+ Reply to Thread

Thread: KU Game Thoughts

Bulldog MattEE has turned a few heads around hereMattEE has turned a few heads around hereMattEE has turned a few heads around hereMattEE has turned a few heads around hereMattEE has turned a few heads around here MattEE's Avatar

KU Game Thoughts

We lost a game tonight, but we have a whole season in front of us including conference. They were better and we had a let down from the MSU game. We will have a good season, and we are building something it just takes time. Besides I am still enjoying the fact that we beat STATE...I work with a bunch of STATE grads...it is sweet.

Big Dog Rickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really nice

Re: KU Game Thoughts

Time Warner went out on us last night - ACK! No cable, no phone, no internet. But they played the game again around midnight. I was flipping back and forth between Tech and UT and from what I saw we held a strong offense in check for at least a half. It's not the 66-0, 72-3 kind of game that we used to play back when we went up against strong teams. Sounds like progress.

Varsity Bulldog trenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by Rickeydad View Post
    Time Warner went out on us last night - ACK! No cable, no phone, no internet. But they played the game again around midnight. I was flipping back and forth between Tech and UT and from what I saw we held a strong offense in check for at least a half. It's not the 66-0, 72-3 kind of game that we used to play back when we went up against strong teams. Sounds like progress.
    I agree...I really think the days of us losing games by 45+ points are over. By no means are we considered a cupcake anymore. We lost by 29....it should've been much closer....but at least we didn't get drummed like we used to.

I still think we have a good chance of going 8-4 and a decent chance of winning 9 games. We win against Army and SELA. The only games that I think we have a chance of losing are Boise, Fresno, Hawaii, and Nevada. I would be happy to win 2 of those 4. We should win all of the other WAC games this year. If we do win 2 of those 4, we could realistically go 9-3. Maybe I'm just being overly optimistic, but I do think that it is a good chance.

Champ Tbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of light Tbone1's Avatar

Thumbs Up Re: KU Game Thoughts

WHile it's disappointing to lose, I thought we looked decent out there. We definately looked like we belonged on the same field and that's a step in the right direction.

Give Dooley time and we'll be just fine. He's building a program.

Champ MICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by Tbone1 View Post
    WHile it's disappointing to lose, I thought we looked decent out there. We definately looked like we belonged on the same field and that's a step in the right direction.

Give Dooley time and we'll be just fine. He's building a program.
    If you would have told me 1-1 after our first two games in 08, I would have jumped for joy! Now, let's get on about getting BETTER as we prep for the remainder of our season. Also, after TWO tough games vs. BCS schools, NO SEASON-ENDING INJURIES (knock on wood)!@

Big Dog SkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by MICKEYS14 View Post
    If you would have told me 1-1 after our first two games in 08, I would have jumped for joy! Now, let's get on about getting BETTER as we prep for the remainder of our season. Also, after TWO tough games vs. BCS schools, NO SEASON-ENDING INJURIES (knock on wood)!@
    Excellent post, coach. Not only did we make it through, we got paid without embarassing ourselves.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SkeeterDawg View Post
    Excellent post, coach. Not only did we make it through, we got paid without embarassing ourselves.
    I was a tad embarassed for our team.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ killerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nice killerdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by trenteverett View Post
    I still think we have a good chance of going 8-4 and a decent chance of winning 9 games. We win against Army and SELA. The only games that I think we have a chance of losing are Boise, Fresno, Hawaii, and Nevada. I would be happy to win 2 of those 4.
    No matter what else we do, we have to win at least one of those 4 to have a chance at a bowl game. Otherwise, it's 7-5 and going nowhere.

Call me a pessimist, but, as far as I'm concerned, the jury's still out on Dooley. If he can't get this team ready to beat Nevada on our own turf with a bowl game in the balance this year, I think the verdict will be "Nothing's changed".

Champ MICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by killerdawg View Post
    No matter what else we do, we have to win at least one of those 4 to have a chance at a bowl game. Otherwise, it's 7-5 and going nowhere.

Call me a pessimist, but, as far as I'm concerned, the jury's still out on Dooley. If he can't get this team ready to beat Nevada on our own turf with a bowl game in the balance this year, I think the verdict will be "Nothing's changed".
    KILLER-there's a whole lot of ball to play BEFORE we ever get to the WolfPack---right now, my attention is on Southeastern! There is NO TEAM on our schedule that we can take for granted!

Champ killerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nice killerdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MICKEYS14 View Post
    KILLER-there's a whole lot of ball to play BEFORE we ever get to the WolfPack---right now, my attention is on Southeastern! There is NO TEAM on our schedule that we can take for granted!
    True. And I know I need to move on, but I'm still not over last year's disappointing end.

BleedTechBlue.com JFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant future

Everyone tune into BleedTechBlue Radio from 6-7 Wednesday on ESPN 97.7 and www.espn977.com for a full breakdown of the game, in-depth recruiting analysis, basketball discussion, and much more. Call in and let us hear your thoughts. 888.993.7762.

Champ LATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond repute

I agree. We did belong there. Did anyone see the Georgia-Central Michigan game on pretty early in the day? CMU didn't belong there. And it showed with their attitude and the size of the players.

Kansas didn't have their way with us. We fought hard in the first 3 quarters, but after that missed field goal it seemed like nothing could go our way. We lost all momentum, and the guys got discouraged. Momentum is everything in college football, and we couldn't get any of it.

Big Dog SkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    I was a tad embarassed for our team.
    It was not a pretty performance at all. It was very bad in spots. We didn't score when we had opportunities, but we were not playing against the Little Sisters of the Blind. Kansas was the #12 team in the country. JBIII would have gotten beat 58-0 while embarassing the fans, the school, the state and football in general. I will count the performance Saturday as a vast improvment, and remain proud and optimistic!

+ Reply to Thread