+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Go Saints

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Re: Go Saints

Get back to me when they go to the playoffs and win for three straight years -

They are STILL the Saints -

And just because they gave Peyton a 5 year extension, doesn't mean it was the CORRECT move...

And yes - I'm a Saints fan and have been since the days of Kilmer, Abramowitz, Fears and Dempsey....

But they are STILL the Saints -

''Don't be a bad dagh..."

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

meanwhile, on monday night football ....

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luminaire View Post
    meanwhile, on monday night football ....

Cowboys have a ways to go before they are ready to win it all IMO. Their D is awesome against a bad offense and horrible against a good O. There is never an in between. Their Offense was very good despite some Romo mistakes, but their D looked worse than the Saints. Still, I would be worried as a Cowboys fan because of the D come playoff time. (Yes, I know, I have plenty of things to worry about as a Saints fan, but that is not the point of the post).

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post

And just because they gave Peyton a 5 year extension, doesn't mean it was the CORRECT move...

And yes - I'm a Saints fan and have been since the days of Kilmer, Abramowitz, Fears and Dempsey....

Saints still have trouble finishing games (Deuce being out hurts us tremendously in this category.

Week 1-3rd and 2, first down ends the game, we run and dont get a yard. Luckily, TB chokes it up to end the game. Garcia beats us if he is in his prime.

Week 2-Up 9 with 7 to play, Redskins drive down the field without resistance, shut it down on O, cant get tough yards, then bomb to Moss, head too far up our as at this point to do anything.

Bad endings to both games. Defense will get better as people come back from injuries, but our O still has a long way to go. We need a first down back, Reggie or Pierre getting 1 yard on 1st down is not cutting it. I honestly just think we are a mediocre team. In the NFC, that can get you in the playoffs and you can hopefully make a run.

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post

I tend to agree, guily until prove otherwise. Better pieces but not where they need to be.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

I don't like the length of the extension at all -

Bush is NOT the answer and Duece's knees are gone - need to rely on Stecker and Thomas in his stead -

The O-line can't block any better than Tech's -

Caught alittle of your talk with Gus yesterday and I agree with your premise -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Bush needs a power-back to compliment him. I bet you could get Michael Bush for a song from the Raiders.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Big Dog jlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the rough jlam's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg View Post
    Yep, sure could have used deuce at that point. His two five yard runs were typical Deuce. Get hit at 2 to 3 yard mark then shoulder forward for 2 more yards.
    People see what they want to see I guess. Deuce had an 8 yard gain on his first rush in one of the few times all day the oline made any semblance of an opening to run through for anybody. Next and last time he ran was for 2 yards.

I don't disagree that a healthy Deuce is a fantastic thing for our offense because his running style is distinctly different and he really is better and grinding out a couple of tough yards that aren't really there. However, this Reggie bashing has got to stop, at least when it's not warranted. Pierre Thomas had 6 carries for 8 yards. Deuce had one decent run. Reggie had to make DTs miss two yards deep in the backfield before he ever even fully received the handoff.

Reggie freaking Bush has been our most consistent offensive performer through these first two games of the season whether the "Pound Deuce" leatherhelmets want to admit it or not. He's not perfect as a runner, no. Sometimes he misses cutback lanes, sometimes he misses assignments, but he's been the best we have. Period.

Stop looking for a convenient scapegoat based on past generalizations. We cannot run the football right now. For anyone. I don't know if it's a personnel problem up front or if it's scheme, but I do know that it's intellectually lazy to blame a running back for not being able to run through a brick ****ing wall.

See also: Jones-Drew, Maurice and Taylor, Fred.

Big Dog jlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the rough jlam's Avatar

Someone on Saintsreport did a great job taking the time to break down, in pictures, what was a common occurence on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackandGold91
    2 TE's, 2 WR's, 1 RB

Apparently our RG doesn't want any part of their DT

RG and RT have become one, Center is engaging backer, Shockey engaged at top with DE.

Oh no! RT is on his face and RG is checking out the DT cause he has noone left to block.Shockey is engaged with the outside backer and DE.

Bush manages to find a "hole".

Bush gets back to the LOS salvaging what could have been a 2 yard loss.

Bush throws his hands in disgust. Wouldn't you if 2 of your lineman took a play off?

Quote Originally Posted by jlam View Post
    People see what they want to see I guess. Deuce had an 8 yard gain on his first rush in one of the few times all day the oline made any semblance of an opening to run through for anybody. Next and last time he ran was for 2 yards.

I don't disagree that a healthy Deuce is a fantastic thing for our offense because his running style is distinctly different and he really is better and grinding out a couple of tough yards that aren't really there. However, this Reggie bashing has got to stop, at least when it's not warranted. Pierre Thomas had 6 carries for 8 yards. Deuce had one decent run. Reggie had to make DTs miss two yards deep in the backfield before he ever even fully received the handoff.

Reggie freaking Bush has been our most consistent offensive performer through these first two games of the season whether the "Pound Deuce" leatherhelmets want to admit it or not. He's not perfect as a runner, no. Sometimes he misses cutback lanes, sometimes he misses assignments, but he's been the best we have. Period.

Stop looking for a convenient scapegoat based on past generalizations. We cannot run the football right now. For anyone. I don't know if it's a personnel problem up front or if it's scheme, but I do know that it's intellectually lazy to blame a running back for not being able to run through a brick ****ing wall.

See also: Jones-Drew, Maurice and Taylor, Fred.
    Let me preface by saying Deuce, I mean a Deuce-like runner. I think Deuce is possibly done, but we need a big back.

Not blowing on Reggie as much as on our use of him. Reggie is not a typical back, he will never be a 25 carry guy. He is not a good first down back, period. He is a great 2nd and 3rd down back, IMO. He can line up in the slot, he can make good runs in certain situations. On a normal, first down carry, Reggie tries to do too much instead of just hitting holes. It has been like that for 2 years and 2 games now. Also, Reggie was the most hyped player coming out in a long time, he is held to a higher standard so get used to it. I think most of us are seeing it for what it is and you are hugging Reggie's nuts.

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Let me preface by saying Deuce, I mean a Deuce-like runner. I think Deuce is possibly done, but we need a big back.

Not blowing on Reggie as much as on our use of him. Reggie is not a typical back, he will never be a 25 carry guy. He is not a good first down back, period. He is a great 2nd and 3rd down back, IMO. He can line up in the slot, he can make good runs in certain situations. On a normal, first down carry, Reggie tries to do too much instead of just hitting holes. It has been like that for 2 years and 2 games now. Also, Reggie was the most hyped player coming out in a long time, he is held to a higher standard so get used to it. I think most of us are seeing it for what it is and you are hugging Reggie's nuts.
    I wouldnt say he is hugging his nuts. I came to the realization last year the 25 will never live up to the hype, I dont think anybody could. That being said he could still be a special player in this league...If like you say is used right.

As far as Deuce, This is his last year with the Saints so lets start riding him till the wheels come off..That way Payton also has an out by saying "see we played him".

The season aint over but the saints are like a box of choclates" every sunday you never know what your going to get...but usually is something I dont like lol."

I was with you up until that last sentence which makes no sense.

What is it exactly that I'm missing and that "most of you" are seeing? I said he's not a perfect runner. I don't disagree that it would be and always will be beneficial for this offense to have a more power-oriented runner to grind out tough yards when we need them. But in these past two games we've had instance after instance of backs being met at or behind the line of scrimmage, regardless of circumstance or participant. Whereas I identify a problem with and am subsequently frustrated by the blocking/scheme, others I notice are taking the easy way out and blaming the fellow with the football (but only when it applies to the one they don't like).

I couldn't care less who gains our rushing yards on offense. Mario Bates could come out of retirement and tote the rock for a buck fifty and I'd be ecstatic. I'm sans player agendas I assure you. But I guess it's easier to call me a nut hugger than to address the opinions and evidence provided.

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrew View Post
    I wouldnt say he is hugging his nuts. I came to the realization last year the 25 will never live up to the hype, I dont think anybody could. That being said he could still be a special player in this league...If like you say is used right.

As far as Deuce, This is his last year with the Saints so lets start riding him till the wheels come off..That way Payton also has an out by saying "see we played him".

The season aint over but the saints are like a box of choclates" every sunday you never know what your going to get...but usually is something I dont like lol."
    No doubt, Reggie has special skills. He is one of the best one on one guys, better than Hester overall because he catches so well. He has phenomenal speed. He just cant use that speed the same way as he did in college, he seems to think he still can with all of the bouncing outside and step back moves at the line of scrimmage. Sometimes you just need to take your 3 yards and wait til the next carry. Reggie actually started doing that at the end of his first year some, but he never did it last year. I am still hesitant on Reggie after last year, hopefully that was just injury woes. He looked good the first game out of the gate and okay in the second. He has game breaking ability and we need to keep finding new creative ways to get him the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by jlam View Post
    I was with you up until that last sentence which makes no sense.

What is it exactly that I'm missing and that "most of you" are seeing? I said he's not a perfect runner. I don't disagree that it would be and always will be beneficial for this offense to have a more power-oriented runner to grind out tough yards when we need them. But in these past two games we've had instance after instance of backs being met at or behind the line of scrimmage. Whereas I identify a problem with and am subsequently frustrated by the blocking/scheme, others I notice are taking the easy way out and blaming the fellow with the football (but only when it applies to the one they don't like).

I couldn't care less who gains our rushing yards on offense. Mario Bates could come out of retirement and tote the rock for a buck fifty and I'd be ecstatic. I'm sans player agendas I assure you. But I guess it's easier to call me a nut hugger than to address the opinions and evidence provided.
    Well then I guess there isnt really an argument. You quoted me as if I was being especially hard on Bush, which I dont think I was. I have seen the line block badly for the running game, but I have also seen a pattern over Reggie's career of a lack of consistency being able to run the ball between the tackles (not necessarily aimed at the Redskins game). Of course, we all knew he would never be the greatest between the tackles runner, but he showed promise at the end of his rookie year that I have not seen since.

Well then I guess there isnt really an argument. You quoted me as if I was being especially hard on Bush, which I dont think I was. I have seen the line block badly for the running game, but I have also seen a pattern over Reggie's career of a lack of consistency being able to run the ball between the tackles (not necessarily aimed at the Redskins game). Of course, we all knew he would never be the greatest between the tackles runner, but he showed promise at the end of his rookie year that I have not seen since.
    I think I initially quoted the wrong post from you, as it was this one that I read that I took the initial exception to.

Yep, ole Reggie better get more worried about getting more than 1 yard a carry before he starts talking smack. We need Deuce in a bad way. Reggie running on first down was the saddest crap I have ever seen, just absolutely terrible.
    Contrary to your more recent remarks, you seemed to be placing the blame on our pathetic rushing attack squarely on his shoulders when all the signs point to it not being his fault. Surely you can see that he was consistently given chicken **** and asked to serve up cordon bleu. You said nothing about the scheme or "how we used him", you insinuated that he pretty much sucked and have since crawfished.

It happens and we all get frustrated (especially in the heat of the moment) but you have to learn to look deeper than to just blame the guy who's a little cocky from time to time (it was a dumb penalty by the way) because you don't like the attitude.

+ Reply to Thread