+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Doing the Right Things the Right Way Works - ECU Ranked 14

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Doing the Right Things the Right Way Works - ECU Ranked 14

East Carolina leap-frogged into the Top 25 this week showing up at #14. Skip Holtz took over East Carolina in late 2004 and started building the program. While the personality is different from Dooley, the methods and the work ethic is very much the same. Holtz has build a quality program the right way.

Skip's record at ECU is:

2005 5W - 6L (Conference 4 & 4)
    2006 7W - 6L (Conterence 5 & 3)
    2007 8W - 5L (Conference 6 & 2)

Louisiana Tech is on the right path. Does anyone doubt that not so long ago we'd probably be 0 & 2 at this point in the season? MSU was a good win. Yes, we lost at Kansas, but we didn't get annihilated or massacred, we failed to make plays and got beat.

We need to keep working on improving our fan support so we can afford the tools we need to help get the job done. Thankfully, we have an athletic administration that is trying to show us how to get it done.

Big Dog jlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the rough jlam's Avatar

Re: Doing the Right Things the Right Way Works - ECU Ranked 14

Not that I doubt that we're doing things "the right way", but ECU has been committed to this for a lot longer than since 2005. They spent millions between 1999 and 2002 on stadium expansion, club level seating, video board, and a $13 million dollar athletic complex next to the endzone. They're reaping the benefits of all that now.

Varsity Bulldog Dawgs241 has turned a few heads around hereDawgs241 has turned a few heads around hereDawgs241 has turned a few heads around hereDawgs241 has turned a few heads around here

Wow, College football has changed so much in the last 10 years. I don't understand why people put such a big emphasis on BCS vs Non-BCS teams, in my opinion there is no difference. ECU, Bosie St, Fresno etc......(a lot of others can be added) gives us an example of this. I hope Tech can get there one day and we can have our moment in the sun. We are not there yet, but it seems like we are going in the right direction.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

From what I saw they should be ranked higher. GO ECU!!!ARRRR

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Pat Dye first put ECU on the map back in the 70's. Then someone dropped the ball and the program backed up. Looks like Holtz has the program moving in the right direction again. Their last three games were wins over: Boise St., Va Tech and West VA. Not bad, and a whole lot tougher than any three CUSA games they'll have to play.

Fresno and BYU are alive and well to crash the BCS bowl party, but ECU has emerged as the clear favorite now. Both Fresno and BYU face tougher conference slates and Fresno still has UCLA and Wisconsin non-conf, yikes! Sorry Pat Hill, you're going down in Ruston anyway!

Big Dog metrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her game metrydawg's Avatar

ECU is cool. Best of luck to the pirates the rest of the year.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Pat Dye first put ECU on the map back in the 70's. Then someone dropped the ball and the program backed up. Looks like Holtz has the program moving in the right direction again. Their last three games were wins over: Boise St., Va Tech and West VA. Not bad, and a whole lot tougher than any three CUSA games they'll have to play.

Fresno and BYU are alive and well to crash the BCS bowl party, but ECU has emerged as the clear favorite now. Both Fresno and BYU face tougher conference slates and Fresno still has UCLA and Wisconsin non-conf, yikes! Sorry Pat Hill, you're going down in Ruston anyway!
    ECU was Tech's first ever opponent at JAS back in 1968. Bradshaw and company pinned their ears back, if I recall. Proud to say I was there.

Champ DrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the rough

i remember the pirates playing tech a few times during my undergrad days.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post
    ECU was Tech's first ever opponent at JAS back in 1968. Bradshaw and company pinned their ears back, if I recall. Proud to say I was there.
    Tech 35
    ECU 7

I was also there.

Have you heard anything from our ole buddy, Gerald, lately?

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    Tech 35
    ECU 7

I was also there.

Have you heard anything from our ole buddy, Gerald, lately?
    Don, I haven't seen "Porter" since a class reunion in 2000. He was doing well then. Living around the Monterey area.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

It certainly helps when you get the BCS teams at home.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    It certainly helps when you get the BCS teams at home.
    Ya think? http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...earless/080905

The top performers on that list either loaded up on the bottom of the BCS (which is what makes this kind of list simply based on BCS-AQ conference vs. non-AQ worthless) or managed to get some home games. Or both. Take a peek at where ALL of Hawaii's AQ wins were.

Champ MICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post
    I well remember playing the Pirates in '68 & '69 when their coach, Clarence Stasovich, was still running the single wing offense. We had a hard time finding the ball as that offense was so deceptive in its spins, fakes, & play action. The Pirates were almost unstoppable between the 20's but, when we got them hemmed up in the red zone, they just could not punch it in. Then, the BOMBER got the ball & they had no idea how to stop the passing game.

What I wanted to say is, in those days, East Carolina has facilities that resembled what the JC has today, without the artificial surface. They have done an excellent job through all these years in investing in STUFF & it is paying off.

Champ DrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by MICKEYS14 View Post
    I well remember playing the Pirates in '68 & '69 when their coach, Clarence Stasovich, was still running the single wing offense. We had a hard time finding the ball as that offense was so deceptive in its spins, fakes, & play action. The Pirates were almost unstoppable between the 20's but, when we got them hemmed up in the red zone, they just could not punch it in. Then, the BOMBER got the ball & they had no idea how to stop the passing game.

What I wanted to say is, in those days, East Carolina has facilities that resembled what the JC has today, without the artificial surface. They have done an excellent job through all these years in investing in STUFF & it is paying off.
    and even in the eighties; greenville was not MUCH larger than ruston is today. just shows you what fan support will do.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by MICKEYS14 View Post
    They have done an excellent job through all these years in investing in STUFF & it is paying off.
    STUFF is good....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

+ Reply to Thread