+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: iPod

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Re: iPod

Quote Originally Posted by Yarfunkle View Post
    A bit off topic, but do you listen to any DnB? (Drum and Bass)

DJ Dieselboy is one of my favorites
    I do listen to it, but I haven't really found anything I truly like... just good stuff to listen to every once in a while.... Haven't heard of DJ Dieselboy though...

Big Dog Yarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Rus-La View Post
    I do listen to it, but I haven't really found anything I truly like... just good stuff to listen to every once in a while.... Haven't heard of DJ Dieselboy though...
    Heres a good track by him:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLOqYJr73rg

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgFan View Post
    So, how many have an iPod vrs. just an MP3 player? I have the latter and am wondering what I'm missing out on.
    You aren't the only one. I've got a Sony Walkman mp3 player. Nothing really fancy, but it works for me.

Also, I haven't paid anything beyond the CD's that I've burned to my hard drive. You iTunes users are doing this (below) with your money!!

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    You aren't the only one. I've got a Sony Walkman mp3 player. Nothing really fancy, but it works for me.

Also, I haven't paid anything beyond the CD's that I've burned to my hard drive. You iTunes users are doing this (below) with your money!!

$15 for 1 song from a CD, or $1.08 (or whatever it is around there), for 1 song from iTunes? Seems to make sense to me...

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar

I've got a 1GB mp3 player that I bought for $30 on the day after Thanksgiving sales. No video, but music. I download individual songs from WalMart.com, sync with Windows Media Player, and have been very happy with it. It's the size of a shuffle so I can carry it about anywhere and it does what I need. I'm just wondering for all the iPod users, what does the iPod give you in features that I don't have with mine? Assuming, of course, that I'm not interested in movies?

This is a serious question. If you tell me subscriptions, fine, explain how I'll use that to make increase my enjoyment or decrease my time to manage what's on my player. What is it that makes the iPod the cream de la cream of players!

Chris

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

I've got a 1GB mp3 player that I bought for $30 on the day after Thanksgiving sales. No video, but music. I download individual songs from WalMart.com, sync with Windows Media Player, and have been very happy with it. It's the size of a shuffle so I can carry it about anywhere and it does what I need. I'm just wondering for all the iPod users, what does the iPod give you in features that I don't have with mine? Assuming, of course, that I'm not interested in movies?

This is a serious question. If you tell me subscriptions, fine, explain how I'll use that to make increase my enjoyment or decrease my time to manage what's on my player. What is it that makes the iPod the cream de la cream of players!

Chris
    I cannot speak for most iPods, but the benefits of the iPod touch are:
    (1) web browsing,
    (2) DLing songs directly to the iPod from the Internet,
    (3) really cool interface (just like the iPhone),
    (4) the ability to play iTunes format,
    (5) the ability to DL other applications (such as games).

That is all I know.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

Hell, I'm still trying to figure out how to "rip" my CDs to my laptop and then get them on my iPod!
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CARTEK View Post
    Hell, I'm still trying to figure out how to "rip" my CDs to my laptop and then get them on my iPod!
    Somehow, I got iTunes to do that for me, too. Honestly couldn't tell you how, however.:icon_wink:
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CARTEK View Post
    Open iTunes and then stick the CD in the computer. The iTunes software should load a prompt. You have been trying this with CDs and not vinyl records, right?
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

Yeah, I ha trouble getting the vinyls to fit into the CD slot!
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar

Do you still have an old 5.25" drive on your machine? I've had some luck forcing a few in there!

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rus-La View Post
    $15 for 1 song from a CD, or $1.08 (or whatever it is around there), for 1 song from iTunes? Seems to make sense to me...
    I made a rule about 10-11 years ago. I will buy NO CD's unless I have a MINIMUM of 2 songs that I LOVE.

Also, Lindsey is addicted to iTunes, so I can also steal her music. :icon_wink:

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

Chris
    For me, it's the extras that work well. I have a plug in for my car that plays the IPod through the speaker system and charges at the same time. My alarm clock also plays my IPod. I know you can make that work with other MP3 players, but it's generally not as easy -- and definitely wasn't at the time I bought the IPod.

My only experience with another MP3 player was that it had a clunky interface. Though, I'll admit, I don't really think IPod's is that great either. Both ITunes and the IPod interface could do a few things more easily.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Speaking of Ipods I have a tech question..sort of. I purchased a new battery on line because the battery that came with my Ipod died in about 2 seconds. After installing the new battery my Ipod became erratic and then quit working all together. Question is where can I get the thing fixed? Do I have to send it to Apple and are they going to hose me because I bought a battery somewhere other than with them? I'm in a bad way without my Ipod and the new wife would really frown on the purchase of a new one right now.

Quote Originally Posted by GonzoDawg View Post
    Speaking of Ipods I have a tech question..sort of. I purchased a new battery on line because the battery that came with my Ipod died in about 2 seconds. After installing the new battery my Ipod became erratic and then quit working all together. Question is where can I get the thing fixed? Do I have to send it to Apple and are they going to hose me because I bought a battery somewhere other than with them? I'm in a bad way without my Ipod and the new wife would really frown on the purchase of a new one right now.
    Ummmm, IPods don't come with replaceable batteries.........

+ Reply to Thread