+ Reply to Thread

Thread: time capsule on campus

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

time capsule on campus

anyone know/remember what got put in there?

always bugged me.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Re: time capsule on campus

Quote Originally Posted by Luminaire View Post
    anyone know/remember what got put in there?

always bugged me.
    There was one put in in 1973. Everyone in freshmen orientation was asked to put in an object which started with the same letter as our last name. I remember thinking "when someone digs this up, they are going to wonder what the crap is all this stuff?"
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ Poisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the rough Poisso3's Avatar
    Ellisville, MO (30 miles West of St. Louis)

Re: time capsule on campus

I love the concepts of time capsules, mostly the ones from the 19th and early 20th Cen. but the ones from the past 20 years really make me laugh. I know of a few where music cassetts, LPs, floppy disks, and CDs were all included as ways of allowing "the future" to access the music/information from the 80's/90's/etc. Magnetic tape used in the casssetts and floppy disks will lose it's magnitism, LP's will warp/melt, and CD's will actually degrade enough to be unreadable after 50-75 years.

+ Reply to Thread