+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Nothing less than 8 wins this year for Tech!

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Re: Nothing less than 8 wins this year for Tech!

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Good point. I agree. And I'll bet that Nevada coach Chris Ault agrees too.

HD
    We got this one HD. Trusteth in the Bigdog.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    We got this one HD. Trusteth in the Bigdog.
    I'd rather trusteth in the BigDog than this gnawing worry in my gut that is telling me we better be ready for Nevada this year.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgmatic View Post
    I'd rather trusteth in the BigDog than this gnawing worry in my gut that is telling me we better be ready for Nevada this year.
    Dooley will have us ready!!! They can't pitch and catch like KU. It's a totally different type of offense. We can defend this team.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    Dooley will have us ready!!! They can't pitch and catch like KU. It's a totally different type of offense. We can defend this team.
    Ok, I'm going with you BD13! :icon_wink:

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752 View Post
    One thing to keep in mind about Nevada's QB though. He likes to run as much as he likes to throw. If we stop the run I think we get enough in his head to win.
    that qb of theirs is tricky to defend.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar

HD,

I don't always agree with you, but I think I do on this one. I think 8 wins is certainly achievable. But I also think there are some REAL QUESTIONS about this team that are yet to be answered:

1. Is Bennett just inaccurate in passing or has the extreme amount of pressure he has been getting caused him to throw poor passes? I don't think he will see the same type of pressure the rest of the season he got in the first 2 games so SLU will be important to gauge this.
    2. Can our O-Line actually give him time to throw? I think so. I think MSU and KU were big, strong, and fast up front and we were outmanned on the O-Line.
    3. Can our receivers catch balls that aren't right in their hands (and some that are)? The HAVE to pull some of those close ones in.
    4. Can we defend the pass? This has been a question for YEARS and I STILL think we are susceptible to a pass happy team.

Chris

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by metrydawg View Post
    Especially when we can beat an SEC team!! I see us in a bowl game...REALLY!!! And 8 wins would be a conservative number for me. GO TECH!!!
    We've got to let this SEC stuff go. We didn't play the SEC, we played Mississippi State. At home.

Any coach in the nation would take Miss. St. at home before he would try to play @ Boise or Hawaii, or Fresno at home. I'm not saying we can't do it, but WAC road wins are hard to come by. If you aren't dealing with altitude, you've got cold, or jet lag, or beaches on top of normal travel conditions (crowd and breaking your routine).

Champ SixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of light

I think the crowd is going to be a big factor against Nevada... or the lack of crowd, really.

Nevada is right after thanksgiving, and over break at Tech. Student section will be mild at best.

Whereas the Fresno game, for example, is homecoming. If they can manage to still be ranked, it might be a bigger game (attendance-wise) than MSU.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SixWings View Post
    I think the crowd is going to be a big factor against Nevada... or the lack of crowd, really.

Nevada is right after thanksgiving, and over break at Tech. Student section will be mild at best.

Whereas the Fresno game, for example, is homecoming. If they can manage to still be ranked, it might be a bigger game (attendance-wise) than MSU.
    You forgot to mention the games are at 1:30.

Champ SixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of light

yeah, that too

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

I like these Saturday after Thanksgiving games because I will be in town anyway.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    I like these Saturday after Thanksgiving games because I will be in town anyway.
    I wouldn't have much of a problem with that particular game except that I am torn between going to possibly one of the biggest Tech games EVER or going and coaching my son's championship football game. I know, I'm counting my chickens before...but Dooley should have checked with me before he changed the game times.:icon_wink:

Big Dog metrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her game metrydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    We've got to let this SEC stuff go. We didn't play the SEC, we played Mississippi State. At home.

Any coach in the nation would take Miss. St. at home before he would try to play @ Boise or Hawaii, or Fresno at home. I'm not saying we can't do it, but WAC road wins are hard to come by. If you aren't dealing with altitude, you've got cold, or jet lag, or beaches on top of normal travel conditions (crowd and breaking your routine).
    Oh really... I think the majority would diasagree. What people say down here is Tech beat an SEC team. It's a big deal whether you think so or not. They are part of the club. That is Tech earned a badge of honor ( at least a little respect) by beating Mississippi State. So, I am very proud of our bulldogs beating their bulldogs. This is a very good start for our team. Seven more wins is not that unforseeable to me. I think we can even top that if certain factors come into play. The biggest I see, would be healthy players. Yes, of course, we have challenges on the road, But Tech will have to go into those places ready with the right attitude and wanting to take home victories. I agree that, we must take each game one at a time. Q: How do you eat an elephant? A: One bite at a time.

Varsity Bulldog Appledog is just really niceAppledog is just really niceAppledog is just really niceAppledog is just really niceAppledog is just really niceAppledog is just really niceAppledog is just really niceAppledog is just really niceAppledog is just really nice Appledog's Avatar

...and beating MSU at home on national TV helps. A lot of people across the country saw that game. I have watched the playback - the field/stadium really looked good and you can hear the crowd. The best part of the TV broadcast was when the announcers had to stop talking about how big and bad the SEC/ MSU was and start giving Tech credit. I think that WAC vs SEC has more weight in the eyes of the average college football fan, than say, WAC vs CUSA or Sunbelt.

Of course, the downside of this "national" exposure is getting shut out the next week at KU, that took some shine off our team. The Tech-KU game was broadcast here in the greater NYC region on MSG TV.

I think we may have been one of a handfull of schools in the country to have our 1st two games on national broadcasts. (note I'm not sure if all the FSN affiliates nation wide picked up the Tech-KU game)

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by metrydawg View Post
    Oh really... I think the majority would diasagree. What people say down here is Tech beat an SEC team. It's a big deal whether you think so or not. They are part of the club. That is Tech earned a badge of honor ( at least a little respect) by beating Mississippi State. So, I am very proud of our bulldogs beating their bulldogs. This is a very good start for our team. Seven more wins is not that unforseeable to me. I think we can even top that if certain factors come into play. The biggest I see, would be healthy players. Yes, of course, we have challenges on the road, But Tech will have to go into those places ready with the right attitude and wanting to take home victories. I agree that, we must take each game one at a time. Q: How do you eat an elephant? A: One bite at a time.
    Yeah, I agree that (sadly, out of ignorance) most fans in the area think more of a MSU win than they will (hopefully) a win @ UH, BSU, or over FSU. I get that.

What I was saying is that in terms of evaluating the team and predicting the outcome of future games it isn't the best measuring stick. I'll put it another way - if we had beaten Auburn on the road the way we beat MSU in Ruston, then I'd be darn confident about beating the top WAC teams. As it is, I am hopeful. If our only win had been UCA we wouldn't know anything at all.

I'm just saying that on paper MSU at home is probably our 4th toughest game this season. Maybe 5th. So while winning it was awesome and will mean more for fans, recruiting, and image, it doesn't necessarily tell us how good we are.

+ Reply to Thread