+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ike

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar

Re: Ike

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbob View Post
    do you have power?
    no

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

House intact...lost 2 of 75 trees, so no great loss...no power...in College Station until power
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DogtorEvil View Post
    no
    are you on the centerpoint grid or texas-new mexico?

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar

I know they are not reporting many deaths but ... and I hate to say this ... I expect that given the number of rescues they have done that the body count in the Bolivar peninsula and east are going to be higher than people expect. Something like twenty five people died with Gustav. Ike was a totally different beast. There was supposedly 23 feet of surge at the highest points and we know for a fact some people stayed and some people survived on surge debris. I just have a hard time believing that we know the true effect of this storm yet. When the rescues end, we will start finding out what really happened.

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

Well, if the surge had been what they expected at galveston, we'd already have a big body count. Too many fools hung around for this one!
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbob View Post
    are you on the centerpoint grid or texas-new mexico?
    TNP.

I'll keep you posted when we get power back. If we get it back before yoy, you/yours are wecome to stay at our house until things get back to normal.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DogtorEvil View Post
    TNP.

I'll keep you posted when we get power back. If we get it back before yoy, you/yours are wecome to stay at our house until things get back to normal.
    i appreciate the offer, but i've got a generator and i just bought a window a/c. i'm keeping my family in arkansas until the schools open back up. i plan on heading down first thing in the morning to assess the damage and clean up. after that, it depends on when my plant is able to start back up.

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Lost about 25% of my perishables at the store. Still no power at house..maybe by Wed.. Lost my awning off of house and several shutters. had plenty od cold beer though.
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

my wifes parents live in Shepard Tx. they came out pretty lucky compared to several in their subdivision. they were staying with us but the reports he got was that about 4-5 houses in their subdivision had trees on them. he had several trees down but the only damage was to an old Ford Tractor.

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CARTEK View Post
    Well, if the surge had been what they expected at galveston, we'd already have a big body count. Too many fools hung around for this one!
    I agree completely. Thirty miles to the west and Galveston gets 20 feet. The storm jogged north at the very end which was a tremendous relief for Galveston.

Champ BulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable Gorilla View Post
    Where in Florida? Probably not here (Largo), the Tampa Bay area seems to be one of the only places in the state that wasn't hit by Fay.

Anyone near Texas know anything about the fate of Groves near Beaumont? G-ma and an Aunt evacuated after people knocked on their doors and said to expect eight feet of water in their house. They headed to my parents home in Walker at which point G-ma complained that her statue of the Virgin Mary would probably be knocked over when she returned.
    I was working the Melbourne and Port St. Lucie area.

Champ randerizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the rough randerizer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CARTEK View Post
    I disagree. Unfortunately, I think the bodies are somewhere in the gulf!

We lost part of our carport and came about 3 inches from losing the front of our house to a big oak. But we were lucky by comparison to those on our blocks. Sure ripped the heights to shreds.

Champ DawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond repute DawgFaninHous's Avatar

we live in Clear lake City and our house is sound & everything was dry. We have no power as yet, but all & all, our area was pretty lucky. Lost some old wooden fences that needed replaced anyway. Already cleaned the yard and cooked up the shrimp that was going to spoil. I am probably the only person who will gain weight during this ordeal! I will probably lose about 50 lbs of Alaskan salmon but I am going to try to give it to a shelter or to the first responders somehow.
    My boat came through with flying colors! We lost one of our biminis, but not a scratch otherwise! I heard that two other major marinas lost some big boats (100 footers)! The Houston Yacht Club is supposed to be history????? South Shore Harbour did not lose a boat! Boy did I make the right choice!
    Staying cool and waiting on CenterPoint to do their thing!

DFiH

just returned home yeserday to find only a little minor siding damage to the house despite some serious tree damage. my fence was down, but not completely destroyed. also, my power is already restored! a bag of ice i had in the freezer still has individually frozen ice cubes.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marketdawg View Post
    Lost about 25% of my perishables at the store. Still no power at house..maybe by Wed.. Lost my awning off of house and several shutters. had plenty od cold beer though.
    Well, I bought some Crab and Brie Dip, 4 stuffed potatoes and 3 big steaks right before it hit, so hopefully I helped you out a little. It was delicious. I was in Shreve escaping the storm (well kind of). No damage to the apartment. Power came back quickly apparently because nothing melted in my freezer.

+ Reply to Thread