're attitude is elitist in that that you feel so compelled to correct all of us who are doing the "blatant nuthugging of McCain/Palin."

If you don't like being labeled a a liberal elitistm do something to prove it otherwise.

A true moderate would have occasionally represented both positive and negative oponions regarding the topics that have come up. You have consistently been pro liberal, anti conservative. That's not being a moderate.
    So I'm elitist too? Cool... I should start calling people and getting the financial side of being elitist too!

Oh, and I think moderates can be "elitist" too, by the way... just have to sort out through the much of deciding which side they are on on any given issue.

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rus-La View Post
    So I'm elitist too? Cool... I should start calling people and getting the financial side of being elitist too!

Oh, and I think moderates can be "elitist" too, by the way... just have to sort out through the much of deciding which side they are on on any given issue.

Elitists can come from the entire political spectrum; i.e., my opinion is better than your silly, uneducated view; thus, you must follow mine.

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

I assure you that I am politically to the right and am right!
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CARTEK View Post
    I assure you that I am politically to the right and am right!

Elitist!!!!!1!

Elitists can come from the entire political spectrum; i.e., my opinion is better than your silly, uneducated view; thus, you must follow mine.
    WoOhOo!!!

Big Dog Yarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the rough

You're the one that wrote this:

Elitism DNE having money. See the definition in a previous post. It's based on believing your opinion is superior to others.

You're attitude is elitist in that that you feel so compelled to correct all of us who are doing the "blatant nuthugging of McCain/Palin."

If you don't like being labeled a a liberal elitistm do something to prove it otherwise.

A true moderate would have occasionally represented both positive and negative oponions regarding the topics that have come up. You have consistently been pro liberal, anti conservative. That's not being a moderate.
    But, I don't believe my opinion is above anyone else's, I may disagree with it but I never say "You are wrong, my opinion is superior to yours". Whenever I can I try to provide links to my arguments, to try to back up my points so I can be seen as research-oriented.

The 'blatant nuthugging' i reffered to may have been a bit much, but when I'm constantly under attack for either being a troll, or a left-wing nut, or a "numb nuts" for simply providing some of my views (and some satirical viewpoints, which I do to see how people will react) I tend to assume things about the ones that assume about me.

In a candidate quiz I took, I did side with Obama on the majority of his issues, but I did agree with McCain on a few as well.. I'd say about 65/35 Obama.

Big Dog Yarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the rough

Presenting both views, is different than presenting YOUR views. YOUR VIEWS, as shown to us, is you're liberal... Can't have it both ways. I've done it before, but more of a questioning things than a "your wrong because your extreme right" because I agree with some liberal stances, BUT I also agree with some conservative stances... However, in this instance, it is near impossible to show anything GOOD about Obama. There have been a few things he has supported that has suprised me, yes, but overall, in the grand scheme of things, he has nothing to offer or give the US but "more of the same" and make things a lot worse. Giving up America to make America safer is not a good thing, no matter how someone tries slicing it or making it true - it just won't work. And that, is what you get from liberals. There will not be an United State of America before too long (because of both sides).......

The jist, present your views and beliefs, not someone elses, unless it's a tool for you to learn something different from what you thought or know...

Good luck with the baby. Boy or girl? And definitely more power to you for continuing your ed at the same time!
    This election I am leaning to the left, but I do hold some conservative views as well.. the thing is I haven't posted many of my actual views, or any views at all.. I have just posted news articles about candidates, hardly any of them being actual issues directly dealing with the presidency.

About the baby, we're not sure yet, she's only two months in so far. I've got about 2.5 years left of school (making a career of it, starting my fourth year, Yikes!) I'm hoping for a boy, but will be happy with either.

We're not currently in a relationship, or planning on getting married, so it's a very interesting situation, heh.

This election I am leaning to the left, but I do hold some conservative views as well.. the thing is I haven't posted many of my actual views, or any views at all.. I have just posted news articles about candidates, hardly any of them being actual issues directly dealing with the presidency.

About the baby, we're not sure yet, she's only two months in so far. I've got about 2.5 years left of school (making a career of it, starting my fourth year, Yikes!) I'm hoping for a boy, but will be happy with either.

We're not currently in a relationship, or planning on getting married, so it's a very interesting situation, heh.
    You see, when you post that stuff though, you are, by defauly, saying this represent your view, which is to the left... so, they will assume you are left leaning... which you now admit you are.

Well, still, congratulations! Having a child is wonderful... I'm just patiently waiting for my turn, if it ever comes.......

Good luck with that... could always turn out like the movie Knocked Up

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Congrats on the baby. My 3 month old keeps me busy when I'm not in school.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

You see, when you post that stuff though, you are, by defauly, saying this represent your view, which is to the left... so, they will assume you are left leaning... which you now admit you are.

Well, still, congratulations! Having a child is wonderful... I'm just patiently waiting for my turn, if it ever comes.......

Good luck with that... could always turn out like the movie Knocked Up
    Well say that I was leaning towards McCain, that would make me right leaning.. (of course it would be a given that I would be touting him in the forums as well) I can still be a moderate and pick either candidate, but my views of a great president would be a moderate president. Just so far from what I've read/researched I'm going for Obama this time around, but I'm still a moderate. Hopefully that makes sense.

Thanks for the congrats, I'm excited to see what comes ahead! And worried... scared.. etc..

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Congrats on the baby. My 3 month old keeps me busy when I'm not in school.
    Thanks! What are you in school for?

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Thanks! What are you in school for?
    A Master of Divinity in Christian Ministry with a concentration in Philosophy and Apologetics...that's a mouthful
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    A Master of Divinity in Christian Ministry with a concentration in Philosophy and Apologetics...that's a mouthful
    Haha, it sure is. Good luck to you in that.

Quote Originally Posted by daybreaker2 View Post
    Community organizer among the poor = LIBERAL ELITISTS
    Nope. Community organizer = Pay Me for Politicking

http://www.scsuscholars.com/
    pol•i•tick•ing (noun) activity undertaken for political reasons or ends, as campaigning for votes before an election, making speeches, etc., or otherwise promoting oneself or one's policies.
    The Obama campaign is complaining that Rudy Giuliani and Sarah Palin attacked and insulted “ordinary people” last night by mocking Obama’s job as a “Community Organizer.”

Uh, no. Ordinary people volunteer. We see a need, join hands with others, and organize ourselves to get the work done. From PTAs to open source software, book clubs to care packages for soldiers, overseas tsunami aid to sports leagues, Americans collectively are the most generous volunteers of any country in the world. Tocqueville’s Democracy in America highlighted that volunteer spirit more than 150 years ago, and our volunteer spirit is still with us today.

Taking a paid job called “Community Organizer” is just another way to say “pay me for politicking.”

UPDATE:

Community Organizers now have organized a website to demand an apology from Govenror Palin. But this is how the Community Organizers describe themselves:
    Though many people are unfamiliar with community organizing, the job is both straightforward and vital: community organizers work with families who are struggling–because of low wages, poor health coverage, unaffordable housing, and other community problems–so that collectively, they can fix those problems and make government respond to their day-to-day concerns. Organizers knock on doors, attend community meetings, visit churches and synagogues and mosques, and work with unions and civic groups and block associations to help ordinary people build power and counter the influence of self-interested insiders and highly paid lobbyists at all levels of government.
    Translation: "Pay me for politicking."

+ Reply to Thread